Interesting pvp tidbits

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Interesting pvp tidbits

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Interesting pvp tidbits

Post by Lateralus »

blue wrote: Just to sum it up...

Arenas became the focal point of PvP because there exists in the rating system an easier way to measure skill. On the contrary, battlegrounds shifted from the focus and the means by which the most competitive PvP rewards could be obtained because there's almost no measurement of skill. Someone could AFK their way to great gear just as easily as someone legitimately playing to win every match.

We don't like this though, as arenas really are meant to be an E-sport side game, not the end all, be all of World of Warcraft PvP. We understand it's a niche game that's not for everyone. What we want to do is revamp the battleground system and create some better functionality to measure skill so that players have access to more comparable rewards to those issued via the arenas. We'd also like to provide the means for player to level up via PvP should that be their preference.

We have a new battleground on the way for Wrath of the Lich King as well. It's looking pretty cool so far.
Would be neat if they implemented something new and fancy to BGs, i really hope it comes soon
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Interesting pvp tidbits

Post by Asharak »

Lateralus wrote:
blue wrote: Just to sum it up...

Arenas became the focal point of PvP because there exists in the rating system an easier way to measure skill. On the contrary, battlegrounds shifted from the focus and the means by which the most competitive PvP rewards could be obtained because there's almost no measurement of skill. Someone could AFK their way to great gear just as easily as someone legitimately playing to win every match.

We don't like this though, as arenas really are meant to be an E-sport side game, not the end all, be all of World of Warcraft PvP. We understand it's a niche game that's not for everyone. What we want to do is revamp the battleground system and create some better functionality to measure skill so that players have access to more comparable rewards to those issued via the arenas. We'd also like to provide the means for player to level up via PvP should that be their preference.

We have a new battleground on the way for Wrath of the Lich King as well. It's looking pretty cool so far.
Would be neat if they implemented something new and fancy to BGs, i really hope it comes soon
This actually does not sound that bad, i'd rather play BG's than arena any day, and tbh im quite pissed that you now need stupid arena rating to get pvp gear :(
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

This actually does not sound that bad, i'd rather play BG's than arena any day, and tbh im quite pissed that you now need stupid arena rating to get pvp gear
I strongly agree, I refuse to play the arena's atm.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Im playing arena, alltho i dont enjoy it as much as before.

Would LOVE some cool rated BGs have no idea how that would work out but it would really spice up the game for me