Gaar wrote:you forgot me
and me! although I havent showed up for like ages :D

good luck on the app m8!
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Omg Kozu!
You're still alive :o
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

zNow wrote:Yea noob, now you apply :P
Start wow again, nubcake :(
Akaza wrote:If your name isn't Lars you won't get in !!!
But, but... atleast a have don't have a cliché-lastname (xxx-sen etc.)! Ah well, my name is Thomas :(
Fenz wrote:Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! A few questions tho:

- The core of our raiders do not look around to start a new guild when we hit a wall. We sometimes hit a wall (last one was at Kael, after that everything is easy 8) ) but 99% of the time we have fun while raiding. We rather drag people people thu SSC/TK then disband. Can you handle periods in wich progres might seem low or a lovely evening of wiping?
First of all, I hate this fucking keyboard that I'm typing from atm, so I'm blame all the spelling errors on this shit keyboard. Anyways, It really depends on the situation. I mean, as I've tried WoW on many different levels, then I would also define my previous guild - as low progress. But, I don't mind sometimes WoW goes shit, and yes it really does... but what I really hated was the view of officers on the situation, which basicly was completely laid back (as in slacking) and decreased the efficientcy of the guild. I don't think I'll ever play WoW as hardcore as I did once, so my care-level automaticly dropped by that.

to continue the example you wrote: Wiping happens, nothing to do about it - but lets say that the officers doesn't react to the "bad raid"... then I get disappointed. Basicly, lets say you have X Bad players in a guild, which you can obviously see slows down progress majorly - then it'll obviously be most healthy to replace those people, as they hurt the guild more as a whole, than actually contribute with something. I would get disappointed incase officers would just leave the issue, and keep damaging the guild. I know it's not very easy nor clear, what my direct oppinion to this is, but I can write it very directly - but I'm afraid of that'll be misunderstood. Basiclly I don't mind wiping, as it does happen - but what I really mind is if officers doesn't try to solve the issue. I want to be in a guild that works to best possible progress, obviously there is ups and downs.
Fenz wrote: - How could you forget Gaar?!.
Because he leveled his twink priest :cry:
Fenz wrote: - How do you feel about raiding with known ruiners *cough* Maugetar *cough*.
Bad bad bad!

I'll be online from friday and on, just been visiting my dad (@ work) for a few days (no my parents isn't splitted, it's just my dad is only home during weekends as the work in a different town).

speak to you, soon.
Last edited by Kozu on 20 Feb 2008, 18:36, edited 2 times in total.
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

ok cool
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Great to know how you feel about Kozu.

Think we'll want to have an ingame chat with you still though - Friday you said right?
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

I'll be home "late" Thursday guess around 17:00 server time (maybe later) and I'll leave/move to CubeLAN on friday, I'm not sure yet when we'll be moving to the LAN - but atleast during that time I'll be off (trip will take 2+ hours). We're (we, as in me and my RL mates) gonna be represented in the DotA tournament, which I still don't know when is exactly gonna be... I mean what time and day. But I'm gonna be on the LAN from friday to sunday, but I'll be online on WoW some of the time. I need to flash 'teh best retri gear ingame' to all those small danish kids that's playing 35 female Night elfs in full green, haha. Nah, just kidding... I'm not that evil, or am I? :oops:
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

you insulted the only dane in the guild by not being called Lars and criticizing his last name... fortunately for you, he doesn't have any influence on recruiting !
Arkandor
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Arkandor »

Hi Kozu. Im the raidleader of SM and responsabe for signing the raids. I have a few concerns about what you wrote up here. It is true that if you want the fastest progress you need to sign the best players to the raids. But on the other hand it is also true that if you do not want a guild that is going to split up as soon as they hit a wall you need to stick with the most loyal people. And sometimes the best and the most loyal persons arent the same. What I am trying to say here is that I as raidleader prefere to sign loyal people first, people that I can trust and people that can attend most of the times. These people are the core of SM and is also the reason why we have been here since day one, three years ago. Some of these people shines bright like stars while others does not, me included. And also SM does not run with a high pool of members to choose from atm. So even if i were willing to start doing those player switches you mention above it will not be possible in our current state. But no... I will never lead my raids that way, I rather do an encounter 50 more times so that those people learn then swtich in a starplayer. Sure the encounter might be more doable but what will that help me the minute that starplayer decide to split from the guild cause we wiped one too many times on Bloodboil?
To sum it up.... SM is a mature guild, we are not elitist and will never be, and we wipe alot some encounters sometimes. If you are still willing to try SM out after you read this then you get a yes from me atleast.
I'm the figurehead on a ship of fools
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

What ark said.
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Arkandor wrote:Hi Kozu. Im the raidleader of SM and responsabe for signing the raids. I have a few concerns about what you wrote up here. It is true that if you want the fastest progress you need to sign the best players to the raids. But on the other hand it is also true that if you do not want a guild that is going to split up as soon as they hit a wall you need to stick with the most loyal people. And sometimes the best and the most loyal persons arent the same. What I am trying to say here is that I as raidleader prefere to sign loyal people first, people that I can trust and people that can attend most of the times. These people are the core of SM and is also the reason why we have been here since day one, three years ago. Some of these people shines bright like stars while others does not, me included. And also SM does not run with a high pool of members to choose from atm. So even if i were willing to start doing those player switches you mention above it will not be possible in our current state. But no... I will never lead my raids that way, I rather do an encounter 50 more times so that those people learn then swtich in a starplayer. Sure the encounter might be more doable but what will that help me the minute that starplayer decide to split from the guild cause we wiped one too many times on Bloodboil?
To sum it up.... SM is a mature guild, we are not elitist and will never be, and we wipe alot some encounters sometimes. If you are still willing to try SM out after you read this then you get a yes from me atleast.

QFT
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

And that is why SM is the greatest guild on the server. Yes, it sucks wiping on bloodboil, but I wouldn't wanna wipe on him with any other ppl :)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Just keep in mind that if you sign up with SM, especially seeing your motivation for leaving Amphitere (of all guilds on TH, for crying out loud) you might be acquiring a job that revolves around eating bees (comic link, might be work unsuitable).

I implore you to chat up with Nooki ingame, for example, and ask him what's up atm in SM.
His favourite alt's a Warlock atm, named Slaughtér.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Alright, I just heard from Nooki that you two had a chat about recent events in SM.
My apologies to put someone of your caliber through this but if anything the past year has proven this is probably the best way for us, as SinMin, to handle things.

We just need to have you put it into writing here how you feel about it and if you'll cope with things done the SM way (read Arkandor's comment about that).