Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

WARLOCKS

Post by Lateralus »

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GbIkh ... AoVcot:zqT

gaer http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... hinaniganz

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... nz&group=1

Since most of the stuff was out of date on the first page im gonna replace it in the future.. for now i just gather a few links =)

Warlock Macros:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=59330730
http://www.arenajunkies.com/macros/warlock/#tar7

Good Warlock Raid Thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=11381260

DPS Calculator:
http://ferox-horde.de/downloads/4/warlockdps.php

http://beta.worldofraids.com/burning_cr ... s/warlock/

Use "wandslot" for both wand and spellstone without changing keybind etc
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/cast Shoot
/use Master Spellstone
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Amp Agony
/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting
/cast Curse of Agony

Bandage
/use [target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage

Amp COEX
/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting
/cast Curse of Exhaustion

alt.
/cast [modifier:shift] Amplify Curse
/stopcasting

Normal Click, it castes CoEx, Shift Click, it castes Amplified CoEx

Summon
Summoning %t... clicky
/cast Ritual of Summoning

Dispell someone else
/cast [target=Gupim] Devour Magic

[ b ] = change person numnuts

/script SetRaidTarget('target',4)
/cast Banish

Hi ive been searching around and I realized that we do not have a macro specific thread, so I thought i might make one, because I use macroes alot to uptimize my gameplay :)

I think that good preparation is what makes an outcome of a battle, so first the "passive" macroes :)

Buffing:
This is quite good to have in the preparation time before the Arena starts, it's very fast to buff and quite easy. For selfbuffing just spam the button, for buffing other, select a friendly target and hold Ctrl while spam the button

/castsequence reset=N [nomodifier, target=player] Soul Link, Fel Armor,
Detect Invisibility, Unending Breath
/castsequence reset=N [modifier:ctrl] Detect Invisibility, Unending Breath

Healthstone:
This is good for raiding and Arena, hold Alt to create single Healthstone, hold Ctrl to create a Soul well.

#showtooltip Master Healthstone
/Use [nomodifier] Master Healthstone
/cast [modifier:alt] Create Healthstone
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Ritual of Souls

Spellstone:
This is a macro to create, equip and use a Spellstone in one macro.

#showtooltip Master Spellstone
/use [nomodifier] Master Spellstone
/equip [modifier:ctrl] Master Spellstone
/cast [modifier:alt] Create Spellstone

Soulstone:
This creates and use the Soulstone on your current selected target.

#showtooltip Master Soulstone
/use [nomodifier ] Master Soulstone
/cast [modifier:alt] Create Soulstone

Now we head on to the “aggressive� spells.

Curse of Exhaustion:
This will use the Amplify Curse and Curse of Exhaustion, which will reduce your target’s movementspeed by 50%

#showtooltip Curse of Exhaustion
/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting

You can use Trinkets in the macros by apply /use 13 and /use 14 - this is trinketslot 1 and 2.

Shadowbolt:
Use this macro when you are spamming shadowbolts.

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Shadow Bolt

Damage over Time:
Using this macro will apply all DoT’s which have no cast time.

/use 13
/stopcasting
/use 14
/stopcasting
/castsequence reset=combat/target Corruption, Siphon Life, Curse of Agony

Fear “mouseover�:
This macro fear the target which your mouse is over, If you do not have a mouseover target it will fear your current target.

#Showtooltip Fear
/cast [target=mouseover] Fear; Fear

Drain Life:
This macro will help you safe mana, It will only cast Drain Life if it is not channeled.

#showtooltip Drain Life
/cast [nochanneling:Drain Life] Drain Life

Drain Mana:
This macro will help you safe mana, It will only cast Drain Mana if it is not channeled.

#showtooltip Drain Mana
/cast [nochanneling:Drain Mana] Drain Mana

Now we head on to pet macros.

Fast Summoning macros, these macros will only use Fel Domination if you are in combat, but will summon normal if you are not.

Summon Imp:

#showtooltip Summon Imp
/cast [combat] Fel domination
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Imp

Summon Voidwalker:

#showtooltip Summon Voidwalker
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Voidwalker

Summon Succubus:

#showtooltip Summon Succubus
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Succubus

Summon Felhunter:

#showtooltip Summon Felhunter
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Felhunter

Summon Felguard:

#showtooltip Summon Felguard
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Felguard

Petattack/Totem kill:
This macro will order your pet to attack totems, the script runs from the bottom and up.

/petattack
/petattack [target=Searing Totem]
/petattack [target=Wrath of Air Totem]
/petattack [target=Grounding Totem]
/petattack [target=Windfury Totem]
/petattack [target=Mana Spring Totem]

Seduce/Spellock/Sacrifice:
This macro is the best pet macro of them all, it will uptimize your gameplay by 10!, Spell lock your focus target, Seduce your mouseover target, and use Sacrifice. Ofcourse in order of which pet you use.

/focus [modifier:alt]
/cast [pet:Succubus, target=mouseover] Seduction
/cast [pet:Felhunter, target=focus] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
/cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice; Sacrifice

Smart Devour:
Devour the members debuffs, runs from top to bottom.

/cast [pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic
/cast [pet:Felhunter, target=player1] Devour Magic
/cast [pet:Felhunter, target=player2] Devour Magic
/cast [pet:Felhunter, target=player3] Devour Magic

Some additional macros:

Bandage:
Will bandage youself

Swap Bars:
This macro will swap between action bar 1 and 2 when pressed, very nice because warlocks use so many different spells all the time.

/swapactionbar 1 2

[http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1514&sid=1]
[http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1010&sid=1]

Personal Macros (might allready be mentioned but just copy paste so i dont loose them)

/cast Ritual Of Summoning
/s ..assist summoning %t

inc AB
/script SendChatMessage(format('inc %s ',GetMinimapZoneText()),'Battleground');

safe AB
/script SendChatMessage(format('%s safe ',GetMinimapZoneText()),'Battleground');

/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting
/cast Curse of Agony

/use [target=player] Alterac Heavy Runecloth Bandage

/script SetRaidTarget('target',4)
/cast Banish

/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting

/cast [pet:Felhunter,target=player] Devour Magic

/use Master Healthstone
/use Major Healthstone
/use Charged Crystal Focus

/use Swift Nether Drake
/use Whistle of the Black War Raptor
/use Swift Olive Raptor
/use Great White Kodo
/use Horn of the Swift Gray Wolf

/cast Shoot
/use Master Spellstone

/s [Master HealthStone] 1/2
/cast Ritual of Souls

/use Master Spellstone
/equip Master Spellstone
/cast Create Spellstone

/use Tainted Core
/y <-------- Tainted Core to: %t !!!!
/s <-------- Tainted Core to: %t !!!!
/script SendChatMessage ("!!!! YOU HAVE THE CORE !!!!", "WHISPER", "orcish", UnitName("target"));

/petattack
/petattack [target=Searing Totem]
/petattack [target=Wrath of Air Totem]
/petattack [target=Grounding Totem]
/petattack [target=Windfury Totem]
/petattack [target=Mana Spring Totem]

Lag fix - Repost
I hesitated a lot before reposting it, but I didn't have any hate mail saying "omg you broke my computer !" the first time, so I'll assume it's fairly safe. (It's not like you'll be able to send a mail to complain if your computer isn't working anyway, right ?)

A few weeks ago I posted this fix from the ElitistJerks forums and it worked well for most of the people but it's not really safe and it was supposed to be fixed in 2.3.2, however it seems that the Nagle Algorythm fix in the 2.3.2 patch isn't as effective as expected for most of the players, and if you're in desperate need of a lower ping this is still the best way to go.

<><><> Read this first <><><>
1 - It might have side effects, like slowing down your download speed or affecting your performance on other softwares. (In most case, it doesn't change anything, but you've been warned)
2 - If you're not sure about what you're doing, just don't do it. I don't want to be responsible because you crashed your computer in some way because you made a huge error when editing the registry.
2.1 - Seriously, if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.
3 - If you don't have the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\ directory, you can download and apply this file to your registry.
4 - Windows Vista users might want to check this post too.

Source - Elitistjerks.com

1 - TcpAckFrequency - NOTE if you are running Windows Vista this setting may not have any effect - a hotfix is needed which i'm tracking down. This works fine under Windows XP

Type "regedit" in windows "run.." dialog to bring up registry menu

Then find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

There will be multiple NIC interfaces listed in there, find the one you use to connect to the internet, there will be several interfaces listed (they have long names like {7DBA6DCA-FFE8-4002-A28F-4D2B57AE8383}. Click each one, the right one will have lots of settings in it and you will see your machines IP address listed there somewhere. Right-click in the right hand pane and add a new DWORD value, name it TcpAckFrequency, then right click the entry and click Modify and assign a value of 1.

You can change it back to 2 (default) at a later stage if it affects your other TCP application performance. it tells windows how many TCP packets to wait before sending ACK. if the value is 1, windows will send ACK every time it receives a TCP package.

2 - TCPNoDelay
This one is pretty simple (Discussed here)

Type "regedit" in windows "run.." dialog to bring up registry menu

Then find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

Right-click in the right hand pane and add a new DWORD value, name it TCPNoDelay, then right click the entry and click Modify and assign a value of 1.

Click Ok and close the registry editor, then reboot your PC.

Once you're done with the technical stuff (it probably won't take more than 1 minute if you're not too bad at it), you can finally get your reward.

Even if in this case, the fix was used to decrease a very high ping, it seems to work very well on low (~100ms) ping for some people (lowered to ~20 or ~30ms).
Last edited by Lateralus on 07 Jul 2010, 10:05, edited 103 times in total.
Pano
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Pano »

OMG1!1! NEEEEERRRRRRFFFF!

(as if we all didn't know yet that Xen deals horrible amounts of damage)

:).
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, first of all, it is imba. :) It is already nice right now, after 1.8 it will become even more deadly... Personally, I think it's abit too much what we're getting this patch, but I guess I won't complain. :)

A couple of things though: first, the duration of Curse of Agony will be lowered to 24s, not 18s (still +25% extra dmg). And remember you can amplify it for even more damage (that would be ~2000 dmg over 24s :)). But I usually prefer Exhaustion over Agony (except against warriors). Second, I don't remember exactly how Immolate & +dmg interact, I think the DoT gets full +dmg and the DD part 43% or so (although I doubt +dmg gets applied twice). Finally, you probably won't have exclusive +magic dmg gear, some of it will be +shadow (RotV mainly), so Immolate will probably get a little bit less than the 300 you mentioned.

One thing you missed is Shadow Mastery / MD Succy buff / DS Succy buff, for another 10-15%. On hard fights, or probably basically any fight (2m timer ftw), you can DC and then Drain Life for at least three ticks for 700+3x110 = 1000 damage done / healed. So I think affliction locks will be pretty sweet when no dispeller is around. :)

Edit:
I've been thinking about it, and I don't think I'll lose any 1v1 battle anymore next patch. The only classes that were a bit problematic are rogues that use crippling poison and warriors (mostly Ainy, the rest I can manage :)) (and Sneek). Next patch I think the only thing that can beat me is a full cooldown rogue a la World of Roguecraft (with good skills ofc). With a weapon such as the Perdition Blade, Ambush Backstab Vanish & Repeat is a bit too much.

Oh, and we also have our little machine gun that is able to shoot for ~80-100 DPS all by itself until it is OoM (after dealing ~2000 dmg :)).
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Cool thanks for good info mate.. its just i have 2 skills i cant live without and those 2 spells is crippeling me with all builds i make :(

its

Demonic Embrace & Shadowburn

really need to find a good build for myself soon.. maybe a SM/Ruin build but instead of going ruin i take demonic embrace :p
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, I agree with you, that's why I went 31/8/12. Doesn't cripple you at all imo. :)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Considering going back to SL. Especially after reading that in BWL warlocks get to nuke 1 time and then wand for 10 seconds and then wand again :o

In AV my corruption did more overal damage then my SB so that is added to my must have talents (with demonic embrace, bane, SB and ruin).
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Fenz wrote:Considering going back to SL. Especially after reading that in BWL warlocks get to nuke 1 time and then wand for 10 seconds and then wand again :o
Myeah, when we start on BWL I'll also respec to something with MD in it, since it's almost mandatory in there. :cry: Not sure yet what it's gonna be though, but probably something with Soullink in it, maybe 7/31/13. Kinda shitty you almost have to respec this way, so I'm not sure if I want to go to BWL at all. It's not like the rewards are worth it.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Fenz wrote:Considering going back to SL. Especially after reading that in BWL warlocks get to nuke 1 time and then wand for 10 seconds and then wand again :o
Myeah, when we start on BWL I'll also respec to something with MD in it, since it's almost mandatory in there. :cry: Not sure yet what it's gonna be though, but probably something with Soullink in it, maybe 7/31/13. Kinda shitty you almost have to respec this way, so I'm not sure if I want to go to BWL at all. It's not like the rewards are worth it.
Maybe so but i cant just find the build for me.. the closest of an optimal build i can find for myself i think its the sm ruin.. but i cant separate from fire build :(
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

now i made up my mind.. reading those SL changes NORECASTFTW im going with this build soon:::::

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000000
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

i was just supposed to remind you:

you LOVE fire!! yoiu really really really love FIRE! (almost as much as you love hot manlove with deadleg)
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Gorlom wrote:i was just supposed to remind you:

you LOVE fire!! yoiu really really really love FIRE! (almost as much as you love hot manlove with deadleg)
Yeah i know.. but its so hard.. so.. hard.. have.. to... spend... more... money

and i cant freaking decide my build :(:(
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Freeman, that 31/20 is a stupid build imo.

You are giving up an insta dot that will help wither down your opponents health. Without ruin 11 in destr. is enough imo.
I would also reconsider the 3 points in improved succubus. Some more points in Fel Stamina are nice for a SL build. Succubus is great for seduce nuking but I would prefer to have the Felhunter out in most PvP situations.

Against casters using the Felhunter is a no-brainer and if you stumble onto a melee'er (when you are solo) just insta cast VW for the shield or the succy for a quick seduce to give you enough time to apply your dots. I would probably just fight him with the FH especially with the new deathcoil.

If you keep 3/3 in improved succubus why not take Improved lash of pain?

1 last thought to ponder on: Improved life-tap (20% extra mana for only 2 points is pretty good I think). This will lead to a cookiecutter 7/31/11 build but it is a good build :P
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Ok here we go. Its all about playstyle for myself.. i almost always play with succubus out when i farm/solo so thats why i want her improved. And i have come to a point where i cant live without destructive reach so thats why so many points in Destruction.

You are giving up an insta dot that will help wither down your opponents health. Without ruin 11 in destr. is enough imo.
I would also reconsider the 3 points in improved succubus. Some more points in Fel Stamina are nice for a SL build. Succubus is great for seduce nuking but I would prefer to have the Felhunter out in most PvP situations.
This one im aware of that im loosing and maybe ill rethink the reach when patch comes but as i said im having a hard time to get used to not having destructive reach.
Against casters using the Felhunter is a no-brainer and if you stumble onto a melee'er (when you are solo) just insta cast VW for the shield or the succy for a quick seduce to give you enough time to apply your dots. I would probably just fight him with the FH especially with the new deathcoil.
As i said i always play with succubus solo and if i will fight a caster I

...vs mage will continue with succubus because seduce mostly works against alligance mages

...vs warlock i might summon felhunter if i cant banish on first try

...vs preist i will definitly go felhunter as fast as i can

...vs paladin i will also change to felhunter

But good that u pointed this out because the +3 to succubus is something ive gotten stuck with since i took it for the first time so i guess i could let that one be.
because i didnt use succ for dmg.. but for CC
1 last thought to ponder on: Improved life-tap (20% extra mana for only 2 points is pretty good I think). This will lead to a cookiecutter 7/31/11 build but it is a good build :P
Well that isnt true in my case.. for me its more like 20% more mana after 7 points. I got so used to manage without corruption now so doubt i will reget it if not having nightfall.

But maybe i will have to make pretty hard changes on my builds because i feel pretty stuck in my old But-i-must-have-this-and-this-spell so i gimp the build totally.. thats why i am trying to get as much feedback as i can :p

EDIT: And also as i said my current playstyle with seduce/nuke doesnt work to good with dots because they break CC

Alternative build (as i think u were suggesting)
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0100000000

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!! Im thinking of giving up ALL destruction as well if death coil can in some way replace Shadowburn.. then maybe baby ill try this one:::
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Fenz wrote:Freeman, that 31/20 is a stupid build imo.

I agree with Fenz here. It's no coincidence 7/31/11 is so popular, it has most good low-tier talents from Aff/Des. IMO the points in devastation are wasted, it's only 2,5% dmg (and then only for DD spells). Moreover, not taking the newly improved corruption is a crime, with damage gear it will tick for 180 dmg!
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Yeah i might have to rethink my needs indeed :p So a corruption will do about 1000 dmg in 18 secs from now on?