Knock knock who's there?

Moderator: Officer Corps Reps

laughslast
Scout
Scout

Application Laughslast Orc Hunter

Post by laughslast »

Hi everyone.

I'm just seeing if there is a Hunter spot open, need a guild. Left the last one had a fight with my class leader. Hmm wait a minute that sounds pretty negative. Let me explain a bit then; yes it involved loot, but no it wasn't about loot, it was about being hit below the belt for the loot. Loot comes if you play. Thats all there is to it really. I believe, and you can disagree, that knowing your class lets you play your role in a raid more than the items. The items are a limiting factor that can be improved, quite fast really if you are willing to put in the time (though balancing stats and aiming for certain pieces can be difficult). Knowing what to do takes time, research, talking to people, playing etc. Executing is another skill altogether, especially in a group setting, only one way, practice till you get it right. Then do it differently to see if there is an improvement.

Respecting other's people opinion is also important. I played with a hunter who absolutely insisted that I needed 5/5 (5/15/51) in improved aspect of the hawk. From personal experience 2/18/51 gave me my dps, I admit I never tried (6/14/51) but was curious (I get my build ideas from the armory of the hunters in Ensidia and Method then see if I can read up on the forums and see what people think. (did I mention I was a survival hunter? But will play whatever gives best damage/utility come 3.1. Really loved BM pre 3.08 /cry)

How I came to apply to Sinister Ministry? Well I went and did a google search for guild rankings. I wanted a guild just slightly better or worse than my last guild Unleashed Order (all very nice people by the way, even my class leader, he appologized after the incident, but I'm difficult). I'm not all about progression, but I noticed the level of commitment and organization in the guild and was hoping for something similar. Before that I was in only 1 other guild with this char and though I was in a guild I ended up doing more PUG, totally disorganized.

I spoke a little with Månstråle yesterday, and he informed me that the guild consisted of an older age bracked than the typical guild. I'm 32. I like the youngsters, have no problem with playing with any age group as long as the focus is the game. I'm sure there are a lot of kids that are much better than me, and I'm more interested in how well you heal or tank than your age. However, I was intrigued with the idea of an older age group. (If I hear one more Chuck Noris joke....). Would be fun to have some discussions about threads on Elitist Jerks, and actually be able to ask for informative sites rather than have to find them myself.

My experience with raids is a little limited. 5 weeks of 25 heroic: Naxx, Eoe, Voa, Sarth 1D, playing when the guild had a spot open. Voa is easy, Naxx I know the tacticts. I struggle controling the dragon in Eoe (phase 3 is it?). Though the guild did Sarth 2d I wasnt there when they did. Nothing before Wotlk.

Sorry not really techy and dont know how to link armory. And getting an error message.

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer.

Now if I could ask some questions. When do you raid, how long for? Månstråle told me but I forgot :( How do you choose who will be able to attend?

Also, Månstråle informed me that I may not get too much playtime because you had a ful time hunter. From your armory seems like you have 3 (looks at armory and notices 6/14/51 builds, lol foot in the mouth)I would prefer to be in a guild that hasn't done as much progression but I can play in. So I hope we do a good job matching. Likewise, if I'm not as experienced or good, would be no fun for anyone if I came along to Sarth 3D and wiped the raid.

I suggest a trial period, naturally if I am accepted I would be on a trial period, but same would go the other way, if I feel like I don't fit for one reason or another I would say so, just as I expect you to.

Please contact me in game as soon as you can if you have a spot open (an in game mail or /w), I have applied to other guilds, too, and when you are guildless and don't know when the next guild invite is coming you just take the first one (but none yet) :(

Hope to hear from someone soon, even a "no, we are not interested" would be helpful. Though a "yes" would be more so.
Pharao
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Pharao »

Månstråle is not a he.....
Me > you
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Now if I could ask some questions. When do you raid, how long for? Månstråle told me but I forgot How do you choose who will be able to attend?
About 3 big raids (25 people) a week (with DKP) start around 19:30h and go on till 23:30h or until the target of the evening is reached. Rest is 10 people raids/DPS etc with no DKP (too much hassle).

Things we consider when putting a raidgroup together (in no particular order):

* The encounters - Especially when learning encounters sometimes the raid needs to be filled with specific classes and/or specs.

* Raidtime with SM - Long-time raiders with the skill to raid will usually get picked over newer members (loyalty ftw). There is nothing you can do about it but wait for your chance and play good and bring the right attitude when you can raid (see below).

* Skill - If you suck your chance to raid is low. You need to be able to adapt to unforseen/new situations.

* Attitude - Whining about whipes, (instead of helping us analize what went wrong) and/or loot will get you less and less raid invites.

but I'm difficult

How difficult? If you fuck up we can still bring it up after months of raiding to "roast" you. If you are overly sensitive we might not be the best guild for you 8)

Loot is simple in SM, you get DKP and you can bid on items. Main spec bids go over off spec bids. If you really want a piece of loot you will have to save up for it. If you sign up for a raid and are available for the time the raid is running (contact info etc) you get stand-by DKP wich is the same as the DKP the raiders get and you can spend it when you actually get to raid.

And in the category of "just curious & and actual info I would like":

- Wich country are you from?
- How is your connection to WoW?
- Do you have a decent enough computer to play WoW?
- In wich part of Sweden live the worst WoW players??
- Does Holland pwn Belgium Hardcore?
Please contact me in game as soon as you can if you have a spot open (an in game mail or /w), I have applied to other guilds, too, and when you are guildless and don't know when the next guild invite is coming you just take the first one
Not if you want a guild that has a solid core and has been around longer then TH :lol:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
laughslast
Scout
Scout

Post by laughslast »

How difficult am I? "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." You should check out youtube for the G. Bush version.

I'm Italian, connection is fine, comp is fine.

Swede's play WoW? Thought all they did was drink? Though if I had to guess based on reputation it would be Lund, great theorycrafters and that's about it.

No, sorry, Belgium FTW. Lived there for 10 years. Though Holland has some advantages (I've heard).

"Not if you want a guild that has a solid core and has been around longer then TH"
I think people who think they are shit hot are BIG FAIL. None of them know that I'm the shit hottest person around!

Looks like I have to end my application, I live in Greece and we are at WoW time +1. End raids at 12:30 (and really, when has a raid ever ended on time?) get up at 7:00. I can't do it.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

what is an italian doing in greece? Oo
and did the x-files raid this thread or are you rambling random stuff?
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Shizume
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Shizume »

laughslast wrote: Looks like I have to end my application, I live in Greece and we are at WoW time +1. End raids at 12:30 (and really, when has a raid ever ended on time?) get up at 7:00. I can't do it.
Every raid evening?
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

You seem like an, uhm, reasonable guy. That's all I can tell by your text.
You also seem to lack some experience, not that it was crucial in this game, but still. How much dps do you pull off on a fight like Patchwerk, how much on a more complex fight like .. Errrrrr .. Nevermind, you haven't done s2d yet :P

¤: Italian living in greece bitching about raiding times, awkay!
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

laughslast wrote:Swede's play WoW? Thought all they did was drink? Though if I had to guess based on reputation it would be Lund, great theorycrafters and that's about it.
From what I read in your first post I kinda liked you, but you ruined it now, bigtime!
Looks like I have to end my application, I live in Greece and we are at WoW time +1. End raids at 12:30 (and really, when has a raid ever ended on time?) get up at 7:00. I can't do it.
Every raid ends on time. If we can't finish an encounter before the raid is supposed to end we won't start it.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Right, if you assume our raids do not end in time then we shouldn't bother. Also a bit full of your self it seems. Good luck finding a guild tho.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.