Curious

Chit chat
Sylshana
Scout
Scout

Curious

Post by Sylshana »

Hi

Jhorar said I should try applying to you guys - I'm curious as to what the requirements are and how you sort through applications. Also, how many and which days in the week do you raid and what are your attendance requirements?

Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

are you patricks gf?

if yes.../wave :)
Sylshana
Scout
Scout

Curious

Post by Sylshana »

Lol. No, I'm not. I'm guessing Jhorar == Patrick?
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

I bet he is ! Sylshana and Jhorar sittin' in a tree !
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

This is takenfrom old recruitment posts (editted were needed) but still applies:
SM is odd.

A mix of pushing as far as we can in raiding combined with what some players would consider odd restraints when you're a "raiding guild".

The progress of this guild has been steady and solid, our core raiders have been here since we stepped into the Molten Core and cleared all the way into Naxxramas, up to and including dealing with Patchwerk and further.
You see, while we prefer the gearing approach, we aren't consumable-phobic if it's a controlled encounter to which the consumable requirements can be outgeared over time.

The people in the guild have varied backgrounds; FPSes like Quake, HL:TFC, UT or RTSes like Warcraft, Starcraft as well as MMORPGs like UO, DAoC and Everquest or even pen-and-paper DnD.
The average age is around 25 with some officers pushing thirty - or worse. Kaerz is 57!!

The most our raiding roster holds is five raids a week, at the times of 1930-2330 CET.
The days are mostly weekdays; Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sun.
Therefor our raiding time's limited at 20 hours per week, tops. For WoTLK we are aiming at 3 25m raids a week, therest of the week is for 10m/PvP/fishing etc etc
We are a multinational guild which uses English for guildchat, pvp and raiding.
Ventrilo is used to assist in pvp and raiding and is mandatory to speak through for players with crucial roles.
While we don't guarantee raid spots, when planning raids the most active players will usually be the first choice of the raidleaders.
When it comes to raiding we tend to "roast" players that make crucial mistakes, so a healthy dose of self-critique and a sense of humor is required to withstand the "blame game".

You're expected to be good and reliable at planning your raiding time.

Ideal raiders are players that speak up on ventrilo when required, are proactive in researching raid encounters, aware of their surroundings, fast to react and know how to think on their feet keeping the restraints imposed by the raid encounter in mind.

Exceptional candidates are players that strike us as very good on multiple facets - not just gear, class and encounter knowledge.
Typically we have no real need to fill the role specified unless it is such an exceptional candidate.

Should you still be interested in joining us feel free to make a thread on the recruitment forum.
If discretion is required you can send a PM to Manstrale (Yes we have a female GM = drama garanteed :lol: .
To activate your account, send either me or Fenz a tell ingame.

We do not have a predefined application profile to fill out; this post, however, contains a lot of things we look for in a raider - explain to us in your application why or how you meet those requirements.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Kerz
Champion
Champion

Post by Kerz »

I'm not 57 !!!!
Oke no more beer for me
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kerz wrote:I'm not 57 !!!!
Sorry 75.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

There, there. I'm sure you feel like you're 25, but mental age doesn't count or satanic wouldn't get to play since he's only 5 mentally.
Sylshana
Scout
Scout

Curious

Post by Sylshana »

Akaza wrote:Sylshana and Jhorar sittin' in a tree !
Lmao! I have this feeling I'm never going to get away from this joke. What happens if you find out I'm a guy?
Fenz
old man

Re: Curious

Post by Fenz »

Sylshana wrote:
Akaza wrote:Sylshana and Jhorar sittin' in a tree !
Lmao! I have this feeling I'm never going to get away from this joke. What happens if you find out I'm a guy?
We are a liberal guild. If you and Jhorar swing that way it is fine as long as it doesn't interferes with our raids!
Sylshana
Scout
Scout

Re: Curious

Post by Sylshana »

Fenz wrote:
We are a liberal guild. If you and Jhorar swing that way it is fine as long as it doesn't interferes with our raids!
Yup - I knew that was going to be a running gag.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

aslong as u let me in on a corner its all good!
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Well come on. When you look at Patrik you know he could swing both ways !

*Runs and hides*
Sylshana
Scout
Scout

Post by Sylshana »

I suppose I should clarify here - I am actually a girl. But still not Jhorar's gf...
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Fenz wrote:
Sorry 75.
Still younger than you are. Fenz tell me that story of yours when you and your mom hunted Woolly mammoth with stone axes!