Next patch, 1.9, is getting closer to Testing.

Chit chat
sneek
The Punisher

Next patch, 1.9, is getting closer to Testing.

Post by sneek »

Check out this thread in the Raids and Dungeons US forum, by Tigole.

Highlights:
- Ahn'Qiraj design nearly completed and in heavy internal testing.
- Tier 2 set items were begin relooked and is being wrapped up. There might be some changes in stats (or set bonii).
- Public Test Realm will be up in the "coming weeks".

Ok. Fine. We'll see how horrendous Paladins will become with "control over their dps" in 1.9...
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

they have said that with an increase in dps their survivability will go down aswell if that means less time on bubble or longer cooldown or higher manacosts or what remains to be seen
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Kiteshavara
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Kiteshavara »

Well every class that has been "fixed" are so imba now and i don't think paladins will be an exception.
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

Imo better to make all classes to good then to bad :P
shamans and rogues will be fixaed last, but im not worried, we are too good players to be bothered by that! pwnage ftw!
Welcome to Rivendale Mr. Anderson
Flintsmisk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flintsmisk »

Shataz wrote:Imo better to make all classes to good then to bad :P
I dont really agree, soon people will go around 1shotting other people :(
Eienne
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Eienne »

From Dark age of Camelot I can sure as hell tell you that I'd rather have ALL classes underpowered then overpowered...

Yes I'm an honor whore!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Eienne did you play a berserker first and then a Sorcerer?! ;)

Cabalist/Scout/Wizard/Necro/Runemaster myself (+ some non L50 chars) Only the Cab made it to ML10)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

All I know is that it is far more fun, and more challenging, for your enemy to be able to kill you only in 20 seconds rather than 2 seconds, so yeah, I would prefer underpowered to overpowered.

As for pallies, if they're going to get a buff for PvP, then sure as hell either shamans should get PvE buffs or Pallies themselves should be cut in half in PvE.
Eienne
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Eienne »

Not quite Fenz, I played a Spiritmaster while tanks ruled and rerolled Blademaster when casters ruled :D

Yes I'm an honor whore!
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

I played a Paladin in DAoC :/ Yes even before they had endurance chant etc :(
Mol Qaeda - The Terrorist Troll
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

mol has this cunning plan to stay level 49 forever, so he could always tell who the 50's were!

oh and I played an armsman, if you want to discuss gimp classes -_-

mentalist was <3 tho. overpowered as hell, but fun :]
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
sneek
The Punisher

Paladin revisions soon available!

Post by sneek »

Praise be to the Light! Hallalujah!

A holy tincan update thread in US general forum concerning 1.9.
Only a small part has been revealed, check below. More info coming in days to come.
- The range on 'Judgment' will be increased. In addition, both the cooldown and mana cost will be lowered.
- Both Exorcism and Holy Wrath will be usable on Demon targets in addition to Undead targets.
- The mana cost will be reduced for both the summoned Warhorse and Charger.
- The missile speed of the flying hammer for the spell 'Hammer of Wrath' will be increased.

- We're also adding raid versions for five of the Paladin's blessings. These new raid version blessings will last for fifteen minutes, and allow the Paladin the means to buff every player of a given class in the raid by selecting only one. These blessings will be available at your class trainer and the only prerequisite is the final rank (talent point where applicable) of the Blessing.
- Blessing of Sanctuary, Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Salvation.
The spell "Judgement" is currently 5yd range (melee) and 15s cooldown at 11% base mana use. This one will get better in 1.9.
The spell "Stormstrike" (shaman, 31 tier enhancement) is currently 5yd range (melee) and 25s cooldown at 30% base mana use.

Oh and that Judge Dredd armor look that tier 2 paladin armor gets?
-It's 8 set bonus is ~125 Holy Damage inflicted with every judgement. That's 8.3 dps right now, today, going full out dps and judging when the cooldown's done. Equivalent damage to 58+ str for warriors. Cooldown and mana reduction on Judgement is Blizzards way of telling the paladins to learn to play their class. Tier2 8-set Judgement dps will go up, even more.

Well, looks like Paladins won't need to go to the AH or do Scholo, Strat or UBRS ad infinitum to get books to learn these skills.

Nice eh?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

The mana cost will be reduced for both the summoned Warhorse and Charger.
Need!
Jump in!