It's movie time!

Chit chat
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

It's movie time!

Post by Versus »

Just bought a new 46" hd led tv after my old crt began dieying(had to hit it every 15 min or so for it not to give a green picture after 12 years :P)

Been busy calibrating and stuff found a danish site with a review and some calibrated settings for the same type just want to confirm some google translations if anyone wants to check

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 012&anno=2

(can select the english/original text top right)

It's just for the text quoted below i assume Danish word Fra here means off?(google translated it to "from")
Also
Movie Set Filmindstilling Auto Auto
I dont have an auto setting for film mode just the options "advanced high" "advanced low" "normal" and "off"
Guess normal is best here?

Measurements after calibration at LE705. Målingerne efter kalibrering på LE705.

After calibration Efter kalibrering
OPC: OPC: From Fra
Backlights Baglys -8 -8
Brightness Lysstyrke 0 0
Color: Farve: 0 0
Tone: Tone: 0 0
Sharpness Skarphed 0 0
Color Temp. Farvetemp. Low Lav
Active Contrast Aktiv kontrast From Fra
Movie Set Filmindstilling Auto Auto
DNR DNR From Fra
100 Hz 100 Hz On / Off Til/Fra
RGB RGB
• R hamstring (LO): • R forstrækning(LO): -1 -1
• G amplification (LO): • G forstærkning(LO): +2 +2
• B amplification (LO): • B forstærkning(LO): -6 -6
• R amplitude (H): • R forstærkning(H): -6 -6
• G amplification (H): • G forstærkning(H): +8 +8
• B enhancement (H): • B forstærkning(H): -15 -15

Just recorded iron man and tropic thunder from my hdtv movie channel looks pretty nice, tv only uses 60 wattt too at these settings.
Now going to hook up my old z5000 logitech surround system and popcornhour c200 8)
Last edited by Versus on 24 Apr 2010, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gonna buy that Popcorn thing soonish, where did buy yours?
Last edited by Fenz on 17 Jan 2010, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Fenz wrote:Gonna buy that Popcorn rhing soonish, where did buy yours?
popcorn hour is very nice, or if you have an old computer lying around you can use http://xbmc.org/
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/St ... ng+Clients

Only because the store is close to me really
also added a blueray drive which you can install in the c200

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Bl ... -ray+Combo

That one is most compatible according to
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/ ... ray_drives

Actually need to get a blueray disc first now to test :P
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

this one rocks. also they have or had a nice price on it to get in the competition with popcorn and tvix

http://www.xtreamer.nu/?gclid=CJ_us-fCq ... 3godB0De1A

i bought one and im more then happy with it, plays almost everything.

oh btw, stay a long away from windows mediacenter streamers!
i got a linksys to run with windows mediacenter and boy it sux ass.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

• R hamstring (LO): • R forstrækning(LO): -1 -1
• G amplification (LO): • G forstærkning(LO): +2 +2
I suspect a typo here.... "hamstring"?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Finally got time to setup my popcornhour after finding out the harddisck supplied was a 3,5 inch that wont't fit together with a blueray had to get another 2,5 inch hd :P. oh well more storage space for my pc too then.

Had to lay another utp cable from my adsl modem to it. Pumping over 30 gb off mp3 from my pc to the popcornhour now by ftp and downloading at the same time with the newsgroup application on it some divx test vid. Pretty nice you can controll the pch200 easily with webinterfaces and ftp clients from your own pc. Loads of custom users apps built for it too available for download.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Well hope the new download/acta rules keep everyone safe from downloading the internetz for the next few years for now . 8)

Expanded my c200 popcornhour with an usb hub and atm 2x2Terrabytes external usb drives. Can expand with more data storage virtually unlimited this way cheapest way too that i can see against other nas/ndas storage devices.

Just buying more wd 2tb drives whenever i need more room comes out only to about 2 euro per full iso blueray 1on1 movie copy with no encoding on it for best quality(30gb or so average usually). Hurray for usenet. At current harddisc prices that is the cost might come down even further when drives become more cheaper.

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Ha ... 3%2C5+inch

Only keep the good movies stored though. Lotr blueray series just came out for instance can really see the difference here between no encoded 1on1 blueray copy or x264/divx versions and further down here imo.
This way also you dont even have to mess with harddisc/blueray disc swapping but you get everything at the touch of a button available. Har har im a dirty pirate matey!

Last edited by Versus on 04 Apr 2010, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Is the new firmout yet with the new ui? Or was that out already on the C version?
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

No that's in beta still don't really care much for that myself just some fancy graphics for the few actions you do with the thing imo. With an updated newsgroup application (nzbget) installed from the csi(community software installer) it's near perfect automated anyway here for downloading. You just upload from an webinterface an nzb from your preffered spotter place(and then binsearch or yabsearch or something) and it downloads/verifies/repairs when needed/extracts/cleanups deleted rars afterwards. With that csi installer you can install lots of custom ui's i think too though havent bothered with it/lots of other programs too for it. Installed and running then with the click of a button.
http://www.nmtinstaller.com/

So the only action these days i do is upload nzb to download movies and select the directory on the c200 with remote to watch them after its done processing :P

Only downside so faris if it has to repair like a 30gb file with over 10% broken files it takes forever on the c200 like near 4 full days compared to around 3 hours on my pc i just hookup a usb drive directly to my pc then to repair.
Only happens rarely that that happens though its faster when it doesnt need to repair that much and it usually extracts right away without repair too.

Also the c200 is virtally silent(no fans) and only uses up around 10 watts in standby mode where it only turns off the video output and it still downloads etc all applications can be active only around 20 watt peakuse in full use too :P.
Adds up when its nearly on all the time compared to my pc doing it around 300 watt i think it uses and no noise si only sound is from the internal harddisc you put in.(i can't hear mine)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

image from the download app(maxes out my 10mbit adsl line). Still internet and other stuff is plenty fast when it's busy though think my adsl router gives auto priority to my pc when its needed.

Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Been using a Synology NAS with 2x 1TB drives to stream stuff to my Xbox 360 for a while now - does the job amazingly well :) If i wasn't so lazy i'd hook up my softmodded first Xbox to the tv again so i could run XBMC on it but mjeh ... just lazy

Interface is very sexy to boot !
http://denvb.eu/nas.jpg
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Avatar various cracked blueray/rips out leeching now. Latests blueray(bd+) protection took less then 48 hours to crack too bad for people actually buying the blueray in the shops if they have an older blueray player which cant be updated it wont play cause of the new protection :P.

Life is good as a dirty scumbag pirate!
Also event horizon/dirty harry/xmen/weweresoldiers leeched for the weekend :P

Even old movies look so much better in highbitrate 1080p blueray it amazes me every time on most of them. Depends on the original master source ofcourse though but even old analog transferred masters have a much higher resolution then dvd etc cause of the native higher resolution of film.