Knock knock who's there?

Moderator: Officer Corps Reps

Aikon
Grunt
Grunt

Warlock Application

Post by Aikon »

About me:

My name is Erik Jan and I live in the Netherlands. I’m 22 years old and at the moment I’m studying Information Technologies. Besides WoW I do some sports like ice-skating and bicycling. Before WoW I played mostly FPS games like Q2, CS and UT.

My playing times are Monday to Thursday from 16:00 till 00:00. Fridays and Saturdays are a bit unstable.

About my character:

Name: Aikon
Class: Warlock
Race: Undead
Talentspec: Affliction (46/05/10)
Attuned to MH: done
Attuned to BT: Missing Rage
/Played: 126 days
Armory profile: *edit* cant seem to post that yet

Raiding and guild history

Before BC I was in the guild Beyond Oblivion, cleared up to beginning AQ40. After the release of BC I joined Amphitere. With them I cleared up to MH and all the outdoor bosses. I then quitted raiding due real life issues. The reason I left Amphitere is because I’m unable to raid there at the moment.

Talent spec:

I’m currently specced as Affliction because I’ve been Affliction almost whole my life and it does the best damage until BT/MH. The spec I have now is a raidoriented supportbuild with Shadow Embrace and Malediction.

I also have the gear to switch to a 21/40 Destruction build.

Why I would join Sinister Ministry:

Sinister Ministry gives me the impression if a serious and mature raiding guild. You have a good and steady progression in content but not an over-the-top hardcore attitude.

What I can offer to Sinister Ministry:

A dedicated player with lots of free time and willing to put work in progression. I have Ventrilo and I’m not afraid to talk.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Warlock Application

Post by Lateralus »

Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

yooooooo aikon hows life good luck with application
Pellaagarion
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Pellaagarion »

heeej Aikon !! GL with your app
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

I have a couple of questions.
The first one I'd like to see a pretty descriptive answer for.

- How did you handle your "quitting due to real life issues" in Amphitere and did you feel you handled this correctly?
- Amphitere has very recently acquired a few warlocks - how come you couldn't work this out internally as a return to the game?
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Hey Aikon! How are you? Still ever so silent on vent/teamspeak?

Good luck with your application! =)
Aikon
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Aikon »

sneek wrote:I have a couple of questions.
The first one I'd like to see a pretty descriptive answer for.

- How did you handle your "quitting due to real life issues" in Amphitere and did you feel you handled this correctly?
- Amphitere has very recently acquired a few warlocks - how come you couldn't work this out internally as a return to the game?
- They demoted be to a non-raidmember rank and I agreed to it. I did not participate in progress raids with them. I did the occasionally 10mans in the weekend only. I had no problem with it and so had Amp. They raided, I chose not to raid. At that time school was going quite bad and the hardcore schedule of them at that time would have killed me. They filled my spot with new people and I thought I could join them again anytime in the future.

With that being said however when I look back I think i should have left them for a more casual raiding guild back then or just totally quitted the game. I was still quite hardcore. I always missed the beating of new bosses. I was always envy on them when they downed a new boss and went crazy in guild chat and I said to myself I should be there too.

So did I handle this correctly ? I don't know, I guess not. I found out that i'm way to friendly too people for my own good. I should have discussed about it earlier on but I didn’t. I should have made my own stand on it but instead I shrugged it off in the hope people would notice me.

- That's right, i talked about it with the GM if i could join the raidforce again but that didn't worked out. It ment i had to re-apply to the guild, which i was part of for nearly a year. Besides that it was just unfortunate timing that they took two warlocks for trial. One thing is that also after having the non-raidmember rank for so long i didn't feel part of the guild anymore. I thought it was best to leave this guild and join another.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

How many raids per week are you looking for?
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Aikon
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Aikon »

Fenz wrote:How many raids per week are you looking for?
I was hoping for atleast 50% attendance, so 2 /3 when raiding 5 days.