Spakianor - Enhancement shaman

Knock knock who's there?

Moderator: Officer Corps Reps

sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well since you're pressing for it, what I tried to hint at is that we already have a beautiful candidate in our guild for that role.

So how's your attendance looking to be, Spakianor?
And what about those other gearsets you mentioned, what are the broad stats for that; healing/damage/crit/mp5-wise?

What do you think being an enhancement shaman is like over an entire SSC run - what sort of things do you think you'll need to do on each encounter?
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

sneek wrote:So how's your attendance looking to be, Spakianor?
And what about those other gearsets you mentioned, what are the broad stats for that; healing/damage/crit/mp5-wise?
Attendance:
I go to the cinema every tuesday and i'm at the bar drinking and playing pool every friday. Other days are pretty much free.

Healing:
6280 hp / 9740 mp
1245 +healing / 7.70% crit
regen: 118 / 239

PewPew:
7560 hp / 8800 mp
547 +dmg / 19.4% crit
24mp/5 :(
got the T4 setbonus though (120 spell dmg totum)
sneek wrote:What do you think being an enhancement shaman is like over an entire SSC run - what sort of things do you think you'll need to do on each encounter?
Well, i've never been there so i can't say much about it. But it probably is the same as everywhere else: Play the shaman like it should.
Last edited by Spakianor on 12 Sep 2007, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Like it should? Resto then I guess :wink:
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

Enhancement got way more to offer :p
All specs are fine everywhere. You just have to play it the right way, that's what i ment :)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well that's true, we're not looking forward to getting people in the raid that play their class and spec the wrong way.

I'm not sure though if I can rephrase that question without giving away what I'm fishing for :P

(edit)
Certain encounters we do require raid stacking, at least for us - how do you think an Enhancement Shaman goes around coping with that?
As what kind of spec did you clock your raiding experience preBC?
Of those encounters you did, what's the worst of them all and why?
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

sneek wrote:(edit)
Certain encounters we do require raid stacking, at least for us - how do you think an Enhancement Shaman goes around coping with that?
As what kind of spec did you clock your raiding experience preBC?
Of those encounters you did, what's the worst of them all and why?
Raid stacking? I dont know any encounters which you can enter with more raids.. well, AV, WSG and AB off course...
Mostly played Enhancement preBC, respecced resto for some raids when 2 little healing showed up, but we had a "spec what you want" guild and we managed to kill a BWL boss each week (2 raids a week).
Worst encounter... hmm the laughs of Romulo and Julliana are terrible after a while (we had a sucky group when we got them first and whiped a lot :p) ha haa!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

What I meant with raid stacking is that there is one encounter in SSC at least that favors swapping dps for healing, and similar "optimizations" are present in other encounters in other raiding instances.
So on those you'd either see an enhancement shaman donning their (appropriately powerful) healing kit or we get to wheel in yet another standby to accomodate that particular encounter; the last thing we'd rather not see.

Anyway, that doesn't really matter.
We'll have to figure out how to handle your app.
Might take till next Sunday evening till we get it sorted.
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

What taking this so long! Can't recall this imba screening on other (new) ppl in SM, specially if it's a close friend to several members.

Are there ppl (officers) with any doubt about Spakianor? Or his skills/attendance/loyalty/gear/attitude?

Normally i don't post anything at app's, because Fenz rocks on the recruitment job. But this shaman would be a great value for SM, so that's why i post.
Pay no attention to that man behind the Kororo! (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php)
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

sneek wrote:What I meant with raid stacking is that there is one encounter in SSC at least that favors swapping dps for healing, and similar "optimizations" are present in other encounters in other raiding instances.
So on those you'd either see an enhancement shaman donning their (appropriately powerful) healing kit or we get to wheel in yet another standby to accomodate that particular encounter; the last thing we'd rather not see.
I consider that under playing your shaman the right way :)
I always have my healing set with me. Though i passed pretty much all loot in kara to TheBeastro's paladins and shamans. So i just got 3 epix in my healing set. Good blues though.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kororo wrote:What taking this so long! Can't recall this imba screening on other (new) ppl in SM, specially if it's a close friend to several members.

Are there ppl (officers) with any doubt about Spakianor? Or his skills/attendance/loyalty/gear/attitude?

Normally i don't post anything at app's, because Fenz rocks on the recruitment job. But this shaman would be a great value for SM, so that's why i post.
I have some reservations:

Raiding-wise he wouldn't be an asset at the moment. We are not looking for an enhancement shaman. Even if he were to play resto at some point he would want to play his favorite spec (and who can blame him for that).

At the moment we might invite him because he is a friend to some people in the guild but his chances of actally raiding are very small. As Sneek mentioned we have better geared shamans that might want to try enhancement.

Anyway we should have an answer soon.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

Fenz wrote:At the moment we might invite him because he is a friend to some people in the guild but his chances of actally raiding are very small. As Sneek mentioned we have better geared shamans that might want to try enhancement.
I doubt there is one (besides sneek) with better gear to be honest, i've looked at every shaman from SM pretty well on Armory :p

Anyway, if i can't raid at the start, that aint really a problem, since TB never raids anyway :p
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Good to know about your willingness to wait it out when it comes to raiding.

As for the gearing Fenz mentioned - trust us.
Heck, if you mull through this recruitment forum you can probably figure out who.
Most people stick in their PvE getup after they're done with an evening of exhausting raiding.

Most of the screening's done by ingame chat or PMs too, just none of that in this case.
We've had people wait longer for an answer, Kororo.
Much longer. :)

In fact, some silent apps are still waiting as I type this!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We will pass for now since Kororo is making us decide so fast!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.