WoW Patch problems :/

Chit chat
Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

WoW Patch problems :/

Post by Abbath »

Well though there was some nice things in the patch iwe heard it fucks up a lot of ppls WoW, and i think that inclueds mine :/

After the patch, every time i log in, i cannot se my character, allmost all ppl in game are seen as Unknown Entity, my whole inventory is big ?:s
and after a minute or so i get disconnected :(

Anyone have an idea if it's the patch thats fucked, of if it's my isp. My isp is realy worthless btw :(
flame
El Complicatore

Re: WoW Patch problems :/

Post by flame »

Abbath wrote:Well though there was some nice things in the patch iwe heard it fucks up a lot of ppls WoW, and i think that inclueds mine :/

After the patch, every time i log in, i cannot se my character, allmost all ppl in game are seen as Unknown Entity, my whole inventory is big ?:s
and after a minute or so i get disconnected :(

Anyone have an idea if it's the patch thats fucked, of if it's my isp. My isp is realy worthless btw :(

Abbath,

I experienced some strange things with the new patch. I am sure some of them have to do with the Blizzard own addons,
One of them bwing unable to send mail.
I could not be bothered with it anymore and I have quickly re-installed wow. If you do, make sure you copy the pactches into the wow directory out, so you dont have to download them again.
I really dont think this is a ISP/connection problem but more a data related one.
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Deleting your interface folder / upgrading your addons tends to help too
Try deleting your WDB / WTF folders while you're at it
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

I get an error everytime I try to use the number key's: (1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 and maybe even 0 and 5). says there is an error with interface/framXML/actionbutton.lua
But, when I try to move or delete it, off course all my "hotkeys" disapeer, and an error message pops up and can't be closed.

anyone else got that problem, or is it just my norwegian ass that get's mocked?
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Gaar wrote:I get an error everytime I try to use the number key's: (1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 and maybe even 0 and 5). says there is an error with interface/framXML/actionbutton.lua
But, when I try to move or delete it, off course all my "hotkeys" disapeer, and an error message pops up and can't be closed.

anyone else got that problem, or is it just my norwegian ass that get's mocked?
Hrothulf had the same problem
Deleting his interface, WDB and WTF folders worked for him .... suggest you try it :)
Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Abbath »

tried to move my interface folder but that didn't work. Will try to unistall later today when i get home. Seems to be a lot of problems with this patch :( My frind Cattletanks wow crashed totaly, got spammed with error messages all the time.

Will try to handle it later today, thx for the help m8s :D
Vigz
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Vigz »

I had same problem Abbath. Had a lot of players/npc's being unkown entities. My mage couldn't see himself and when I finished epic staff quest on priest I got an unkown item in my inventory instead of the staff. All you have to do is delete every file in the WDB folder. That fixed all my problems.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

only big problem I have is I cant read or write mails due to a font missing .. guess Ill start deleting shit in interface :x
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

One tip if you do decide to reinstall. There is a universal patch to 1.6.0 available. Using this one reduces the amount of patches needed to install a lot. :P (only 1.6->1.7->1.8 or so, instead of 1.3->1.4->1.5 etc etc).
Jump in!
Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Abbath »

Tried that one to Vigz, but it did't work. I have reinstalled it now, patching it atm. It will be a long, hard night for my computer :S
Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Abbath »

Well i have tried to reinstall, and tried all of the tips you have posted, sadly none of them worked :( Think i will try to reinstall once again and see if that helps. If not, someone @ blizzard hq will be raped tonight......
Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Abbath »

Victory!

At last i have solved the problem, thanks to a thread on the wow technical support forum. The solution was to turn hardware checksumming of on your network card.

Well Abbath is back in black....to bad i dont get to rape someone @ blizzard :(