Wrath of the Lich King to be Released in 2008

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Wrath of the Lich King to be Released in 2008

Post by Fenz »

Shacknews reported that according to Mike Morhaime (Blizzard Entertainment's CEO), Wrath of the Lich King will be released between October and December 2008.

"We have said that it will be coming out this year," Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime revealed in a conference call today. "I can tell you it's not coming in the July to September quarter."

As for the Wrath of the Lich King beta, Morhaime noted that "testing is going very well." During the call, Morhaime also mentioned that 40% of the World of Warcraft subscribers that left for Age of Conan have since returned.
source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53963
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

give some news!
DaTz
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by DaTz »

Several shops in NL have WOTLK on pre-order now with expected release date of mid- to end- september.
Milaga / Maolina
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

putting my money on end of october/early november
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

sudo wrote:putting my money on end of october/early november
I'm guessing closer to X-mas since that'll probably boost sales a bit.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

theyve always skipped a christmas release simply because they dont need to

original was released jan/feb same with bc

they have 9 million customers and even if some call it quits they can expect around 8 million to buy the expansion give or take so why would thye need christmas? people that play will buy it no matter when it comes out since sitting around in outland when everyone is in northrend isnt much fun
personally i dont think itll be a that early release theyre still testing a lot of shit and im actually betting on a post christmas release

everything gets released when its done as per usual and while thyere still blancing classes like the dk and revamping the shadowpriests i dont see a release as likely as the optimistic shopowners tbh
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

DaTz wrote:Several shops in NL have WOTLK on pre-order now with expected release date of mid- to end- september.
I saw those dates for WARHAMMER.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
DaTz
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by DaTz »

Fenz wrote:
DaTz wrote:Several shops in NL have WOTLK on pre-order now with expected release date of mid- to end- september.
I saw those dates for WARHAMMER.
https://www.dynabyte.nl/artikel/614434/

http://www.pcmedia.nl/zoek/artikel.php?id=13941

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft- ... 000UTOE8A/
Milaga / Maolina
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Yeah but those dates went online even before alpha started, so it has no use looking at dates atm because blizzard self doesnt even know when the game goes to the stores. Like blizzard says its done when its done and not a day earlier.
Rev
Scout
Scout

Post by Rev »

well you have blizzard and vivendi. if vivendi says it will be released fourth quarter of 2008 it will be released then no matter how finnished it is. blizz only gets the deadlines and returnes an estimate if they can make it in time or not but its not there call either way afaik
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

Morlog, you are missing the fact that oryginal and BC were released 2 weeks earlier in the US
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Mortleg wrote:Morlog, you are missing the fact that oryginal and BC were released 2 weeks earlier in the US
Actually, BC had a worldwide (well, EU and US) release and US vanilla WoW was released 2 or 3 months before the EU version :p
On one hand they can really release it whenever they want - it will sell an insane amount of copies in the first 24 hours anyway, but avoiding the christmas rush with a gazillion big budget titles getting released is actually a pretty smart thing to do.
Either way, my money is on mid / late november.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.