3.1.3 patch notes (subject to change etc)

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

3.1.3 patch notes (subject to change etc)

Post by Fenz »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/17367879 ... notes.html

Death Knights

•Frost Presence: Armor bonus is now 60% down from 80%.

Druids

•Improved Barkskin: This talent now also grants 80/160% additional armor while in Travel Form or not shapeshifted.

•Improved Tree of Life: The armor bonus to Tree of Life Form from this talent has been reduced to 67/133/200% bonus armor.

Hunters

•Hunter's Mark: The ranged attack power bonus from this ability has been increased from 300 to 500.

•Master Marksman: This talent now also decreases the cost of Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Paladins

•Eye For An Eye: This talent now deals 5/10% of the critical strike damage taken by the paladin back at the attacker.

•Hand of Freedom: The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.

Rogues

•Overkill: Talent redesigned. Now increases energy regeneration by 30% while stealthed, and for 20 seconds after breaking stealth.

Warlocks

•Chaos Bolt: This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.

Warriors

•Blood Frenzy: This talent now provides 5/10% haste instead of 3/6%.

•Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, and rage cost reduced from 30 rage to 20 rage.

•Juggernaut: This talent now also increases the cooldown on Charge by 5 seconds.

Items

•Death Knight PvP Gauntlets: The chance to refresh a Frost Rune when casting Chains of Ice has been removed. When equipped, these gloves now generate 5 additional runic power whenever Chains of Ice is used.

Dungeons

•Ulduar

◦Mimiron

■The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.

■The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.

■Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

Bug Fixes

•Druid Tier 8 Balance Set: The 4-piece bonus no longer has its effect consumed by Starfire casts in progress when it triggers. The chance for the effect to be triggered has been reduced down to 8%, as it was originally inflated to compensate.

•Ice Layered Barrier: Upgraded to item level 232. In addition, the stats in the tooltip have been correctly adjusted to 78 spell power, 48 haste rating, 16 mana per 5 seconds, 52 Intellect, and 50 Stamina.

•Pulsing Spellshield: The stats listed in the tooltip for this item were incorrect and have been adjusted. This item provides 69 spell power, 34 haste rating, 42 critical strike rating, 45 intellect, and 45 stamina.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: 3.1.3 patch notes (subject to change etc)

Post by Lateralus »

NERF CHAOSBOLT WARLOCKS ARE THE LEAST REPRESENTED CLASS IN ARENA ATM BUT THEY DO TO MUCH DPS LOGIC FAILS BUT WE DONT CARE LOL!!!!!!
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Lateralus wrote:NERF CHAOSBOLT WARLOCKS ARE THE LEAST REPRESENTED CLASS IN ARENA ATM BUT THEY DO TO MUCH DPS LOGIC FAILS BUT WE DONT CARE LOL!!!!!!
I see you're getting in contact with your inner twelve-year-old.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:NERF CHAOSBOLT WARLOCKS ARE THE LEAST REPRESENTED CLASS IN ARENA ATM BUT THEY DO TO MUCH DPS LOGIC FAILS BUT WE DONT CARE LOL!!!!!!
Ghostcrawler about that:
The main problem was that Chaos Bolt ignored resilience. When one class (spec even) can get around the major stat that is supposed to let characters live longer in PvP with a heavy hitter like this, you're bound to have problems.

We didn't want to nerf the burst damage because it was finally hitting for a reasonable amount. But it didn't feel fair to have it ignore resilience. The other damage reducers didn't feel like a big problem either way. It still ignores resistance and absorptions, which is technically all the tooltip said in the first place.

We can get you a full list of what qualifies as damage reduction vs. absorption tomorrow when we can look at the spells.

I know a lot of warlocks (and maybe some other classes) were expecting a nerf when they saw what the new Fire and Brimstone talent can do. We didn't want to nerf the damage straight up, since that was the whole point of the talent change. We thought actually fixing the undocumented bonus, which felt more like a bug than anything (in the sense that the tooltip never even claimed it bypassed damage reduction) would keep the spell balanced in its current form. You can call that a nerf if you want to, but really it was the change that convinced us we didn't need to nerf CB's raw damage.

We expected Sanctified Wrath to have the same bug, but if you read the tooltip is actually says it bypasses damage reduction. So we are leaving it as is for now.

I hope I am remembering all this accurately. It's a bit late. :)
Personally I gave up on PvP in WoW for now. Nothing fun to gain from playing BG's (can already hold my own with the PvP gear I got and still nothing to aim at like a mount or something) and arena's are not my thing.

They want to refocus pvp more on the bg's again and maybe even world pvp but I don't see that happening anytime soon so I now have 2 pve specs :?
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Fenz wrote:They want to refocus pvp more on the bg's again and maybe even world pvp but I don't see that happening anytime soon so I now have 2 pve specs :?
Replenish-gimp ftw!

Afaik they're adding a new BG in the next content-patch, so things might change a bit there. They've said numerous times that they want to reward players more in BGs instead of just the whole team, but I guess it's a pretty hard thing to do since you get credit for everything that happens around you.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote:
I think you would be abit pissed as well if they kept making idiot changes wich in the end affects the only thing you enjoy with the game.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Replenish-gimp ftw!
Alltho I do have replenishment. It is more for my own benefit in the destro spec, since I get heals and mana back from (Improved) Soul leech. Plus it is the hardest hitting lock spec atm. Demo is for raidbuffing because the buff is greater then the buff elemental shamans give.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Raniz wrote:
Fenz wrote:They want to refocus pvp more on the bg's again and maybe even world pvp but I don't see that happening anytime soon so I now have 2 pve specs :?
Replenish-gimp ftw!

Afaik they're adding a new BG in the next content-patch, so things might change a bit there. They've said numerous times that they want to reward players more in BGs instead of just the whole team, but I guess it's a pretty hard thing to do since you get credit for everything that happens around you.
what i really would like blizzard to do is to make some sort of guild rankings baced on s6 in bg.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Lateralus wrote:
Raniz wrote:
I think you would be abit pissed as well if they kept making idiot changes wich in the end affects the only thing you enjoy with the game.
Reading his explanation of it made it seem like a reasonable change. It doesn't sound like it's going to break warlocks completely since you'll still power through absorption shields and resistances.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote: Afaik they're adding a new BG in the next content-patch, so things might change a bit there. They've said numerous times that they want to reward players more in BGs instead of just the whole team, but I guess it's a pretty hard thing to do since you get credit for everything that happens around you.
They need to fix BGs alot more to be interesting than adding new BGs since atm its only a big farm. Pretty sure they said they were gonna do something interesting with it but it seems to take alooot of time .. :<
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote: Reading his explanation of it made it seem like a reasonable change.
Reasonable how? I mean we are allready at the bottom as it is now, nerfing the worst class in arena doesnt sound any reasonable at all imo.

Alltho nothing final with this patch yet, just hope they compensate with something else.
raniz wrote:It doesn't sound like it's going to break warlocks completely since you'll still power through absorption shields and resistances
Newsflash, we allready are broken in arena. This might not change ALOT , but it will for sure make us abit worse than we allready are.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Lateralus wrote:
Raniz wrote: Reading his explanation of it made it seem like a reasonable change.
Reasonable how? I mean we are allready at the bottom as it is now, nerfing the worst class in arena doesnt sound any reasonable at all imo.

Alltho nothing final with this patch yet, just hope they compensate with something else.
raniz wrote:It doesn't sound like it's going to break warlocks completely since you'll still power through absorption shields and resistances
Newsflash, we allready are broken in arena. This might not change ALOT , but it will for sure make us abit worse than we allready are.
Well then it's something else that needs to be fixed, this does sound like a bug and if the only thing that makes you viable in arenas is to exploit a bug then something else needs to be fixed.

I'm not saying that warlocks are fine in arena since I don't know shit about that, all I'm saying is that the change seems reasonable.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote: Well then it's something else that needs to be fixed, this does sound like a bug and if the only thing that makes you viable in arenas is to exploit a bug then something else needs to be fixed.
What exactly sounds like a bug? That Chaos bolts hits through shields etc like it was supposed to ever since the spell was introduced or that blizzard says it doesnt gets affected from resilience? (Discussions are ongoing if it does hit through resilience or not, personally i dont think it hits through resilience since my own crits are so diffrent.)

And as i said it wouldnt change THAT much for warlocks, we wouldnt be that much worse than we allready are, it just feels wrong to nerf something that allready are to weak without compensating it with some form of a buff (surv buff hopefully!)
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Well no hate towards warlock, they're already low enough. But this was a sure needed change. Getting busted by 8-10k Chaosbolts is just wrong.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

kicking locks when they're down