projector

Chit chat
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

projector

Post by Meek »

gonna order an projector tomorrow and projectorscreen.
price range 10-15k
req.
lcd
dlp
hdmi
16:9
720lp or higher (1020lp?)
low noise
i can place projector basically where í want and how far/close i want.
dont matter if i have to dampen the lighting or not, thats not a problem, i can manage to do pitch black in here if i want with little effort.

projector screen 3-5k
90" and up

anyone got any suggestions? bad experince or good, any tip is useful.

examples;
projector; Panasonic PT-AX100E
dvd player/recorder Sony RDR-HX650
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

I have a ptae100 (older model) since 3-4 years or so, and it has given me countless (since i reset the lamp every now and then) hours of joy.

Im not up to date about todays projectors but a few things to think about...

Lamp hours:
Sais 2000hours on the one you linked, not sure if you can run that one in low mode, mine has 2000h in high and 5000h in low mode.
Think mine has gone 5k+ h. Some manufacturers are said to up the power to the lamp the longer it has run and i know friends lamps that has gon *poof* at the exact time the lamp was said to last.
Therefore get a lamp you can run for long (2k is not much imo), and remember to _reset_ the timer every 1k h or so.
When the lamp starts to get week, yellow/green is for most users i know the dominat color, adjust RedGreenBlue to get a better picture.

Size:
90" is impressive and cool, i have 99" widescreen, but for laid back TV etc, i never use widescreen since it gets to big, its not relaxing to watch a screen that big for a long time. Movies are often in cinema size (black lines in 16:9) and nice to watch at that size, but true 16:9 are just not worth to watch fullscreen most times.
My viewing distance abit less than 4m.

When youre building a frame, because you are going to get one....right, try to think about that, if i had been able to redo my frame today i would have cut of ~10" or so. Zoom to a nice view on the wall and the start building.

Mounting:
I like to be under ;)

If your room size is ok, get a small CRT TV wall stand since it costs a fraction of a ceiling mount for projectors and cable connections get much more clean.

Widescreen:
Get a true widescreen, guess most projectors today are so it shouldnt be a problem. When you shoot the picture the dark edges will still get lit up, not much but imo anying on 4:3 projectors since the picture gets much higher than normal.

Light:
To get a good picture the 10days a year there is sun in Sweden you _will_ need to have a dark room, getting a projector with high ANSI lumen will result in the picture "bouncing" back at you during bright sceens, like ice hockey matches where the ice can seem to glow.
To aviod this, use low mode and get a good screen.

GL pagémannen :)
Feel free to question anything you want :)
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Aenima
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Aenima »

Got TX200 but this one is kinda alike.

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=122318

Really good one. Check reviews at the link.