4 lockouts in Crusader's Coliseum

Chit chat
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

4 lockouts in Crusader's Coliseum

Post by Raniz »

If anyone have missed it there is going to be 4 separate lockouts for Crusader's Coliseum (the next raid instance). One for each difficulty; 10man normal, 10man hard, 25man normal and 25man hard.
Zarhym wrote:Firstly, the Crusaders' Coliseum is quite a bit different from Ulduar. Beyond that though, we want raiders to have more options for approaching content. Sometimes it can be a bit daunting to decide as a group, "do we want to try these hard modes and risk a long night of little progress, or just push through on normal mode?" Whatever choice you make pretty much decides your progression for the week.

Now, you can take a night and go through 10 or 25-player versions of the Crusaders' Coliseum without worrying about having to decide whether or not to attempt the hard mode on a particular boss. Instead a separate 10 or 25-player raid can be scheduled where the sole focus can be on Heroic mode.

Before the raid even begins you can choose your difficulty, and choosing one difficulty won't mean you're shut out from attempting the alternative difficulty that same week, just as 10 and 25-player modes have been on separate lock-outs in Naxxramas and Ulduar.
I really like this, I wonder if they're going to use it for future raids aswell.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

tbh, as much as I liked Blizzard's changes lately, I don't like this one... too much recycling of the same content, just to get ppl to spend time. 2 Lockouts per instance should be perfectly fine...
Inncubus
Minister of Greek affairs

Post by Inncubus »

And maybe a frost mage can help there with aoe crit.
Løcknløad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Løcknløad »

Does anyone know about what is going in the colliseum ? i mean bosses (how many) tacts or anything else?
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

5 bosses afaik - arena style.

Check out worldofraids, detailed information about the bosses (Northrend Beasts, some Sisters of Pain, some Eredar Lord, Anub'arak) and their abilities there, usually also with videos from the PTR.

Not so sure yet what we can expect from it, but it's a step towards IC :)