Chit chat
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Be advised.. phishers in your mailbox

Post by Kingeling »

Got one today, actually had me in doubt for a second:
Greetings

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:
WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account ... icate.html

Only Account Administration Team will be able to assist you with account retrieval issues.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Regards,

Qwaffolem

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/
Authenticate page resolves to http://battlenet.justfree.com/nulogin/ which is offcourse not valid.

Cya!

Bedorven / Tamir / Djawa / Zwelgje
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

got one of those ages ago. but they directly asked that i proveided information including my account passowrord.

i sent back a message telling them if they wanted to verify that im the original owner they could call me since they had my phonenumber.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

How does this work, did you correct the URL when pasting the mail in here, or..?
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I copy pasted it into my browserwindow which makes it plain text. The forum engine on it's turn recognizes a URL and there you have a legitimate URL :)

Bedorven / Tamir / Djawa / Zwelgje
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

What I meant was is that URL seems legit to me.
Where/how's the phishing going on?
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

when he pasted it in the forum its not the hidden url at the bottom of his post wich the email link sends you to in the mail the link is embedded and that doesnt carry over to the forum

did that make any sense to you sneek?
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind