Class balance 13-10

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Class balance 13-10

Post by Fenz »

Rather than try and address multiple threads, I'm just going to plop our current thoughts in this one post. Please excuse the brevity.

1) We think Fury, Arms, Feral cat and Retribution dps is too low and we will be buffing them.

2) We think mage dps is too high, especially Fire, and will be nerfing it.

3) We think Shadow priest dps is too high, but that's largely a result of Shadow Word: Death spam, which is tough on healers. We'll be fixing that.

4) We think Destro warlock dps is too high, but that's largely a result of Searing Pain spam, which is tough on tanks. We'll be fixing that.

5) As we suspected, PvP dps is just too high given that the health pools of Cataclysm haven't kicked in yet. While competitive PvP is over for the moment, we still want the environment to feel better so we will be buffing resilience. This change might be reverted at level 85.

There will probably be more changes after another night of raiding and BGs. Many of the bug fixes we have made today will affect dps as well. Stay tuned.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

this seems right, a few wws reports from ICC yielded a dps diffrence of sometimes up too 10k-15k
Hina
General
General

Post by Hina »

Ugh, i must have been doing something wrong while specced as fire, i did crap dps :P

arcane on the other hand rocks, so if they dont nerf that im happy :P
Game: Planetside 2
Server: Miller
Name: Hina
Guild: XSGamers (Smurf Assault Squad)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We made many changes yesterday. A lot of these were bug fixes, and many bug fixes will affect damage one way or the other. So just because you don't see a specific change referenced below, doesn't mean it didn't change.

With that said, here are the specific changes we made in reference to my previous post:

1) We buffed the base points and coefficients of many warrior dps abilities. We didn't do as much to tanking abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Ret abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Feral cat abilities.

2) We lowered the base points and coefficients of many mage abilities, but lowered Fire more than the other two.

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

4) We returned Searing Pain's damage to its 3.3.5 levels.

5) We increased the benefit of resilience by 50% for players level 80 and below. The tooltips will probably not reflect this change.

We don't have any other changes to announce at this time. I am reluctant to mention additional classes or specs that we are looking at currently for fear of instilling excitement or panic.

Shadow Priests – we lowered the damage of Shadow Word: Death, except when the target is at the 20% wounded state, at which point it will do full damage. We also fixed a bug where the energize from Masochism was causing too much threat. (This is just a clarification on the above note -- we have not nerfed it twice.)

Balance Druids – we lowered the base points and coefficients of several Balance spells, especially Insect Swarm.

Affliction Warlocks – we lowered the damage of Drain Soul slightly
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Are they gonna nerf elemental shaman? Since I do like 4k dps with my 76 elemental shaman with mostly healing gear (mp5 and stuff).
Inncubus
Minister of Greek affairs

Post by Inncubus »

Dosan wrote:Are they gonna nerf elemental shaman? Since I do like 4k dps with my 76 elemental shaman with mostly healing gear (mp5 and stuff).
Mp5 those days is spirit!
Ye they gonna nerf and elemen. Also fire mage is insane dps.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

from warrior point of view, after hotfix we will still be last on dps but we are on our way up atleast :)