Nihilum dead.

Chit chat
Pellaagarion
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Pellaagarion »

sudo wrote:the georgina verbaan thing is much more interesting anyway !
hahaha true :P

but I love the new 1 april wow class :D would be realy a class for me
http://www.wow-europe.com/wrath/feature ... dclass.xml
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

The Molten Core console game looks cute too.

Are those the real concept art pictures for MC btw?
- They look bloody awesome. Now that's a Magmadar.
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

those are TCG images from "Molten Core" Raiddeck, most of the images are courtesy of Aleksi Briclot a french concept artist/videogame art director. Not sure about the Lucifron one tho, as his site (http://www.aneyeoni.com/) isnt updated in a long time :)

Before Blizzard drafted Wang Wei (http://blizzardart.deviantart.com) for TBC, they could never have pulled off so good a concept or promo image tbh...Samwise, Metzen, all the old blizzard artists are a joke when it comes to drawing skills.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Bards owned in Everquest :P
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

grats on admitting you owe 300g to fenz
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

We however do feel that the gate locking system Blizzard has put in place is plain out stupid, even though this April fools joke wasn't intended as a means to "whine" about the issue

Oh no? Sorry Nihi, i misjudged :?

Tbh seems to me Nihilums is becoming less about pioneering wow and more about primadonnas.
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

Well the locking system _is_ retarded, it's a way of wasting more time - as they need us to waste our fucking time, just to wait for the beta stage of WotlK to release.

I wasn't aware of myself that Awake stopped, that's why I pretty muched believed in this
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

yes, well the locking sistem might be a bit stupid, BUT its a driving force for a massive-scale server event. Was AQ gate stupid?

Also I dont see other guilds QQ so vocally. Every second word on nihilum's site is "locked gates are stupid". Kudos to them that they managed to turn a guild in a mmo into a profitable organisation, but thats taking it too far. They dont make the rules, blizzard makes them, and for everyone, not for some 20 pseudo-elitists. And if they wanna stay on top, better arm themselves with patience and play the game by its rules. Everyone can be a winner on their own terms. "Let's have all the gates opened and see who's best!", why dont you work those dailies faster, you get gates on your server opened before everyone else, you enter first. prob?
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

The activity pre-TBC in WoW was insane compared to now, and all the good guilds obviously was on the heavy high populated servers DUE to no transfers (more people = in theory more good players). So back then, the top of PvE obviously would have the gates opened first.

The AQ gates was a bit retarded yes, but a fun event - but it's still nothing like this. This is not an AQ gate, you'll have to unlock constantly during this event - which means it's very easy (as a hardcore PvE guild) to take advantage.

Many of the good guilds tend to flee to low pop. servers, Boulderfist etc - so obviously they'll have a harder time opening the gates.

We are after all customers, and if they don't "satisfy" us, then they won't be able to continue this game. As you can see, from the response Nihilum got from this April joke, I think this kinda proves that the hardcore guilds actually means quite a lot to WoW (as a game) - many people look up to them, and it's sort of those that maintain "the respect" wow have :p
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

awake got kicked out of nihilum for being a primadonna control freak, he didnt 'stop playing' :)

and closed gates are retarded. but I can see why they do it, artificial way of making sure there's new content for awhile.
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Kozu wrote: We are after all customers, and if they don't "satisfy" us, then they won't be able to continue this game. As you can see, from the response Nihilum got from this April joke, I think this kinda proves that the hardcore guilds actually means quite a lot to WoW (as a game) - many people look up to them, and it's sort of those that maintain "the respect" wow have :p
This is the constant problem faced by all game creators (even though the problem is non more noticeable than in an MMO), that even tho they should listen somewhat to the playerbase to maintain a good relationship with it and it does have some good ideas they must not let go of their vision of the game. Because, lets face it, no part of the playerbase has a good overview (or even a overview, period) of the game as a whole. Players are selfish and must not gain control of a game, no matter how hard they complain but neither must they be ignored.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Jhorar wrote:Players are selfish and must not gain control of a game, no matter how hard they complain but neither must they be ignored.
Kinda like women then !
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

Akaza wrote:
Jhorar wrote:Players are selfish and must not gain control of a game, no matter how hard they complain but neither must they be ignored.
Kinda like women then !
Kinda like all humans.... :P
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

It just means that the game is healthy.
As long as people complain, it means the game's healthy.
Once your players stop complaining that's when you're in trouble - since that means they stopped caring about your game.

As for the gates? That's a new system for progression they're testing.
It's brilliant IMO.
It allows them to pace guilds, preventing them from scarfing down the cookie jar in under an hour and then complain to mommy for the remainder of the week that the cookies are gone.

Right now guilds that have recently gotten a few Illidan kills under their belts can probably do Kalecgos but are stumped by Brutallus.
Currently Brutallus' tuned to be an incredible effort for guilds that have farmed Illidan and all of Black Temple/Mount Hyjal for at least half a year.
That implies best-of-slot material from Tier 6 content being required to have a hair raising just-in-time or just-not-in-time finish of Brutallus.

I'm still holding strong that Sunwell's Agamath, the first gate, will stay locked till mid to late May; 14th or 20th of May.
At that point the gate'll be broken and Brutallus'll be made accessible without every other guild having to suffer 6 months of stagnant farming before getting deeper into Sunwell.

Of course, the Eredar Twins'll be tuned for the 6-month-farm guilds initially; obviously.
That fits the reports from the PTR as well, guilds dubbing the latest revision of that encounter to be slanted more towards "brute force" rather then finesse or execution.