Private

The so called "Shamans Rejoice" thread

Post by Shataz »

Welcome to Rivendale Mr. Anderson
flame
El Complicatore

Re: The so called "Shamans Rejoice" thread

Post by flame »

Shataz wrote:this is what we are waiting for!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... post128739
Dont see the bit where it says we will be able to wear plate there... :/
Am I amissing something?
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

LOL, there aren't any real issues in that thread. Unsurprisingly though, since shammies are one of the few finished classes.
Jump in!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

xen wrote:LOL, there aren't any real issues in that thread. Unsurprisingly though, since shammies are one of the few finished classes.
Hmmm, finished classes? Strange you say that after a thread claming some of the new warlock talents are unbalanced...
More and more tho I can see (from that thread) that the emphasis continues to be the "healing" side of the shaman. Considering this is only part of one talent tree, i find it a bit crap. Tho, we did enjoy a whole period of overpowerdeness in the past (tho, again, this was when people did not know how to handle a shaman).
Stormstriker continues to be a crap end tree talent. Over emphasis on totem talents also a bit crap (since they can be destroyed in one hit, etc etc). Let's wait and see what the future reserves.
Last edited by flame on 13 Oct 2005, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

It *was* finished Xen, now that Warlocks, Hunters and Druids are buffed and Paladins, Mages, Priests and Rogues are up next... once all of that is done, Shamans need to be "realigned" in their proper position.

:P
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

sneek wrote:It *was* finished Xen, now that Warlocks, Hunters and Druids are buffed and Paladins, Mages, Priests and Rogues are up next... once all of that is done, Shamans need to be "realigned" in their proper position.

:P
Maybe the Shaman Zeppelin to the devs secret island is broke or the goblins went on a strike! :/
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

flame wrote:Hmmm, finished classes? Strange you say that after a thread claming some of the new warlock talents are unbalanced...
Warlocks still aren't finished. The problem with Blizzard is that they keep changing stuff other than the main issues, and does so with questionable logic. Noone called for faster DoTs: dispelling is an issue. This change will not affect it, since good decursers can still remove them before even one tick has passed. So in effect, this makes warlocks stronger against bad players, but it still doesn't matter against good players. Noone called for insta-cast, improved Conflagrate either. One thing we did finally get last patch was our method of escaping (and I indeed think the way they implemented it is overpowered), but the community is still waiting for changes to the whole shard issue (having to farm to even be able to use spells and pets?? - nowadays I almost completely forgo the use of pets besides the Imp, since you lose them so often, doesn't that seem abit odd?) and end-game pet thing hasn't been touched either. The last thing will hopefully be changed next patch, but I'm not sure with what they'll come up this time.
Jump in!
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

flame wrote:
xen wrote:LOL, there aren't any real issues in that thread. Unsurprisingly though, since shammies are one of the few finished classes.
Hmmm, finished classes? Strange you say that after a thread claming some of the new warlock talents are unbalanced...
More and more tho I can see (from that thread) that the emphasis continues to be the "healing" side of the shaman. Considering this is only part of one talent tree, i find it a bit crap. Tho, we did enjoy a whole period of overpowerdeness in the past (tho, again, this was when people did not know how to handle a shaman).
Stormstriker continues to be a crap end tree talent. Over emphasis on totem talents also a bit crap (since they can be destroyed in one hit, etc etc). Let's wait and see what the future reserves.
well, im pretty sire this is only a part of what they will change when it finally comes to the shaman changes. at least i hope so, since every other class so far have been VERY changed. atleast they should really change a couple of talents and stuff imo
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

xen wrote:
flame wrote:Hmmm, finished classes? Strange you say that after a thread claming some of the new warlock talents are unbalanced...
Warlocks still aren't finished. The problem with Blizzard is that they keep changing stuff other than the main issues, and does so with questionable logic. Noone called for faster DoTs: dispelling is an issue. This change will not affect it, since good decursers can still remove them before even one tick has passed. So in effect, this makes warlocks stronger against bad players, but it still doesn't matter against good players. Noone called for insta-cast, improved Conflagrate either. One thing we did finally get last patch was our method of escaping (and I indeed think the way they implemented it is overpowered), but the community is still waiting for changes to the whole shard issue (having to farm to even be able to use spells and pets?? - nowadays I almost completely forgo the use of pets besides the Imp, since you lose them so often, doesn't that seem abit odd?) and end-game pet thing hasn't been touched either. The last thing will hopefully be changed next patch, but I'm not sure with what they'll come up this time.
Well, it does not surprise me that the decision to change classes came after the introduction of a great PVP element into the game. As usual we can (more on some than others) split a pvp tree from a pve one. It does not susprise me that quite a few of these changes are geared twrds pvp, and some go as far as being very specific against big PVP raids (even if they imbalance a 1v1 experience). In the end we do have raid pvp instances and not 1v1 ones! :)
When balancing a class there must be a "situation" to rule yourself by, and I really do thinks that the main one is the pvp battlegrounds. more I feel that 1v1 pvp is not really a consideration sometimes, reason why we see so called "imbalances". Either way, I digress... BUFF SHAMANS! :)
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

.... its dated 12 of may 2005.

its 13th of october now, 5 moths has passed ? .... saw that along time ago now its kinda outofdate.. they only managed to fix one thing since that post, the soulstone ankh thing.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well brother not everyone is as in love with bloodlust as shataz

i think hell offer to have all the developers babies once they implement it
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

Gorlom wrote:.... its dated 12 of may 2005.

its 13th of october now, 5 moths has passed ? .... saw that along time ago now its kinda outofdate.. they only managed to fix one thing since that post, the soulstone ankh thing.
yes i know gorlom, but since its still up on the forums im pretty sure they will fix a couple of those things in the "shaman love patch" that will come sometime next year :S

which means that from an idea to the actual making of the idea blizzard takes about a year :O