just curious, MTG?

Chit chat
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

just curious, MTG?

Post by Kozu »

yeah well,

I might as well boost my geek level while I can! Anybody in here play MTG? (Magic: The gathering). Yeah well, I sort of play it kinda serious... more or less all formats, gotta love it - so fun.

To people that doesn't know what MTG is, it's a (trading) card game, basicly the biggest and most popular in the world. There's over 9000 (heh yeah, notice the joke) different cards, which makes it quite complex. It's by far my favorit game by all times, even beats WoW!

I'm going here this year, hopefully to pwn :) So if we got any MTG nerds like myself, or you how any good old cards, let me know! :p

Or... if we have any french people in the guild let me know! I'd like a pair of these :p

anyways, was just bored
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

Soz if i switch subject fast :wink:

Kozu, what was the name of that page you linked long time ago where you could check the progress of different guilds?

Cheers
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

not sure If I've linked any of those pages here....

but I guess it'd be http://wowjutsu.com/world/
Mentos
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mentos »

Maybe not. Thanks for the quick answer tho, i was all confused about these SK Gaming guys owning WoW aswell as counter-strike!
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

Well, it's Curse...

you know the guild with Füra pre-TBC, that turned into MYM (Meet your makers) in TBC.

As apparently MYM was more focused on PvP than PvE, then they decided to join SK...

So from Curse to MYM to now SK.
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

I used to play it some (like 6 or 7 years ago). Don't own any cards though.

It was very fun, gl on the tournament.
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Played ALOT a 6-7 years ago. The my cardcollection when missing when moving and I just couldn't afford starting all over again. That stuff is expensive. :(
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

You should get in touch with Toenibbler, I know he was really into it and achieved some cool rewards (I think).

Personally I had some cards but when I played it they told me I should buy more cards with landscapes, which sucked, you want the cool bad ones dont you ? :?
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

I played years ago too, think i started around revised - fourth ed got tons of cards lying around, even bought some seventh edition boxes few years ago, but only played with friends, and he whom i now play with lives wayy north in sweden so i basically never play anymore, but it's loads of fun, but expensive to buy cards and i got no money to do so :'(

Last we played was around new years last year, we where just bored, and invented (i think) some new rules witch where actually quite fun, we made 40 card decks and we where only allowed 1 color and only 1 of each type of cards (except lands ofcource) witch was fun since you know when you killed his royal assassin he did not have another one lurking around on the hand :D

making decks is really fun, and then we had 6-8 decks we just randomed a color and played until we made a few new ones :)

and yeah MTG is wicked fun :)
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

The thing about MTG, is it's actually pretty boring in the start and on a noob level - the higher you get, the funnier it gets. By getting more "high level" you'll experience some insane decks, and a lot more advanced playstyle.

If you don't wanna start spending money on MTG, but still feel like playing - you can try this out: http://www.magicworkstation.com/

I use it a lot myself, for deck testing etc!

If you want deck-"support", go to: http://starcitygames.com/

And just look at the right side, then you can click on tournaments sorted in different formats and just check out the decks!
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

dont go past ice age or whatever its called after that it all went south
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

still have a lot of cards but played i 10 years aggo is there a site were you can see value of the cards in euros/dollars:D
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

I used to play MTG really hardcore before i played WOW
was in the top 10 of holland of vintage (playing rainbow stacks fully powered)

been to paris and belgium a few times for tournaments (last paris tournament i played i was 13th out of 400 players)

http://www.morphling.de/top8decks.php?id=254 (me be nr 1 here)

ill log my horde char when your on so we can chat abit, been a while since i discusses about mtg :)
Kurghan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kurghan »

Right now i am training for the German nationals. I also play sometimes in Magic Online.

And yes i like the game since school :)
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

Toenibbler wrote:I used to play MTG really hardcore before i played WOW
was in the top 10 of holland of vintage (playing rainbow stacks fully powered)

been to paris and belgium a few times for tournaments (last paris tournament i played i was 13th out of 400 players)

http://www.morphling.de/top8decks.php?id=254 (me be nr 1 here)

ill log my horde char when your on so we can chat abit, been a while since i discusses about mtg :)
To make it easier, you can also just add me to MSN:

t_panum@yahoo.dk