Hmm daily bg anyone

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Hmm daily bg anyone

Post by Fenz »

As we discussed in our previous announcement (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4401796793), we're refining the currency systems used for purchasing PvE and PvP items in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, and the transition to this new system will take place in two stages. Today, we're going into more detail on how these changes will be rolled out, so if you haven't yet, make sure to check out the prior article to get up to speed on the currency names.

One change of note since that original announcement is that we've changed the name of the low-tier PvE currency from Hero Points to Justice Points. The original announcement post has been updated to reflect this.

Out With the Old

In the upcoming 4.0 patch we'll begin the first stage of the conversion to the new currencies. Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost will be converted into Justice Points. For this initial conversion there will be a soft cap of points you can have, with a hard cap enforced later as detailed below. All PvE emblems and badges below Frost and Triumph will be converted into gold. This even includes legacy badges, like Badges of Justice. If any of these older currencies are converted into gold, the player will receive it through an in-game letter.

At this time any bosses a player defeats that are level-appropriate to them (and previously awarded badges or emblems upon defeat) will award them with the new Justice Points. Similarly, any items that previously cost emblems or badges of any type will now cost Justice Points instead.

On the PvP side, Season 8 will end with the release of patch 4.0, and all Arena Points, Honor Points, any leftover Battleground Marks of Honor, Stone Keeper's Shards, Venture Coins, and Spirit Shards will be converted into the new Honor Points. The new Honor Point pool will also have a soft cap for these conversions, but a hard cap will be enforced later. At the time of conversion, items that previously cost Honor or Arena Points will be sold in exchange for the new Honor Points. Rated Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds won't be available again until Season 9 (shortly after the release of Cataclysm), when they can be entered to win the higher-tier PvP Conquest Points.

In addition, purchasing any item with these secondary currencies (Honor Points and Justice Points) will now require that the purchaser meet the item's minimum level requirement.

It's important to note that these conversions are not 1:1, but are indicative of the level and relative worth of each before the conversion to the new point systems. For example, Stone Keeper's Shards will convert into more Honor Points than Spirit Shards.

Tip of the Cap

While we previously announced that there's a limit to the amount of these new currencies you can stockpile, we're providing a grace period in the form of a soft cap. This soft cap will allow the initial conversion to push the amount owned over the cap, but will not allow any further points to be earned (or returned through item refunds) until enough points are spent to put you below the hard cap.

For instance, a player has 3000 Emblems of Triumph, and 1200 Emblems of Frost; at the time of conversion they'll be given 4200 Justice Points. The hard cap for Justice Points is 4000, so that player won't be able to earn any more Justice Points until he or she spends enough points to reduce the total to under 4000. This also applies to the new PvP Honor Points, which also have a cap of 4000.

Shortly before Cataclysm is released, another patch will enforce the hard cap, marking the second stage of the currency conversion. Any Justice or Honor Points above the hard cap will be converted to gold, and just like in the first stage of the conversion, the player will receive an in-game letter explaining that some of their currencies were converted into gold as well as delivering the gold itself.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Hmm daily bg anyone

Post by Lateralus »

Maara saw me reading this and then she recognized you and .. she said hi =)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

/wave @ Maara 8)
Cribby
Champion
Champion

Post by Cribby »

Should start to get drilled for BGs anyway!

I take it at least more people than just me are thrilled by the upcoming PvP changes (if they work out as intended ofcourse)

Curious to see if a stable 10man+ group can be formed for rated BGs. Seeing the struggle it gives to make a 5man arena team already :P

But then again, never had any problems with our team when I was ranking up my lock in Vanilla.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

think more people wil be interested in bg than arena
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Cribby wrote:Should start to get drilled for BGs anyway!

I take it at least more people than just me are thrilled by the upcoming PvP changes (if they work out as intended ofcourse)

Curious to see if a stable 10man+ group can be formed for rated BGs. Seeing the struggle it gives to make a 5man arena team already :P

But then again, never had any problems with our team when I was ranking up my lock in Vanilla.
Describe to me what is changing to PvP to make it awesome again!
I are to lazy to search for it myself.
Cribby
Champion
Champion

Post by Cribby »

Basically the days of BGs as a meaning to achieve some minor PvP gear by running solo in a random Battlegroup accompanied by 9+ totally clueless random tards, are over.

In Cataclysm you can get the best available PvP gear both in arena and rated BGs, so I hope for a revival of the best era ever in the history of World of Warcraft, the premade battlegrounds.

So I wouldn't mind doing some BGs again to get back into shape again to counter a good resto druid kiting flag over midfield or escaping a slow trap filled flagroom camped by a 9 man defence.

BRING IT ON!!!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Come get some!
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

I would join you, I heard somewhere that prot warriors are kinda fun in PvP.
Cribby
Champion
Champion

Post by Cribby »

Yea the next best thing in Blizzard's never ending chronicles of balancing are called prot warriors in dps gear that stunlock you to dead faster and better then 2 rogues could ever do. :)
vomitile
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by vomitile »

count me in !
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

prot is awesome!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

really hope this bg thing works as well, bgs are very fun. only thing i didnt like about them is that 99% of the people in there go just for points and dont even try to win :p
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

They don't know how to win so killing random stuff is the only thing they are good at.
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

there is a calculator for all the conversions on MMO today
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin