Compensation for lag??

Post by Braidwood »

I THINK NOT:

An official real-life email from WoW:

= = =

Character: Braidwood
Request: Compensation for the problems encountered on 02/11/2005

Greetings,

It is unfortunate that our servers where having such problems on this day. We deeply regret that this has happened and do apologize for the fact that it did. I'm sorry to say that we cannot offer you a compensation at this time. However, for future information on this please keep an eye on our website. Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.

Regards,

English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe
Braidwood. Calmly, Quietly, Not one of the Best!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Compensation for lag??

Post by Lateralus »

Braidwood wrote:I THINK NOT:

An official real-life email from WoW:

= = =

Character: Braidwood
Request: Compensation for the problems encountered on 02/11/2005

Greetings,

It is unfortunate that our servers where having such problems on this day. We deeply regret that this has happened and do apologize for the fact that it did. I'm sorry to say that we cannot offer you a compensation at this time. However, for future information on this please keep an eye on our website. Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.

Regards,

English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe
Im not that suprised. But i will do as i always do.. bite together and continue playing
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

it's their policy to not compensate for lag.
(think they might compensate if the server has been down though.)
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

The players in the US got a 24h compensation because their maintenance lasted 2 hours longer.
Yesterday we had a 14h maintenance and we get nothing. Where's the logic?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kibs wrote:The players in the US got a 24h compensation because their maintenance lasted 2 hours longer.
'

And if we get compensated for 24 hours how much money is that? zit nada nadi nothing
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Lateralus wrote:
Kibs wrote:The players in the US got a 24h compensation because their maintenance lasted 2 hours longer.
'

And if we get compensated for 24 hours how much money is that? zit nada nadi nothing
It's not about the money, it's just a nice gesture.
Some servers had over a month of extreme lag, which took them over a month to fix (after 3 weeks of 'it's your isp's fault' bullshit).
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kibs wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
'

It's not about the money, it's just a nice gesture.
Some servers had over a month of extreme lag, which took them over a month to fix (after 3 weeks of 'it's your isp's fault' bullshit).
Yes i agree with you but i dont think blizz have anything to do that feels like a compensation.. i mean if i get one month of thats 12 euro.. and tbh idont think that is any money at all so i dont really care about that. What i would appriciate is some bonus CP or gold or something :p
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

how useless would bonus cp be? if everyone got bonus CP then it doesnt affect your ranking rating at all so it would be completely useless wouldnt it?
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Morlog wrote:how useless would bonus cp be? if everyone got bonus CP then it doesnt affect your ranking rating at all so it would be completely useless wouldnt it?
true didnt think of that.. but if they only gave me??!? :p .. well ok epic then!