Battlefield Bad Company 2

Chit chat
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

GAH one more stupid hour of maintenance!
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Repairing Helicopter in Mid-Flight

Most engineers don’t realize you can repair a helicopter in mid-flight, as long as the copter has a passenger slot, like the Blackhawk. Repairs can only be performed from a passenger slot, not from a gunner or pilot seat.

Now, repairing a copter is not the same as repairing a tank. With a tank, you can pretty much look at any part of tank and begin repairs. Not so with a helicopter. You basically have to hunt for the sweet spot and it tends to move around, making copter repair challenging, which it should be. Just keep activating your repair tool while scanning the inside of the copter until you see it take effect. Once you have located the sweet spot, you can continue repairing until the copter is fixed.

Switch from Gunner to Passenger: If you’re playing the Engineer class and you happen to be manning the Blackhawk chaingun, you can quickly switch to the passenger seat and perform some quick repairs. When complete, return to the chaingun and go about your day. By doing this, you keep the copter is great condition, extending its flight time and prolonging the agony of the opposition.
OMG did not know that!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Asharak wrote:
Repairing Helicopter in Mid-Flight

Most engineers don’t realize you can repair a helicopter in mid-flight, as long as the copter has a passenger slot, like the Blackhawk. Repairs can only be performed from a passenger slot, not from a gunner or pilot seat.

Now, repairing a copter is not the same as repairing a tank. With a tank, you can pretty much look at any part of tank and begin repairs. Not so with a helicopter. You basically have to hunt for the sweet spot and it tends to move around, making copter repair challenging, which it should be. Just keep activating your repair tool while scanning the inside of the copter until you see it take effect. Once you have located the sweet spot, you can continue repairing until the copter is fixed.

Switch from Gunner to Passenger: If you’re playing the Engineer class and you happen to be manning the Blackhawk chaingun, you can quickly switch to the passenger seat and perform some quick repairs. When complete, return to the chaingun and go about your day. By doing this, you keep the copter is great condition, extending its flight time and prolonging the agony of the opposition.
OMG did not know that!
Yeah same here.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Changelog for 522174

Quote:
Single Player -
Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river�)
Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers� when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
Fixed: “Flickering� ship on Arica Harbor
Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0� on the Select Spawn Point screen
Fixed: Display issue on long server names
Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
Fixed: No “Exit Game� menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box� on Laguna Presa
Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station� – now displays correct localized text.
Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing�
Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing�)
Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing�)
Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

o.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_gksoQ37Pk
The building has a ladder resting against the wall. When this ladder is broken, the buidling collapses. Basicly this means one noobtube, one CG , one grenade or even a knife can destroy A.
Inncubus
Minister of Greek affairs

Post by Inncubus »

Lol fenz what is this. Knife ftw ?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Oh, the joy of being in a team like this.

Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

haha omg, you took that pic ?
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

Pardon me for not playing the game but why is that picture fun? are they on the oposite team as the one that took the screenshot?
Are they lined up for easy snipering? will they die due to friendly fire?
Will a well placed rocket wipe the whole team out?
Are they facing the wrong way?

Edit:
wait ... are all of them snipers? uh... why are they moving in a grp like that?
Untill anyone tells me differently im going to assume that's it.
(how large is a team in that game?)
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Don't play the game also but when everyone on your team is a sniper except you it's usually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTifdoKXoxM
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

In this gametype (rush) you need to blow up enemy m-com stations and you often can't do that from a distance (sometimes you can collapse the house were the m-com is in). So if almost everybody snipes you usually never win. I didn't make the ss btw.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Nice to see PB actually bans ppl! http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

hehe. funny thing is when u end up like the guy taking the screenshot but in the opposing team.
its like clubbing moles in a row.... :p
knifekill +6
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Meek wrote:hehe. funny thing is when u end up like the guy taking the screenshot but in the opposing team.
its like clubbing moles in a row.... :p
knifekill +6
haha yeah, i knifed 4 the other day, they are very helpful by standing in a neat row! and they dont seem to care when they hear a scream from killing their mates :P
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

If you want the M1 garand, (the veteran bonus), you can get it easy if you sign up for http://www.battlefieldheroes.com on the same account you use to play BC2 with, and you get the M1 rifle! ppl say you have to play a game to get it, i did wtfpwn 2 games and i got my veteran status!