Armor Penetration Nerf in 3.2.2

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Armor Penetration Nerf in 3.2.2

Post by Fenz »

The nerf to armor pen in 3.2.2 is intentional. Compared to the recent buff where we increased the value of armor rating to 125%, this nerf would take it back down to 110%. While we are still evaluating the effects of this change in the 3.2.2 build, we did want to let you know of the possibility in case you were about to spend a lot on armor pen gems.

In fact, this was really the point. Several melee specs (and Marksman hunters) had begun to focus on armor pen at the expense of all other stats. Gear without armor pen was being passed over and gem sockets were increasingly being filled with just this one stat. While every spec has stats that are more valuable than others, this one felt like it was starting to trump everything. Not coincidentally, characters stacking lots of armor pen were starting to do more damage than their peers and more damage than we were comfortable with.

This change is largely for PvE reasons, though we won't cry at all if melee damage in PvP drops a little as a result.

We're letting you know now so that this doesn't feel like a stealth nerf, assuming it goes live. While you might disagree or be frustrated by the change (though I also suspect it won't come as a surprise to many players), we ask that you try and keep your response to something appropriate for these forums.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Finally!
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Graav
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Graav »

ok so no haste for dr00ds and now they nerf armor pen... the only decent stat we had... gg
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

They're not nerfing it that much so if it was top notch for you now it'll probably be very good for you after the nerf aswell.

Besides, unless you can show us some numbers that actually support your whining you're just whinining for the sake of it.
Graav
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Graav »

What numbers you need? haste rating on a 1sec attack... nuff said tbh :D Will be good when they change it in the expansion to also increase energy regen
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Graav wrote:What numbers you need? haste rating on a 1sec attack... nuff said tbh :D
Certainly not, 20% increase on a 1s attack is still 20% more damage from auto attacking.

However, this wasn't about haste, it's about armor penetration and I don't think you actually know if it's a huge nerf that will push feral druids down to the bottom of the DPS lists or if it's a slight tuning that may reduce your total DPS by a few percent.
Graav
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Graav »

off course it's not gonna be a big nerf, it's just 125%->110% on 1 stat :) But I'd rather see em nerf crit rating ;)
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

i havent felt the nerf yet, but last night in 10 man cc i a loss of 300-500 dps pre nerf and that is not that bad imo, its gonna be intresting too see in the 25 man how it feels since i have stacked ArP like a mad cow (70%), but still the value point for point ArP beats STR after the softcap and for me haste will be an rage issue if dont start getting some soon so graav all leather is MINE!! :)
Graav
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Graav »

puh you can have it ! :D