Knock knock who's there?

Moderator: Officer Corps Reps

Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Incredible, warrior application.

Post by Smooglab »

Hey guys!

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Holland (near Haarlem), a 30-second-walk away from my irl friend Smooglab. My ingame name is Incredible and I’m a level 60 warrior, currently in Beyond Oblivion. Some of you have probably seen me around while pvp'ing in your fixed groups and it really has been a lot of fun, for me atleast. :P

Why SM?
The reason I would like to join your guild - is because I would like to have a fresh start with The Burning Crusade coming in a few days. I expect to be leveling to level 70 pretty fast and I would hope to do so by having fun with the new instances (and a bit of questing) and quickly master these instances with people who take the game seriously, have skills and are fun to play with. I do have exams this year but I find most of my schoolwork pretty easy (even though its pretty much the highest level of education available in Holland :>) and barely have to spend time on my homework etc. :P Also the fact that my rl friend Smooglab plays in SM makes it attractive to me.

About my character
You can see my current gear here. As you might notice most of it is suitable for dealing damage and surviving in pvp but my tanking gear isn't extraordinary. This is because in Beyond Oblivion we already had many warriors taking up the major tanking roles so I decided to fill a role mainly as a DPS Warrior. (As I am a very active player in raids I try to give a lot of sustained DPS in raids which shows off in the damage meters). I have no problem staying concentrated the whole raid and I am often among the first to start killing the next mob after the current target has died. I kind of felt left out because I couldn’t join for the fun in BWL, and it also was impossible for me to obtain better tanking gear since there wasn’t enough interest for MC anymore. With all the high-end dungeons about to become history I imagine this lack of raiding experience in these instances doesn't matter much anymore. I consider myself a quick learner and I think I would be a nice asset to the guild. :)

In TBC I will try and become more of a tank, although I am also planning to have fun with pvp'ing at higher levels in the new battlegrounds and obtain some nice damage gear. After I am done with my exams in May I expect there will be a lot of raiding going on as everyone has reached level 70 and has obtained some nice gear and I intend to be a very active player that people can rely on.

Some more info about my character
I have 68 days played time now and over 40k honourable kills. Since the pvp patch I have pvped lots and earned myself 4/6 warlord set, a High Warlord Shield Wall and I'm a few k honor away from a High Warlord’s Quickblade which is the last item I am still aiming for so that at least I have a decent main hand and shield to start with in TBC.

Awaiting your responce while crossing my fingers,
Incredible - Martijn
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Can't say much more than that I'd love to have Incredible in the guild and I truly believe he's an asset to the guild. :)

- Smoog
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Great application but we are good on warriors at the moment. First we would like to see how things work out in BC.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.