3.1.3 patch notes (subject to change etc)

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

zNow wrote:Well no hate towards warlock, they're already low enough. But this was a sure needed change. Getting busted by 8-10k Chaosbolts is just wrong.
Fix the stunlocks!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

zNow wrote:Well no hate towards warlock, they're already low enough. But this was a sure needed change. Getting busted by 8-10k Chaosbolts is just wrong.
If all other classes burst was controlled i would agree.
But i do not
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Lateralus wrote:
But i do not
So if they don't fix every single imbalance in the game at the same time they aren't allowed to fix anything? Then we would be sitting on day 1 of WoW for 5years now. I see that locks have it quite hard atm, atleast in PvP. That's no reason however to not fix stuff that is clearly not working as intended, like instagibbing half of player's health.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

zNow wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
But i do not
So if they don't fix every single imbalance in the game at the same time they aren't allowed to fix anything? Then we would be sitting on day 1 of WoW for 5years now. I see that locks have it quite hard atm, atleast in PvP. That's no reason however to not fix stuff that is clearly not working as intended, like instagibbing half of player's health.
And yet they let DK's and a few other classes just rule an entire season in the arena but this they fix in a heartbeat. Arena's are killing any PvP (read BG/world PvP) fun imo because they can't get it right.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

zNow wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
But i do not
Yes znow, i do think they should fix things in this game (kind of obvious but ill still answer your question..) I just think they should focus firstly on classes that are alot more OP than locks. And by saying like you did it seems like you assume i thought chaos bolt needed a fix, i dont. I think its fine as it is. And instagibbing half of players health? A rogue with cds up should be able to do the same, do they need fixing? At least i dont think so.

and also..
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6/chaosbolt1.jpg
critting target dummy
no fel armor
no firestone
(2230 spell damage)
curse of elements up

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6575/chaosbolt2.jpg
critting a priest with over 1100 resiience
fel armor up
firestone up
lightweave proc
(2800 spell damage)
curse of elements up
The main problem was that Chaos Bolt ignored resilience. When one class (spec even) can get around the major stat that is supposed to let characters live longer in PvP with a heavy hitter like this, you're bound to have problems.

Really GC, it ignores resilience?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

How pathetic by Blizzard :P
But I'm still not fine with 10k damage.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

zNow wrote:How pathetic by Blizzard :P
But I'm still not fine with 10k damage.
Doesnt hit for 10k in arena, but ~7k
But yeah i think anything that hits over 6k is abit to much, but as long as other classes hit that hard i think warlocks should be able to do so as well. But as we all know, arena is abit fucked up this expansion. In BC it was 20 -60 min games sometimes, that wasnt fun either tho. But all and all i think it worked abit better in BC.

Lets just pray they do something constructive and interesting to BGs, its about time. AMMIRITE??
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

world PVP and you can count me in guys!!!111oine
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Meek wrote:world PVP and you can count me in guys!!!111oine
Your enthusiasm is sweet but I think it is best if you stay in the city and guard the crafters for a few more years while the men fight!