Blue post about Ulduar nerfs.

Chit chat
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Blue post about Ulduar nerfs.

Post by Raniz »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/16888489 ... -nerf.html

It basicly says that they want as many people as possible to experience all the hard work they did to create Ulduar. Bosses are supposed to be puggable and hardmodes are for raiding guilds.
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

yup. It makes me one sad tree.

Let's bring down yoggi' so we can begin with the hard-modes to maintain the degree of difficultly. GOGO

and of course to keep your tree happy and running :)
Graav
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Graav »

yes hard modes ftw ! :D
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Re: Blue post about Ulduar nerfs.

Post by Phil »

Raniz wrote:http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/16888489 ... -nerf.html

It basicly says that they want as many people as possible to experience all the hard work they did to create Ulduar. Bosses are supposed to be puggable and hardmodes are for raiding guilds.
Your comment on the link is wayyyy off the blue post quoted there.

With that being said, I like Zarhym and I also like their philosophy change to make content more accessible.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Zarhym wrote:With that said, I think our views on raid content are at odds. If you're having difficulty comparing the raid content of Wrath to the raid content of Burning Crusade, it's because our philosophy changed a little bit. You say Ulduar's difficulty is supposed to be on par with SSC and TK, but that's not really true. The primary goal in this expansion -- and the reason we've implemented 10/25-player, and hard modes -- is to give as many people access to the raid content as possible. Just given the nature of raid dungeons, so many resources need to be poured into making them, from art, design, and story boarding, to programming and testing. It's a very intensive process and we want our players to experience the end result.

For this reason we're continuing with the philosophy that pick-up groups should have some level of success when raiding. Coordination and effort will still be necessary, as will the appropriate level of gear; but we don't want capable groups hitting brick walls, at least not within the first few boss encounters of Ulduar.

The difference in difficulty between 10-player and 25-player modes should also be fairly minimal. The distinction here is between the guilds that might not have the resources to more-than-double the size of their raid. 25-player content should be more difficult, but only incrementally. You'll find all the brick walls and incredibly challenging encounters in hard modes, and they're worth the effort and status for the experienced raiders.
I don't see where I misinterpreted him.

And this philosophy is ok with me aswell, there are a few bosses where we can choose the difficulty we like by not destroying or killing certain things prior to engaging the boss.
Last edited by Raniz on 24 May 2009, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

'Some level of success' is not running the entire instance in a pug imo. Some fights are too hard for pugs unless they heavily outgear the encounters.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Well, some bosses are supposed to be puggable then, I guess everything up to Auriaya is puggable, Auriaya might be puggable on 25man and is certainly puggable on 10man.

Hodir might even be puggable if the tank has enough frost resistance, but I can agree that it starts to get really hard from Thorim and on.
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

I think the hard modes are the same as achievements, easy method for recycle content.
I don't like it. I know it takes allot of work to tune the hard modes. But its not as much work as creating new bosses.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

meh
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Yaur wrote:I think the hard modes are the same as achievements, easy method for recycle content.
I don't like it. I know it takes allot of work to tune the hard modes. But its not as much work as creating new bosses.
They are, but since we're currently one- or twoshotting the majority of ulduar at the moment I'm looking forward to when we can attempt hardmodes, some of the bosses will require completely new strategies because hardmode changes the encounter in such a way that we can't do it like we've always done it.
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Raniz wrote: They are, but since we're currently one- or twoshotting the majority of ulduar at the moment I'm looking forward to when we can attempt hardmodes, some of the bosses will require completely new strategies because hardmode changes the encounter in such a way that we can't do it like we've always done it.
True, I would like to do them and I think we should asap. But I don't like the direction WoW (and games in general) are going towards.
Achievements and hard modes are nothing more then way's to keep the public busy until the next patch (or game) and the developers are creating less content by doing it.

But I like wow to much to rage quite ;)