the migration discussion on realm forum is stupid

Chit chat
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

the migration discussion on realm forum is stupid

Post by Morlog »

the arguments posted by some allys are mindboggling "but if all allys move well have the same problem as here" well why would you move all allys of the server? why not move some allys of the server to neptulon? or are the all siamese twins? two or three guilds that are large move, that should be somewhere around 300-500 people transfering wich would alevate the problem to some extent on TH and help the poor allys out in Neptulon

dont really know how many allies that would have to move actually

the funny thing is that the horde on neptulon is starved for pvp kinda like i imagine the allys on TH is. i wonder if the allys that claim they want pvp so much will grow tired of it when the shoe is on the other foot and they get ganked while trying to do anything in contested.

well this is mostly mindless rambling so dont mind me
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Makes sense mate,

what keeps amazing me is the lack of info about the server which people are moving to. Lack of control, I mean, the purpose of the migration is to solve population problem and there is no control over who will migrate. There is a chance they will fcuk up the migration and both servers if done incorrectly. Puzzles me...
Last time they had to actully be told to at least put the dates on somewhere, so people were at least aware when the migration would finish...
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

this time they dont want dates though as the have to pull the plug mid transfer if the ratios get skewed sincve otherwise both servers are screwed and start to whine about migration
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Morlog wrote:this time they dont want dates though as the have to pull the plug mid transfer if the ratios get skewed sincve otherwise both servers are screwed and start to whine about migration
Hehe, that kind of insight is amazing, can you imagine the amount of planning that it has gone into it...? :)
I bet they have a big WARNING red light going off with a loud noise (often mistaken with the fire alarm) everytime there is a migration going on, and the server gets full... I can just see someone taking the plug out or quickly turning off the migratiometer so they dont mess things up!!!
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yeah it's pretty sad the few opinions I've seen floating around.
Then again - one of them is a frequent forumposter from The Silver Horde that's been known to flap his mouth over everything - being rude, blunt and arrogant all combined into a glorious unity.

- "Hmm, but then outdoor raid bosses would be harder to do" (afaik, TSH is one of three Alliance guilds who, at least post-patch, got kazzak and azuregos monopolized).

- "Oh noes, we'll outnumber Horde again! This sucks! I don't want to move for fear of ending up IN THE EXACT SAME MESS" (fear of taking chances).

- "Ehm, no, I'm fine here really. No really." (Alliance severely outnumbered on Neptulon? MOVE? Are you NUTS?)