sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

I cant :P
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Tsss, since when did you start working? :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

"This is the hour of your dark rebirth!"

I'll look into setting up a live stream if interested later this weekend
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

K the first levels to 58 are pure pwnage imo. Love the new nonloading "instance" parts of the same deathknight area that change with quests.
Made 58 in a few hours in outland now 8)
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

yea DK quest chain is pwnage. Altho I found the final battle very chaotic, and the whole 'lay down your weapons, we have lost'didnt make sense at all since we still had 6500 ppl alive vs 40 of theirs .. did they fix that yet? :P
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

DPS changes

-- Death Coil, Frost Strike, Death and Decay damage increased.
-- Strikes that scale with diseases changed so that the weapon damage, not just the flat damage, scales with the disease.
-- Double rune abilities damage increased: Obliterate, Howling Blast, Scourge Strike, Death Strike.
-- Unholy Blight no longer causes Blood Plague, but had its cooldown removed.
-- Several attack power coefficients increased.
-- Bloody Strikes and Scent of Blood swapped places.
-- Bladed Armor now turns armor into Strength (which then is turned into Parry).
-- Master of Ghouls' Ghoul now lasts until killed or similarly dismissed.
-- Ravenous Dead no longer affects Ghoul duration, but grants your rotting little buddy 60% more of your Str and Sta. (Stam goes from 30% of yours to ~50% of yours. Strength goes from 100% to 160%.)

Tanking changes

-- Frost Presence now grants 10% total health in addition to its current bonuses.
-- Blood Gorged, Rage of Rivendare and Tundra Stalker all grant 1/2/3/4/5 expertise.
-- Will of the Necropolis no longer grants expertise and now lowers Anti-Magic Shell cooldown.
-- Pestilence has no target limit. (It still has a radius limit.) Pesilence glyph now increases area.
-- Death and Decay no longer has a cower component, but a glyph can add that back.
-- Frigid Dreadplate now has a 100% chance for 2/4/6% miss but only on the DK.

Rewards for the selfless buffer

-- Abom's Might now grants 2% Strength at all times.
-- Improved Icy Talons now grants 2% haste at all times.
-- Ebon Plaguebringer now grants 3% crit at all times.

Runeforge changes

-- Lichbane now does 2% weapon damage as Fire, and double damage to undead.
-- Swordbreaking and Swordshattering add disarm duration reduction.
-- Spellbreaking and Spellshattering add silence duration reduction.
-- Cinderglacier reduced to 2 charges.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Made 68 in about a day and a half /played omw to Northrend :P
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

do you play in the middle of the night, or do you just really like lag? :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

No lag in outland/dk starter zone when i played for 75% of the time. Just late afternoon/evenings. Northrend more laggy though have to see later today.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

you using blood to level or unholy?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Unholy, perma pet just too good(scheduled for a nerf) and with epidemic you can do nice rotation of IT-PS-SS-BB-BB SS-SS-SS if mob if actually still alive. Also with butchery the only talent i take in blood i just got unholy blight running all the time.
SS is even bugged atm with doing low dmg but really does not matter much for questing. Also increased running and mounted speed is nice for questing. Was still doing around 800 to 1kdps at 67 on single targets in outland with ss bugged without counting ghoul dmg.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn ... 1203103151

Putting points in armor talent from frost now to get black ice

Was using this quest guide
http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/26520

Skipping instance recommendations and grinding options with the new boosted quest xp in outland it isnt needed yer still usually ahead almost 1 level then from the guide.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

yea pet does crazy damage. I dont mind a nerf, I just wish they'd allow you to have a petbar without master of ghouls :\
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

The ghoul does too much damage. He gets, IIRC, 100% of the master's Strength, which is very generous when most pets scale at 30% or so of the master.

Beyond that specific issue, pet classes are a huge design challenge. When the pet does 30-40% of your damage, and dies, you lose a chunk of damage that isn't comparable to any other dps loss by a class in the game. The alternatives aren't very appealing either -- the brick that can't be killed and does no damage, or the frail being that dishes out massive damage before collapsing when looked at. It's even worse when "pet" is a spec, as it is for locks and hunters, because then either the pet is disposable for the other specs, or it's OP for the pet spec.

I can't offer any great insight into how we're going to tackle the problem, but it does keep me up at night sometimes.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5&sid=2000
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

New beta build inc:

Tigole:

I don't have patch notes. Off the top of my head:

--Heroics have all been re-tuned. We'd really like feedback on the Heroics this push.
--25 person raids have been re-tuned
--Some tuning changes to 10 person raids
--Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.
--More Icecrown quests and polish. We'd LOVE more Icecrown quest feedback. Please use the in-game feedback UI or post in the quest forums.
--More Dalaran polish
--Performance updates and new performance logging to help get the servers in good condition.
--We're working on getting a beta Glyph vendor in the build so you guys will have quick and easy access to all of the glyphs for feedback. That system *might* make this push.

I'm not the patch note guy but that's my version of the patch notes.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Haven't had much time lately but seems lag has been fixed on beta for was very playable at primetime on sat evening. Did 90% of howling fjord now in borean tundra. I like howling fjord more for setting but tundra has some more crit plate rewards fjord is more haste reward. Doing tundra anyway now since i still was 70,5 after doing most of fjord :P.
Reached 71 quick dps test on some dummy got around 1700 dps as peak.

Wandering plague is nuts btw now its working properly it gets better the more targets you have prolly will be nerfed read some unholy dk reached 10k dps easily in raids with lots of adds :roll: