Computer fail..

Chit chat
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Computer fail..

Post by Mentos »

Well i thought Sneek or someone that's good with computers could help me with this hopeless thing i've been working with for a couple of weeks.

All suddenly two of the games i use most: World Of Warcraft and Warcraft 3 stops working. In both cases i can first see things flash by in the background of the game.. just like msnconversations in different colours at different places at the screen. Then after maybe 30 seconds or less the game completly freezes.

In WC3 it happens when i join the game i want to play and it starts. I can play aproxx 20 seconds before it freezes. Then it returns for maybe 10 seconds and freezes again.

I've downloaded a program to see how my drivers are doing, turns out that several drivers are out of date. My Xapphire Radeon x700 PRO is one of the drivers needing update. So i searched on google after drivers and found this Program-file that i tried to run. Ended up with "NTVDM CPU has encountered a illegal instruction". Also i've tried searching after drivers using "enhetshanteraren".

Nothing seems to work and some of my buddies says that it might not be the drivers but something else. One told me that my graphic card might be loose or maybe dust on the fans.

Im thankful for any help with this ;p

Oh and btw, i can play Football Manager 2009 without any problems.
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
There you'll find the correct drivers for your graphic card atleast. :)
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

Thanks for the drivers Schneel. My Driver program now indicates that my Radeon card has up-to-date drivers.

But the problems is still there, which rules out the drivers as the thing that causes it. Im fuzzled.

Oh and i think that this started happening after I played a Football Manager LAN at my place. My computer is also connected through two different routers if that could have any effect on this.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well does everything get adequate cooling? did you add something to your comp recently? gorloms comp once had the fan stop working on the graphics card and it went to hell, is it getting enough power or does the spin to slow due to dust etc?

football manager isnt a graphic heavy title is it so it seems 3d acceleration is messed up
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

I'l open my computer tomorrow and see if i find out anything strange.

I can also play World Series of Poker without problems. My networkcards drivers is also out of date, but figured graphic problems with hack doesnt has anything to do with that?
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

So i opened up my computer and cleaned out the dust that were at the fans and everywhere else in the computer.

Then when i logged on to wow to try it out i thought that it was fixed. I managed to play for 2 minutes until it froze. When it froze i couldn't do anything but turing off the computer at the button. Maybe i could play longer because i logged on at 02:30?

Anyway the mystery goes on.. :roll:
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

I had the same prob before whit my old pc.. try to remove the fan on your cpu clean it and put on some more *Kylpasta* it can also be that your grapic card isnt getting cooled enough, check the temp on it if it changes drastic when u are entering a game.
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

I noticed another strange thing now.. When i played Warcraft 3 singleplayer i had no problems playing at all..

Then i tried playing it on the internet, and before the game even started the whole screen got black and there was a terrible sound sounding like when you scratch the board with your nails or a fork to a plate. Only thing i could do was to reboot computer at the bottom.

I tell you. The devil has found his new place to be. My computer!! :shock:
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

trying to make this thread abit more intresting by posting good old movies!

http://media.putfile.com/LonleyLyyk
http://media.putfile.com/Giev-plix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbC0MX9-XY

Edit: Turns out it was my graphiccard that gets overheated. Will try getting a new one. Thanks!: )
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

You can try a temporary solution and put a table fan next to your open case. That should keep the graphics card nice and cool while you play.

If that works, just replace the fan on the graphics card or install another fan in the chassis.