Dragon Age 2 - Comments?

Chit chat
flame
El Complicatore

Dragon Age 2 - Comments?

Post by flame »

Been playing it a bit.
Disappointed with the gear streamlining for the party members. The UI is horrible :P Mainly because I cant see the targeted mob. It works tho in general.
It has definately been changed slightly to be smoother on consoles.
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

pc version is superior, imo

I have no problem with the ui. The targeted mob have an arrow above their head, as well as an attack symbol
to the left of their hp bar and if you look closely, you get an additional circle on the ground around your target.

As for the game itself, is nice. Its fun, graphics is good, sound is great.
It goes faster than the first game, leveling, quests and dungeons.

In Origins, I got tierd of the game after finishing it 1-2 times. This is not the case in dragon age 2.
Im at my second ending and I already got plans of creating at least 1 or 2 more characters.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Karura wrote:pc version is superior, imo

I have no problem with the ui. The targeted mob have an arrow above their head, as well as an attack symbol
to the left of their hp bar and if you look closely, you get an additional circle on the ground around your target.

As for the game itself, is nice. Its fun, graphics is good, sound is great.
It goes faster than the first game, leveling, quests and dungeons.

In Origins, I got tierd of the game after finishing it 1-2 times. This is not the case in dragon age 2.
Im at my second ending and I already got plans of creating at least 1 or 2 more characters.
I wanted a bar with debuffs on the mobs!
I am playing solely on nightmare mode as the rest is just too easy. Some of the class tree skills are rubbish from what I have tried. Especially the mage companions specialities.
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

ALLA SPEL ÄR INTE SOM WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

its too short .. last boss battle was more fun than the one in DA1 tho
you spend way too much time in the same boring city
the pirate chick is hawt and we're lesbians woowoo
you cant give armor to companions, making 90% of the stuff you find useless. Which sucks.
I had to fight a boss without a healer because the game wasnt totally thought out there (unless your main char is a healer ofc)
its obviously setting itself up for an expansion
white enemies die a lot faster, which is nice (bit diablo-esque fighting)

All in all, enjoyable, but part 1 was better I think .. more freedom.
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

sudo wrote:its too short .. last boss battle was more fun than the one in DA1 tho
you spend way too much time in the same boring city
the pirate chick is hawt and we're lesbians woowoo
you cant give armor to companions, making 90% of the stuff you find useless. Which sucks.
I had to fight a boss without a healer because the game wasnt totally thought out there (unless your main char is a healer ofc)
its obviously setting itself up for an expansion
white enemies die a lot faster, which is nice (bit diablo-esque fighting)

All in all, enjoyable, but part 1 was better I think .. more freedom.
Definately not short if you want to do it all :P Found quests from the most ridiculous things. Some are just not advertised at all.
The dialogue is fun as fcuk, especially when the pirate and the dwarf talk about holding big things which turns out to be knifes... :|
I agree with the equipment. By far the hardest thing to deal with. I think it was supposed to be less overhead on micromanagent.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

yea. the scarface parody scene is also awesome :)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

sudo wrote: you cant give armor to companions
you can upgrade them 4 times, at least!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Overall, I like it better then DA:O.
Silent protagonist in a fully voiced game was just too jarring.
Also DA2 has a nice bit of humor in it which is quite a change from DA:O's darkness, although that might just be Varric's narration of it all.

Cannot fathom how someone can play this game in Nightmare without cheesing the AI to be honest :P
Having a lot of trouble with a few encounters on Hard and that's with blowing all the CCs once they're off cooldown, focus firing, balanced party makeup for cross class combos as well as having a dedicated and specced tank to grab and hold threat as well as liberal consumable abuse!
Thinking it's easier if you stack DPS, preferably mages!

Copy/paste surroundings I disliked; it was a bad flashback to NWN. There's a reason for that though!

"Unlike other titles from Bioware, this [score] was kind of a rush job. EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be release now."
Comments from the composer of the DA2 soundtrack in an interview he had a while back. My emphasis.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

Karura wrote:
sudo wrote: you cant give armor to companions
you can upgrade them 4 times, at least!
Yea but Im finding tons of leather/cloth on my tank char, which is useless, since it's all restricted to me :-/

and @sneek, yea they did re-use the same caves etc a lot .. made me think of Daoc a lot actually :P It's obvious that they're setting this game up for 1 or more sequals .. so much plot that hasnt been covered yet (morrigan was mentioned what, once?)
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

sneek wrote:Overall, I like it better then DA:O.
Silent protagonist in a fully voiced game was just too jarring.
Also DA2 has a nice bit of humor in it which is quite a change from DA:O's darkness, although that might just be Varric's narration of it all.

Cannot fathom how someone can play this game in Nightmare without cheesing the AI to be honest :P
Having a lot of trouble with a few encounters on Hard and that's with blowing all the CCs once they're off cooldown, focus firing, balanced party makeup for cross class combos as well as having a dedicated and specced tank to grab and hold threat as well as liberal consumable abuse!
Thinking it's easier if you stack DPS, preferably mages!

Copy/paste surroundings I disliked; it was a bad flashback to NWN. There's a reason for that though!

"Unlike other titles from Bioware, this [score] was kind of a rush job. EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be release now."
Comments from the composer of the DA2 soundtrack in an interview he had a while back. My emphasis.
Nightmare´s only problem really is dmg to party members, which is fine and challenging but it renders some of the skills useless. The walking bomb springs to mind. Amazing skill, but impossible when you stack people around the tank and then the bomb kills him :P Its not pheasible to have him running around that much for full impact.
The blood mage skill trees are subpar compared with some other amazing ones, hard to choose them.
I agree with the recycled bkgrnds , I like the fact they put a fcuked up cart in front of "usual" cavern entrances.
The dialogue is great with great replay value, just switch characters and walk on the chat trigger points. "Why not make a "DONT" poster and hit them with it instead?" :P

And ofc the SCOTTISH dalish!!
Hina
General
General

Post by Hina »

I'm enjoying it, but not as much as DA:1.
Am at the high dragon now but failed miserably at killing him, and i do think stacking mages would be awesome, to bad I'm a dps warrior.
Hate that you always need to have a dedicated lock picker, that has all points in cunning till 40. Though I like what she is wearing ;)
Game: Planetside 2
Server: Miller
Name: Hina
Guild: XSGamers (Smurf Assault Squad)
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

myea lockpicking isnt that great, havent really found anything amazing in chests. But cunning is good for melee rogue anyway so no biggie.

high dragon in bone put, or deep roads? deep roads one is nasty
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

I think he means the one in bone pit. that particularly fight is a pain in the ass as melee.
however, if you keep varric alive during the whole fight, then he's going down, slow but effectively.
Hina
General
General

Post by Hina »

bone pit yeah.
Should i be any specific lvl before trying to kill the dragon?
Game: Planetside 2
Server: Miller
Name: Hina
Guild: XSGamers (Smurf Assault Squad)