DEATHKNIGHT HELL

Chit chat
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

DEATHKNIGHT HELL

Post by Versus »

heaven sounds wrong for the class!

May have time again when expansion is there to try this class out just found this website already!

http://deathknight.info/

Sticky?!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... dk&group=1
Last edited by Versus on 10 Aug 2008, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

I soo wanna play a death knight, they seem to be very evil, and perhaps i can slay the "boy king" in Stormwind!

I am wicked curious about the tanking part of a Death Knight!
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

i am wicked curious about his dps capabilities :D
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Mortleg wrote:i am wicked curious about his dps capabilities :D
surely below warriors
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

TheWarriorKing wrote:
Mortleg wrote:i am wicked curious about his dps capabilities :D
surely below warriors
Don't count on it. :P
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

they're gonna be overpowered ofcourse, so everybody buys expansion. then nerfed to hell bout half a year later.

dont count out retardins tho, they're supposedly 'fixing' em in wotlk also.
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

probably real to some extent, like ive guessed the deathknight will be like a weak warlock but with stronger melee.

*edit.
btw i hope they make things interesting and make the DK u roll unique in a way depending on wich class he was before, for example keeping certain spells and or abilities from the "old" class.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

looks like fun :)
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Everything I have read so far tells me that the deadknight will be a whole new class with gets unlocked by doing some sort of high lvl quest, some time ago there was a interview back when the deadknight was first announced during this interview they suggested this would be around lvl 50.

They also suggested that the character that you used to complete the quest wont be lost to you, it wont be converted into a deadknight. But you would "unlock" the deadknight for the server on witch you did the quest. So basically you would start off with a new character.

The movie looks really cool, but I don’t think its real, some of the skills have mana cost and the deadknight will have a whole new resource system using Runes. Also it seems a bit odd that the deadknight is suppose to be a melee tank hybrid and most of the spells seen in the movie are AOE control attacks or just AOE damage. Not that I would mind. ^^

I hope we get some info from Blizzard soon!
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Oh,no,not female nightelf deathknights.Please.

the fourth video is surely real though,I can't see how it can be fake.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.worldofraids.com/

The Deathknight class

A quick description of some of the spells:

• Death Coil -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing 600 damage to a non-Undead target, or healing 900 damage on a friendly target.
• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!
• Chains of Ice -- Roots the target in place. When the spell fades, it places a snare on the target that reduces in potency as the duration runs out.
• Raise Dead -- Raises a nearby corpse to fight for the Death Knight for 2 minutes. If used on a player corpse, the player has the option to play as the ghoul for the duration -- gaining access to the ghoul's abilities.
- The ghoul has the ability to do the following:
-- Leap to the target
-- Rend for decent damage-over-time
-- Stun target, and of course more
• Death Pact -- Sacrifices the raised ghouls to heal the Death Knight.
• Death and Decay -- Targeted, AoE Damage-over-time which pulses similar to the Paladin spell Consecration. Anyone affected by Death and Decay has a chance to be feared.
• Frost Presence -- Increases Armor by 45% and allows the Death Knight to generate 25% more threat. Only one presence can be active at any time.
• Unholy Presence -- Increases Attack Speed and Movement speed by 15%. Only one presence can be active at any time. This was described by Tom Chilton as the "PvP" presence.
• Anti-magic Shield -- Reduces the damage of the next magical spell cast on the Death Knight by 75%. It also converts the damage reduced into Runic Power.
• Strangulate -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing minor damage and silencing the target for up to 5 seconds.
• Summon Deathcharger -- Allows the Death Knight to summon a Deathcharger mount. This mount is acquired through quests, similar to the Paladin and Warlock land mounts.

A quick recap of the information Curse were told about the Death Knight:

• Death knights will be available to all players with level 55 characters
• Players can create one death knight per realm, per account
• Death knights can be any of the races
• Once created, death knights can undertake a series of quests to introduce the player to the new class and its associated lore
• Death knights utilize a rune system as their resource mechanic
- Three different rune types are available: Unholy, Frost, and Blood
- These runes allow death knights to cast spells and abilities; spells can cost any combination of these runes
- Spent runes automatically refresh after a set period of time, similar to a rogue’s energy bar
- The death knight will have the ability to customize which array of six runes is currently available
• As rune abilities are used, the death knight also generates another resource called Runic Power
- The death knight will have several abilities that cost all available Runic Power, with varying levels of effectiveness based on total Runic Power spent
- Runic Power decays over time if it’s not spent, similar to a warrior’s rage bar
• The death knight has three different presences to use: Blood, Frost, and Unholy; each presence grants the death knight a unique buff that will allow him or her to fulfill different roles in combat
• The death knight can serve either as a tank or as a melee-based damage-dealing class
• Death knights are designed to be highly viable tanking, magic-using characters
• Death knights will have the ability to summon undead guardians to fight by their side
• Death knights will have the ability to summon a Deathcharger mount.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

sounds cool tbh