DEATHKNIGHT HELL

Chit chat
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

I'm missing the /cast deathgrip /yell GET OVER HERE!

macro :/
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

sudo wrote:I'm missing the /cast deathgrip /yell GET OVER HERE!

macro :/

I dont macro that, I do it myself infront of the computer. Also Im wearing a black ninjamask on special occasions. ;)

Though I find it weird that no one is yelling "FINISH HIM!" when the boss is at 1% hp :S
"Dont try to argue with idiots. They will only dumb it down to their level and beat you with experience."
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Sar wrote:Some impressions from a DK point of view since patch 4.0.1.

First off, all three dps specs (Unholy, 2H frost and DW frost) are performing pretty much neck to neck compared to eachother - give or take 2-3% difference depending on fight. Also there are no big boosts or nerfs planned on beta so far (except for 5% str nerf to unholy might) which should indicate that we are close to par on where we should be i.e. theoretically tied with other hybrid melee classes such as warriors, shamans, druids and palas.

Though we seem to be a bit ahead of druids, palas and shamans atm, DK:s cant expect as much upscaling (aside from gear) at lvl 85 as other classes might do. Simply because we dont have any valuable choices for talents for the remaining 5 talentpoints and no new dps increasing keyabilities waiting for us at higher lvl (aside from outbreak which is rather weak).

A common believe is that DK dmg has blown through the roof with the latest patch, but that is not really the case.
We have a lot more burst dmg post patch, so for 5 man hc dungeons (or even 10 mans), we can actually put out some dmg nowadays before the mob dies. Ramp up time is shortened drastically, which was a problem DK had pre patch.
A second aspect is the fact that Blizz has gone bananas with the nerf bat on buffs, so as compensation for the weaker buffs we are not as depending on buffs from other classes as before. Likewise, we dont gain as much in a full raidbuff environment as before either.
Pre patch Id say that a full 25 man raidbuff gave us as much as 40-60% dps increase, while post patch its around 20-40%. That ofc excludes the ridiculous 30% ICC imba buff.
So to conclude it, while you can easily squeeze out 10k+ on the dummy these days, you cant expect that much of dps increase in a raidenvironment as before.

In my current gear, Im looking at about 800-1000 dps increase depending on luck of RNG, max buffed.

Gearwise, the gap between "less good geared" compared to "BiS geared" have been shortened. Simply because of the fact that reforging allows you to easily reach the softcap for haste. That goes especially for Unholy and 2H frost.
Once hit capped and haste capped there are really no other viable options for unholy for reforge into (no, exp cap is of little to none importance for UH DK:s) and with gear at around 264ilvl, that cap is pretty much reachable with no reforging at all.

Story is a bit different for frost though where mastery is strong.
Very nice reading there Sar, how is the new sword? -Amazing-

lolollol
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

:D

Like I said, its BiS! I think a camel mount to go with that amazing sword would actually be the perfect combination.

...And oh yeah, that helmet of yours!
"Dont try to argue with idiots. They will only dumb it down to their level and beat you with experience."
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Sar wrote::D

Like I said, its BiS! I think a camel mount to go with that amazing sword would actually be the perfect combination.

...And oh yeah, that helmet of yours!
haha ye, it looked so funny with that wrong shapen dildo to sword and those teeth of yours!

that helmet young sir is the GLADIATOR!
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

Came up with a slightly different rotation for Unholy compared to the basic one you can read up on EJ, so Im posting a vid on that subject.

The idea with this rotation is to keep the rotation a bit more steady and fluent over long sets of dpsing. Also its slightly easier in terms of babysitting your runes, depending on what preferences you got.

Not the most exciting stuff to watch maybe - but who knows, it might come in handy for someone. Lots of DK alts in SM if not ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mPCKlbmSrw
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

Sar wrote:Thought Id share some of my DK macros. If they are useful to you depends on playstyle, spec and purpose I guess. Ive only posted the macros I use for Unholy spec since you can easily convert them into Frost spec macros by just changing Unholy Frenzy to Pillar of Frost; or Scourge Strike to Obliterate for example. Also some are very PvP specific, which ones I think is quite obvious.

UNHOLY MACROS

DPS MACRO
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Unholy Frenzy
/cast Summon Gargoyle
This macro basically pops all my dps cools except for potion of speed, which I have binded seperatly since Im cheap and dont always want to blow a expensive pot :P and Dark Transformation since its depending on having 5 stacks of DC buffs up.

GNAW FOCUS
/cast [@focus] Leap
/cast [@focus] Gnaw
The ghoul leaps and gnaws my focustarget.

LICHBORNE
/cast !Lichborne;
/cast [target=player] Death Coil
Cast Lichborne on first press and automatically casts Death Coil on yourself if you keep spamming the button for some insane selfheal.

PvP stance
/cast Unholy Presence
/cast Blood Presence
Switches between offensive and defensive stance with one button press.

PvE stance
/cast Unholy Presence
/cast Frost Presence
Switches between the offensive presences depending on spec and fight i.e. Unholy presence for single target and Frost presence for AoE (for Unholy spec).

STRANGULATE FOCUS
/cast Blood Tap
/cast [@focus] Strangulate
/cancelaura Blood Tap

SCOURGE STRIKE
/startattack
/cast Scourge Strike
/cast Rune Strike
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
Starts autoattack, and pops Rune Strike whenenver that procs (and spams it if Im in Blood presence). Also removes the annoying red text that says �Ability is not ready yet� if I dont have a RS proc ready when using SS.

FESTERING STRIKE
/startattack
/cast Festering Strike
/cast Rune Strike
Same as above, just with FS instead.

PLAGUE STRIKE
/startattack
/cast Plague Strike
/cast Rune Strike
Same as above, just with PS instead.

DEATH STRIKE
/startattack
/cast Death Strike
/cast Rune Strike
...And the DS version of it.

CHAINS OF ICE FOCUS
/cast [@focus] Chains of Ice
Casts Chains of Ice on my focustarget without untargetting my current target.

DEATH GRIP FOCUS
/cast [@focus] Death Grip
Death Grips my focustarget without untargetting my current target.

DEATH COIL PET
/cast [target=pet] Death Coil
Heals my ghoul without untargetting my current target.

PET
/cast [@pet,exists,nodead] Death Pact; Raise Dead
/use Fel Healthstone
Raises my ghoul if he is dead, sacs him if he is alive and pops a Healthstone if available.

TOTEM KNOCKDOWN
/petattack [@mouseover]

ANTI TRAP/SAP/SHEEP ON YOUR HEALER
/cast [@name of healer] Unholy Frenzy

CANCELAURA
/cancelaura Blood Tap
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Lichborne
/cancelaura Ice block
Edited and updated :)
Jolli
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Jolli »

Death Knights: Improved Death Strike now provides 40/80/120% bonus damage, up from 30/60/90%, and a 10/20/30% critical strike bonus, up from 3/6/9%.

This will help on improving the add damage on Alysrazor alot.
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

Jolli wrote:Death Knights: Improved Death Strike now provides 40/80/120% bonus damage, up from 30/60/90%, and a 10/20/30% critical strike bonus, up from 3/6/9%.

This will help on improving the add damage on Alysrazor alot.
Yay! :P