fucked up (and extremely offtopic :)

Chit chat
sudo
Guild hopper

fucked up (and extremely offtopic :)

Post by sudo »

http://stream.2003.02.garnierprojects.c ... artoon.wmv

this was aired in iran last week .. for kids .. -_-
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

its a rather disturbed piece of political propaganda directed to kids and also a way of making sure that the conflict wont be resolved in the near future
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Sinarion
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Sinarion »

Where do i download episode 2?
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

Where do i download episode 2?
lol
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

idiots
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

that's pretty effing disturbing :|
jackyb
Scout
Scout

Post by jackyb »

quite discusting propaganda
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

And then people look down on the United States of America for wanting to take action against a state whose president says "Israel should be wiped off the face of the planet". I really dont like Europe anymore...
Jump in!
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

well israel is far from innocent .. but yea, that new iranian guy is an idiot and needs to be shot.
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

It's a huge shitstorm (and that's the technical term for it) that region Israel/Palistine. Been literally a civil war for 50 years.

Not that "educational videos" such as this one (grabbed by the controversial weblog geenstijl.nl maintained by Dutch journalists fed up with the over the top political correctness in mainstream newspapers) don't exactly help diffuse the civil war...

IMO, just one way for the clergy in Iran to increase the chokehold over the Persian population - by brainwashing their children.
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

I have an idea (had this since I was like 16 too:P) to resolve this situation, but I don't think I can count on much support for it: export the Al Aqsa mosque to Mecca, Jesus' tomb to the Vatican and the Wailing Wall to New York, evacuate all people from Jerusalem, and tactical nuke it so that people won't be able to live there for the coming 50 years.
Mol Qaeda - The Terrorist Troll
Shradgudd
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Shradgudd »

I support Mol suggestion. :twisted:
why waste words when ya can waste bullets...
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

Just saw this. Although anyone who thinks everything is the fault of the Muslims and the Allies are blameless is at best naive and at worst absolutely thick as shit (think Guantanamo, using white phosphorous in Falluja, humiliating prisoners etc etc), this type of cartoon is disgusting. I cannot believe that anyone could be so irresponsible as to even allow this to be aired on TV, let alone allow their children to watch it. Hell, some of the children who watch these cartoons can't be older than 4 or 5 years old, the fact that any kids' cartoon with such bloodshed in really astounds me.

Having said that, Iran does have a terrible terrible record for this type of thing, obviously with that comment from the president about wiping out Israel and the civil war, from which one of my best friend's parents actually fled.

Unfortunately, like nearly all international conflict, the problem is based in religion, as you can see from comments the man in the cartoon made 'illegitimate atheist' etc etc. The saddest thing of all is that young people on both sides (particularly on the side of the Jihadis) are going to be continually put under so much propaganda and resentment will just grow and grow and grow the longer these wars in the Middle East continue, and it seems that as long as religion exists, these wars and these disgusting propagandist cartoons will exist.
'There are two things I can't stand in this world- people who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch'
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Laté really has too much time on his hands :)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

Haha, well I've been sitting at my computer for like 6 hours doing a uni project :P
'There are two things I can't stand in this world- people who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch'