Are there any good internetproviders out there?

Chit chat
manstrale
Boss lady

Are there any good internetproviders out there?

Post by manstrale »

Ok, I just moved to a new appartment some weeks ago. It is a comhem-house, so I ordered a box from comhem. I installed it and well it didn't work and a 15 min talk with he support it still didn't work which is not surprising since their questions was hm have you tried rebooting etc, so they didn't tell me anything I hadn't tried at least 10 times allready. After some time they say, ah a technician needs to come to your house. Well only prob is that they can't give me a time instead the technician will come between 8 and 12 and first time is in 10 days... Well I work so not really possible to stay home for 4 hours and wait so I decided to send everything back to them since they obviously don't want customers.

So my question is now, what company doesn't suck? I tried telia some years ago, it sucked, I tried 2 different citynetcompanies which sucked and well my parents have also tried som stuff that also sucked. So are there any internetprovider out there who actually are able to provide the service they sell?

And no I'm not emo at all!
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

I have ComHem as well 100/10, have had it for a year and my internet is better than ever.

Are you sure it's just that it isn't the first time your using it and it should be given an hour or two to config everything ?

Heard that ComHem usually send technicians out cause their phone service cba handling the phones ^^?
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

It had 3 days to config :( but well now it going back to where it belong and I still need a good provider.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

manstrale wrote:It had 3 days to config :( but well now it going back to where it belong and I still need a good provider.
Imo the list is as follows Comhem > Telia > BBB (in my experience) comhem is nice because it does not matter how far away from the station you live because it uses the TV (3 hål i väggen!) and not though the telephone (telia, bbb) so with comhem i had 50/10 now i think they offer faster.

I have had them all, and i had most problems with BBB they had a couple of guys at my place and it never got any better no matter how they "cleaned" the connections it never got better. i switched to Comhem and was very happy it was just plug in and go for me though guess i was not one of the unlucky ones (you :P) so it worked fine for me.

Not sure if it matters witch provider you use though the telephone it depends on how far away from the station is and the quality of your cables for your max speed.
När det gäller adsl skall man tänka på att förbindelsen till telestationen är densamma oavsett adsl-leverantör. Det är väldigt lite som skiljer däremellan, val av utrustning på stationen i den del man själv hyr. Skillnaderna är väl lite på hanteringstider när det väl blir problem och vad de erbjuder för modem.
I have checked around and the list is as follows
1. Fiber / Network cable directly in the wall
2. Comhem
3. Any adsl provider though telephone

I'd recommend checking out witch one is the cheaper one and go with that depending on what speed you want if you hate comhem with a fiery passion.

Check out
http://www.prisjakt.nu/bredband/
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

Thx :) yeah bad luck that comhem didn't work, but bad of them to not be able to send a technician. maybe i should try it again at christmas when I'm not working and are able to be home...

maybe I just get a small stick from tele2 or telenor instead. :roll:
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

I've had BBB through fiber for 4 years now or something. Never had any big trouble, except for when they dug in to the fiber cabel. :P

I want Telia tho for their awesome routing and low pings. But can't get that through fiber. And I surely wont go ADSL.
Gorlom wrote:"personally I think taurens warstomp is more useful then hex."
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

manstrale wrote:Thx :) yeah bad luck that comhem didn't work, but bad of them to not be able to send a technician. maybe i should try it again at christmas when I'm not working and are able to be home...

maybe I just get a small stick from tele2 or telenor instead. :roll:
You can get mobile 3g that you load with cash if you dont download too much they are quite cheap but they stop working when you hit the download limit but you dont need a 24month plan :)
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Schneel wrote:I've had BBB through fiber for 4 years now or something. Never had any big trouble, except for when they dug in to the fiber cabel. :P

I want Telia tho for their awesome routing and low pings. But can't get that through fiber. And I surely wont go ADSL.
I got Bredband2 fiber and im verry happy with it!
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

Fiber is teh shit! My ISP is a small and not very well known company which is set up as a deal through my bostadsrättsförening (some swenglish here), but I'm very pleased with it so far. Super fast and very stable http://www.speedtest.net/result/2427095611.png

If you have the option to go with fiber, it's a no-brainer. If not, you are probably best off with ComHem and hope for them to send a technician your way to help you out.

When it comes to 3G solutions, as far as I know, Telenor (which is a shit company in all aspects) are the only viable option if intended for gaming since they are the only company that do not have a threshold for how much data you can download without having the speed lowered. I've occasionally done some gaming from my Telenor stick I got, and for MMO:s it works decently. Pings at around 120 ish, which is not that noticable aside from doing PvP. Biggest bummer with 3G is the upstream speed though, so you are kinda out of the equation of hosting anything more requiring than Skype calls.
"Dont try to argue with idiots. They will only dumb it down to their level and beat you with experience."