darkspeller 70 lvl lock

Knock knock who's there?

Moderator: Officer Corps Reps

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

For the record, 13% hit from gear is way over the top with the right spec (you *do* get full Suppression, right?).
No it isn't since at least 40% of your damage still comes from your SB's.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

40% ? Wow, that's quite a lot, didn't know :wink:
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

The questions and can usually be answered either by playing the game very extensively in a raiding environment, reading up in our class threads or studying for a few hours in relevant threads on Elitist Jerks.
Though reading up on EJ's is probably better since our Warlock thread's a bit wordy.

Don't help apps cheat though by answering the questions for 'em! ;)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

sneek wrote:The questions and can usually be answered either by playing the game very extensively in a raiding environment, reading up in our class threads or studying for a few hours in relevant threads on Elitist Jerks.
Though reading up on EJ's is probably better since our Warlock thread's a bit wordy.

Don't help apps cheat though by answering the questions for 'em! ;)
Sorry master :oops:
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Doesn't help it that Fenz' making it really easy now :P
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Unfortuneately it won't. The problem is, the coefficient on Incinerate is only .714 while the coefficient on Shadowbolt is .857. After you reach +700 damage (or somewhere around there, can't remember the exact number), the additional damage that Immolate adds to Incinerate is overriden by Shadowbolt. It's not too hard now to get +1000 all damage. And from what we've seen in the PTR, once you get SSC/TE gear, you'll be running +1200 damage all which is roughly what people are running with specific school now wearing FSW or SF.

In essence, Immolate-Incinerate-Conflagrate (or just Immolate-Incinerate) is a toy build unfortuneately. I, like I'm sure many other Warlocks, had hoped that it would provide a nice option to spamming Shadow spells, but it hasn't...
unfortunately true. :cry:
and at the moment on bosses like kael´thas id like to add that crit/dmg/hit in that order with an 0 21 40(with sacrificed succubus) build was very, very convincing damagewise.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

and at the moment on bosses like kael´thas id like to add that crit/dmg/hit in that order with an 0 21 40(with sacrificed succubus) build was very, very convincing damagewise.
Let me see what I can do after the patch ;)
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

sneek wrote: Though reading up on EJ's is probably better since our Warlock thread's a bit wordy.
Theorycrafting is a myth!
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117