Fenz
old man

How are you using this information?

Post by Fenz »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... post241109

Especially looking for WL macro's but al classes could help each other here :D

Found this for WL's in the thread:

Q u o t e:

Ok, thanks to Astryl on the UI forum, it looks like the Amplify Curse, Fel Domination and probably the ToEP macros can be updated so they don't require pressing twice.

These are untested, but here we go:

Amplify Curse if it's up (check the macro at the bottom to find the ID in your spellbook and change 16 to whatever location you have), then immediately also cast the highest rank of Curse of Agony.

/script local e, f, g = GetSpellCooldown(16, SpellBookFrame.bookType); if (f <= 0) then CastSpellByName("Amplify Curse"); SpellStopCasting();end; CastSpellByName("Curse of Agony");

First press Sac a voidwalker (only if it's up), second press activate Fel Domination if it's up and then summon a voidwalker (find Fel Dom in your spellbook and replace the 16 with the correct ID - front page for how to do it):

/script local a=CastSpellByName;local e,f,g=GetSpellCooldown(16, SpellBookFrame.bookType);if UnitCreatureFamily("pet") == "Voidwalker" then CastPetAction(5); elseif f<=0 then a("Fel Domination");SpellStopCasting();end; a("Summon Voidwalker");

ToEP and Shadowbolt (assumes lower trinket slot - use Trinket0Slot if it's in the upper). Will always activate if your target is a player, and if it's not a player and it's health is above 30%:

/script local a=GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket1Slot");local b,c=GetInventoryItemCooldown("player",a);if c <= 0 and (UnitHealth("target") > 30 or UnitIsPlayer("target")) then UseInventoryItem(a);SpellStopCasting();end CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt");

How to find the location of Fel Domination or Amplify Curse etc:

/script for id = 1, 180, 1 do local spellName, subSpellName = GetSpellName(id, SpellBookFrame.bookType);if spellName and string.find(spellName, "Fel Domination", 1, true) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage("ID is "..id, 1.0, 1.0, 0.5); end; end;

Change "Fel Domination" to "Amplify Curse" if that's what you are looking for. Use this ID in GetSpellCooldown instead of 16 that I use in the examples.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Just respecced 31/3/17

ive just need to have dots a while.

dont know if your super macros does anything more than my simple

/cast Amplify Curse
/script SpellStopCasting()
/cast Curse of Agony

since it picks highest rank CoA

and btw, must say that i love my new 3 dots and the shadowtrance 8)

corruption 666*1.1=733 (+300 something damage) 1033
CoA 1107*1.1=1217 (+300 something damage) 1517
Siphon 450*1.1=495 (+300 something damage) 795

=3345

and once every 3mins 1517 CoA gets 2126

just had to do some calcs 8)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

3 poins into? I think I am gonna stick with SL for now, I like the survivability of it + I have the 3 dots (corruption does most of my damage in AV).

I like the demonology tree too much to leave it but I might replace SL with Ruin someday because burst damage is still king in 1-1 & group PvP. This will probably only happen if they change CoA from a spell to a dot because I need something to keep stealthers from restealthing 8)

PS can't wait to test that ToEP/Shadowbolt macro. I hope it works because I often forget to use my ToEP.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

stop the noob threads!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Do not try to NINJA this thread Znow!! :twisted:

I wonder if you can squeeze in Cos into that ToEP macro..look into it Prinz!!1
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Rogue ninja?

CoS isnt possible to get in that macro since its affected by global cooldown.
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

Fenz wrote:Do not try to NINJA this thread Znow!! :twisted:

I wonder if you can squeeze in Cos into that ToEP macro..look into it Prinz!!1
dunno, have you tried the other macro's, because afaik it shouldn't be possible to do multiple things ( esp multiple spells ) with one button press.
i would assume that if it's possible now that it might be fixed soon.
ohhhh, clicky!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Slouken posted in that thread, it is allowed because it only works for a few spells per class. Saw an insta pyroblast macro in there somewhere :shock:
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

i see

well, insta pyroblast works because PoM does not trigger a global cooldown, so..

figure out if it's the same for CoS then :P
ohhhh, clicky!
Braidwood
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Braidwood »

My macros include remove curse and lazy "cast on self" macros:

/target Braidwood
/cast myspell (shift click from spellbook most reliable method)
/script TargetLastEnemy();

Which I use for remove curse, fire ward, frost ward, mana shield, mage armour, etc.

I also have heard you can use the /script StopSpellCasting()

to make PoM instant, but as I use it with different spells depending on the situation (e.g. sheep, pyro, frostbolt, even flamestrike in pvp) I'm considering whether to clog my UI with 2 or 3 additional macros. At the moment, I simply nestle the PoM type spells around the PoM button, so it is hardly a mouse move, even if it is 2 clicks.

I also use sheep macros to tell the party what is going on *but now use "polyhelper" mod.

Finally, I use macros for commonly said phrases: "drinking" "open trade window for water" "omfg noob why did you do that? or is that a stupid question"
Braidwood
Sergeant
Sergeant

While I'm at it...

Post by Braidwood »

While I'm at it... some ninja-ed macros from other guilds:

Always wondered when i look at peoples screenies, what those macros do that i see. Was wondering if we could put together a list of what people to use make the life of a mage that bit easier. So if you know of any useful mage macros, please feel free to post here and hopefully we can get a nice list together.

Would also like some funny ones aswell, will list one that i use below and you would be suprised how many people dont bug you anymore.

I will edit my post from time to time and add to this post to stop people having to scroll through page after page !!!

Thanks in advance...

-Funny-

/s Sorry haven't done lvl 55 water quest so the answer is no, again sorry...

-Combo's- (courtesy of Ramir)

/script SpellStopCasting()
/cast Counterspell()

/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Frostbolt(Rank 10)

-Funny- (courtesy of Doune)

/cast "Ice Block"
/target Doune
/cackle
/helpme
/pray
/cry

-Activate 2 trinkets in 1 key press - (courtesy of Dust)

/script t0 = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket0Slot");
/script t1 = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket1Slot");
/script UseInventoryItem(t0);
/script UseInventoryItem(t1);

Sheeping Macro: (courtesy Wyzik)

/script if UnitSex("target")==1 then g="F " else g="M " end;s="Poly "..g..UnitLevel("target").." %T";a=0;if GetPartyMember(1) then c="party" a=1 if GetNumRaidMembers()>0 then c="raid" end;end;if a>0 then SendChatMessage(s,c) end;
/cast Polymorph(Rank X)
---
Description: Informs your party (or raid) of the sex, level and name of your target and than casts Polymorph. If you arn't in a raid or party, you simply cast Polymorph.

Example:
/script if UnitSex("target")==1 then g="F " else g="M " end;s="Poly "..g..UnitLevel("target").." %T";a=0;if GetPartyMember(1) then c="party" a=1 if GetNumRaidMembers()>0 then c="raid" end;end;if a>0 then SendChatMessage(s,c) end;
/cast Polymorph(Rank 4)

De-curser: (courtesy Tagan)

/target [your characters name]
/cast Remove Lesser Curse
---
Description: Removes one curse from you.

Example:
/target Joe
/cast Remove Lesser Curse

Anti-totem: (courtesy Malakkeros, the Shaman community and Beau)

/target Earthbind Totem
/target Searing Totem
/target Magma Totem
/target Mana Spring Totem
/target Grounding Totem
/target Healing Stream Totem
/cast Shoot
---
Description: Shoots the last totem on the list above, that is in range.

Driveby Intellect Buff: (courtesy Gamwich)

/script r=[Rank] X;l={1,14,28,42,56};if not UnitIsFriend("player","target")then TargetUnit("player");end;t=UnitLevel("target");for i=r,1,-1 do if (t>=l[ i]-10) then CastSpellByName("Arcane Intellect(Rank "..i..")");break;end;end
---
Note: You must remove the space after the [ and before the i].
Description: Calculates the highest Intellect buff the target can use and casts it on the target.

Example:
/script r=5;l={1,14,28,42,56};if not UnitIsFriend("player","target")then TargetUnit("player");end;t=UnitLevel("target");for i=r,1,-1 do if (t>=l[ i]-10) then CastSpellByName("Arcane Intellect(Rank "..i..")");break;end;end
Note: You must remove the space after the [ and before the i].

Insta-Counterspell: (courtesy Jininji)

/script SpellStopCasting();
/cast Counterspell
---
Description: Stops casting any spell currently being cast, and casts Counterspell at your target.

Multi-water: (courtesy Beau)

/stand
/script if (UnitMana("player")>[Mana cost for your Conjure Water spell]) then CastSpellByName("Conjure Water(Rank X)") else UseContainerItem(0, 1); end;
---
Description: When you have more mana than it costs to cast your Conjure Water spell, it casts it. But if you have less mana than you need, you use the first item in your backpack; usually the water you just conjured (or you could put a mana potion in the first spot, for a faster pace).

Example:
/stand
/script if (UnitMana("player")>780) then CastSpellByName("Conjure Water(Rank 7)") else UseContainerItem(0, 1); end;

Hungry or Thirsty: (courtesy Pirdo)

/script if UnitHealth('player') / UnitHealthMax('player') < 0.8 then UseContainerItem(X1, X2); end
/script if UnitMana('player') / UnitManaMax('player') < 0.8 then UseContainerItem(X1, X2); end
---
Description: Eats if your health is below 80% and/or drinks if your mana is below 80%.
Note: X1 represents the bag number, from right to left; 0-4. X2 represents the space number inside the bag (X1), from left to right.

Example:
/script if UnitHealth('player') / UnitHealthMax('player') < 0.8 then UseContainerItem(0, 1); end
/script if UnitMana('player') / UnitManaMax('player') < 0.8 then UseContainerItem(0, 2); end

Hybrid Assist: (courtesy Graven)

/script ClearTarget();
/assist Character
---
Description: Clears your current target and targets the same target as the character you have inputed above.

Example:
/script ClearTarget();
/assist John

Self-bandage: (courtesy Napili)

/s Bandaging, don't heal me!
/target [your characters name]
/script UseContainerItem (X1, X2);
---
Description: Stops whatever you are doing, announces that you are bandaging yourself and promptly bandages you.
Note: X1 represents the bag number, from right to left; 0-4. X2 represents the space number inside the bag (X1), from left to right.

Example:
/s Bandaging, don't heal me!
/target Joe
/script UseContainerItem (0, 1);

Shut up: (courtesy Kikyo)

/say No, I don't have time to make you free stacks of water, unless you want to pay me XG per stack.
/script CancelTrade()
---

Description: You simply say the above and than automaticly cancel the trade.

Example:
/say No, I don't have time to make you free stacks of water, unless you want to pay me 5G per stack.
/script CancelTrade()

Detect Clearcasting: (courtesy Creo)

/script local q; local t;for i=0,15,1 do t=GetPlayerBuffTexture(i); if (t and string.find(t, "ManaBurn")) then q=1; break; end; end; if(q ~= nil) then CastSpellByName("Arcane Missiles(Rank X)") else CastSpellByName("[Spell you use often](Rank X)"); end;
---
Description: Use as a normal spell key-binding, except if you gain Clearcasting before you cast it it will cast Arcane Missles instead.

Example:
/script local q; local t;for i=0,15,1 do t=GetPlayerBuffTexture(i); if (t and string.find(t, "ManaBurn")) then q=1; break; end; end; if(q ~= nil) then CastSpellByName("Arcane Missiles(Rank 7)") else CastSpellByName("Scorch(Rank 7)"); end;

My Sheep Macro....much like the one the macro dude above posted but with the all important BAAA! :P (courtesy of Frenzi)

/script if UnitCanAttack("player","target") then SendChatMessage("Sheeping Lvl "..UnitLevel("target").." "..UnitName("target").."......BAAA!","raid") CastSpellByName("Polymorph(Rank 4)"); end

Change the raid for say/yell/party/guild and that is where your message will appear....guild is fun :P
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

do you like pie?

ok, one question, those extended macros arent useful for rogues right?
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

some are, but i think they're usually buttonmash macro's for rogues...don't know which abilities of yours don't trigger global cooldown
ohhhh, clicky!
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://syllani.sy.funpic.org/?cat=11

Only been using raptor+wingclip+mongoose bite in a single button and feign/freeze last one really.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

ok, one question, those extended macros arent useful for rogues right?
Saw a gouche/bandage macro in that thread and a few combopoints macro's I think.