Off-topic allowed? (Downloading ROMs)

Chit chat
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

kotr > all :)

ff7 was great, I really liked ffx and ffx-2 also .. ffIX I hated .. dunno, too lineair for me
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

I love the kind of fantasy from IX, maybe that's why it's my favourite- VII was very futuristic, VIII was kind of futuristic but olde as well, X again was a bit meh, but IX was great, with knights, wizards, princesses, battling kingdoms, palaces, dragons, it just had everything that i love in an RPG. The worst bit about IX was definitely **spoiler alert :P** That dumb final boss they almost randomly added on at the end after you killed Kuja, though, just didn't make sense.

love the final sequences to VII and IX, though
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

My best FF7 moment was when I was showing Hina how uber that Underwater Weapon was (Underwater Weapon was the most powerful mob in-game I think, more powerful than the endboss). So I engaged combat, waiting for him to use one of his uber attacks. I just happened to have Caed Sith (dunno about spelling) in my party. His limit came up, and you can guess what happened. :D
Jump in!
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

omg, bastard, was that the lucky 7s slots!? i tried that guy, suffice to say the 'Game Over' music played quite a few times :o

i think my favourite boss was that one that came out of the safe in Nibelheim Mansion, i really hated that one in Wutai that don corneo summoned, it had that IWIN button called Aero or something :( i was always too low level for him
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Still want to play FF9 :P
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

:D another ffix fanboi!!
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Yeah I was hooked on FF7 and FF8. I was one of few people that really liked FF8 :P

FF7 I almost cried when Aeris died :(
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

Hehe, I won't even tell you some of the emotions I went through, it;s really embarrassing and makes me feel kinda geeky looking back on those games, lol. Suffice to say there are several tear-jerking moments in VII and IX!
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Yes and knowing you you had some jerking-moments as well on Tifa.
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

No way! I hated her so much, really, ugh, her and Barrett, hated them. Cloud + Red XIII + Yuffie is the ultimate team
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Yuffie was cool yes :) Cloud/RedXIII and Yuffie was my first team to beat Sephiroth too. Though later it went better with Cloud, Tifa (good limit break though) and Yuffie. Aeris was my favourite character though, she was powerful, and I buffed her completely with stuff....then she died. I think I cried mostly because of all the effort I put into making her uber haha.
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

Yeah, I played it a lot with my best mate (who's also Stelf in SM), we loved Aeris too, and we didn't know she was gonna die so it was like the biggest shock ever in a game. I have played through VII quite a lot so I have tried Tifa, and I do have to say that the more times I played through it, the more I liked her, but she's just so... meh, boring and lovey-dovey. I would have had Cait Sith in my final party but I think his weapons were crap and Yuffie;s are by far the best- what was your party in FFIX, then?
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

I never played FFIX, I still need to play it :) I played FF7 and FF8 on the PC, since I don't have a PlayStation (yet...) and FF9 never came out for PC!!!!!! I even tried copying Jinx's FF9 CD's and run it on a PS-emulator on the PC, but it didn't work. Probably because Jinx terrorized the CD's though.

My favourite FF8 party however was Squall, Rinoa (the 2 uber main characters with insane limits) and Selphie for healing.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

The worst thing about the whole Aeris dying thing is that originally they planned on her being resurrected afterwards. But due to time constraints they left that out. :) That's also why she has higher rank limit breaks, which you won't hit normally.
Jump in!
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

am i the only one that rotates my chars so theyre all equally strong just because i hate when a storyline moment has you alone with your least favourite char and hence the weakest aswell

and Cid, Vincent and Barret? you didnt like any of them?
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind