Best books (right now and forever!)

Chit chat
manstrale
Boss lady

Best books (right now and forever!)

Post by manstrale »

We have threads for music and TVseries, but not for books! Not sure if there are anyone else than me and lill who are deep into the bookreading thing, but I make it a try.

I only say Butchers The Dresden files, read and enjoy! I mean who doesn't love when a vampire are killed by a frozen turkey falling out from a airplane and hitting it in the head?
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

I read more or less only fantasy.

Robert Jordan was the KING! and Brandon Sanderson (wiki) is doing a good job of completing his work!
Robert Jordan has also written Conan the Barbarian! O.o

Brandon has also written a Trilogy named Mistborn witch i have read many good things about, his books are next on my list to read.

Raymond E Feist is also awesome, have read all his books and i recommend them to everyone! :)

The new writer Patrick Rothfuss (wiki) book Name of the Wind has gotten some nice awards for his first book witch is a good read, I think his second book is also out, It saw delayed probably because hit first book got some writes awards and i bet he got cold feet and want to polish on the second one :)
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

Read them all, Name of the wind was really good, I asked about part 2 last time I went tot eh science fiction bookshop, but they said late 2010 :(

Try Georg RR Martin, he is very good! I been waiting for book 5 for 3 years now tho so that sucks bigtime. I try to not read series that are not completed since it sucks waiting and then the author dies or something...
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I used to read a lot but lost my patience for it. Read Kissing in Manhattan for some nice stort telling:

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/24schickler.html
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

manstrale wrote:Read them all, Name of the wind was really good, I asked about part 2 last time I went tot eh science fiction bookshop, but they said late 2010 :(

Try Georg RR Martin, he is very good! I been waiting for book 5 for 3 years now tho so that sucks bigtime. I try to not read series that are not completed since it sucks waiting and then the author dies or something...
Youve read mistborn trilogy?, was it any good ?

yeah i got the first book of Georg RR Martin but something is blocking me from reading that one, maby im just too impatient to read so i get into it, i have started to read once, but i lost it a bit in the book

ooh just remembered Brent Weeks (wiki) hes written The Night Angel trilogy witch is about an assassin that are really nice!
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD