GG Blizzard (Arena play mandatory?)

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

GG Blizzard (Arena play mandatory?)

Post by Fenz »

"...we’ll be temporarily providing Honor and Arena gear from a vendor in Wintergrasp. The rate at which you receive honor has been accelerated to help players gear up quickly while helping us test the zone. In addition, we are also providing Arena points during the beta for testing purposes so that players can PvP in a complete set of PvP gear."
This says to me: If you want to compete in PvP you have to play in the arena's. Fuck that.

Thread on the subject I found interesting:

http://vnboards.ign.com/world_of_warcra ... 8747923/p1

GG selling out to the raiders:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#60

----

Personally I would like to do more PvP/RvR but I would also like to play with the people I played a long time with but if Blizzard is making me play the arena (to be competitive) wich I hate I am probably done. Might play WoW for the PvE part but that will only happen if a lot of the old school raiders return for WoTLK. WAR for now. At least I can miss an evening or 2 without being behind the curve.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

mm rating requirements on the "honor" set sucks

Generally rating requirements suck but since they dont want ppl who pve using the pvp gear i'd say they keep it like it is now,for example only the "s5" set would need PR and the "honor" set wouldn't

anyways...
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

That's because Chilton's clueless.
He messed up Ultima Online, and he's doing his utmost in turning the WoW game systems into a holistic piece of crap as well.

Yes, WoW's actually a gameworld in which you need to play Hockey at a certain level before you get to purchase and wear your Soccer shoes.

Well, the real culprit is basing "progress" and "fun" on loot/gear rather then the generic experience.
They have no choice really since the PvE encounters they produce are nothing short of graphical 3d interactive spreadsheets so you cannot really rely on that being interesting for any long period of time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

I very much dislike the system also, that its REQUIRED! Luckily for me i enjoy arena so because of that it doesnt bother me to much.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Lateralus wrote:I very much dislike the system also, that its REQUIRED! Luckily for me i enjoy arena so because of that it doesnt bother me to much.
i friggin hate arena, mostly cause i suck in pvp
not really happy, luckely i got my arena team covered so its still managable
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

I hated arena, and I really liked PVP in WOW.
Go figure...
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

flame wrote:I hated arena, and I really liked PVP in WOW.
Go figure...
second that. Arena is the main reason I quitted my hunter. I need the pvp, but that beeing limited to arena crap los abuse resilience overpowered shit piece of crapshit, then count me out. Once I get a new computer, its most likely back to fps for me. (of course I can say what I want, the game will drag me back in within a week)
Finally, an emotion I do not have to fake
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Gaar wrote:
flame wrote:I hated arena, and I really liked PVP in WOW.
Go figure...
second that. Arena is the main reason I quitted my hunter. I need the pvp, but that beeing limited to arena crap los abuse resilience overpowered shit piece of crapshit, then count me out. Once I get a new computer, its most likely back to fps for me. (of course I can say what I want, the game will drag me back in within a week)
left 4 dead!? :)

i also hate, hate and thridly hate arena. pvp is fun, if it were pvp and not arena. that would be fine.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

all those flames of arena you all say you hate arena but what is to hate about it. Im not good @ it and never got above 1700 rating but i really liked it was a nice extra in tbc. Is the problem with arena that the game is not balancd around 2v2 3v3? Or is it the resiliance wich i also hate but it was needed because pre tbc best pvp players were the ones in imba tier2 tier3 gear one shotting others in crap gear.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Blahran wrote:all those flames of arena you all say you hate arena but what is to hate about it. Im not good @ it and never got above 1700 rating but i really liked it was a nice extra in tbc. Is the problem with arena that the game is not balancd around 2v2 3v3? Or is it the resiliance wich i also hate but it was needed because pre tbc best pvp players were the ones in imba tier2 tier3 gear one shotting others in crap gear.
i think alot of people hate the thing with if you dont do arena ,, you will be less good in pvp. because of arena gear being superior
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

Kalgan seem to be getting more and more popular out there.... :)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7096&sid=1

:P
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Asharak wrote:Kalgan seem to be getting more and more popular out there.... :)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7096&sid=1

:P

hahahah
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well its a stupid move tbh making casuals have to compete in the strms for any kind of pvp gear as the arenas are for the more competetive and focused players i cant say i gave it a fair chance since i just played a max of 10 games a week on all teams making rating suck and slowly getting some leggings as that was far easier then getting 30 wsg marks for pants

cant say im as excited about wotlk as i could have been theyre making more stupid design moves then in tbc but then again they usually revoke stupid moves as time moves on and i pvp in pve gear with my mage anyway in the zerg fest that is av im toast if they focus on me anyway beeing fire

well i guess ill see how it plays out
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

in the end its not like the well geared nubs are a threat to the equally geared pro´s, its just more hard for them to be able to compete at all. silly fucking system, getting angry just thinking abuot it