WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Arena Team

Post by Lateralus »

Kingeling wrote:I was thinking... Would a few SM warlocks be interested in making a 3-3 team and seeing what that could do?
I realise that you can only have 1 3-3, so I understand fully if ppl are not up for this.
It just seems like a fun thing to do... let me know your opinions.
pass im happy in my 3v3 with bira and sneek. we rock!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling wrote:I was thinking... Would a few SM warlocks be interested in making a 3-3 team and seeing what that could do?
I realise that you can only have 1 3-3, so I understand fully if ppl are not up for this.
Any group with a healer will kill you. No healer can work in 2vs2 but it won't be much fun in 3vs3 I think. Plus I am more a bg person 8)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Any group with a healer will kill you. No healer can work in 2vs2 but it won't be much fun in 3vs3 I think. Plus I am more a bg person 8)
it can work but only with warlock/mage/rogue combo then i think
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I was thinking about that, but you have so much fear / DC / charm / silence options that healing could be less of a problem. Also locks can do at least some healing themselves, and you'd have 2 health stones.

Anyway, it was just a thought :) As said I can understand ppl wouldnt get very enthousiastic:)

BTW late, Bira isnt in your team last time I checked?

I'm still looking for a team btw, but I'm not as insanely geared as you are :oops:
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:
it can work but only with warlock/mage/rogue combo then i think
Well think about it... 3x dots on a target. Have 1 person as affliction and put unstable on it and time will do the rest. Its all not as simple as this ofcourse, but I think it has quite some potential if all targets get 6 dots on them and the main target 2 felguards as well:)
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

i would be up for it but the problem is i barely have time for raiding atm and i dont want to miss out on any PVE.
i dont think u can get me to respec aff/demo either ;)
and no i dont have another 3-3 team.
but it sounds like an great fun/nice idea.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Personally I have no problems respeccing to affliction for an event like this.
I dont plan playing arena 24/7, but I see this as an experiment that can either be great fun or something that we try once and like it or quickly go do something else :)

Late; Could you maybe temporarily switch team on, lets say, a thursday so we can try this a bit. Later that week you can switch back to sinister ministry?
We could also join your team for a while, but that could cost you your rating. For you that is less of a problem though since I think you get your points from your 5-5..
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

buzz wrote: Well, i'm basically stuck deciding between 30/21/10, 5/41/15 and 0/40/21. Problem is that first two don't have destro reach, which is crucial because of threat reduction. Seems to me that 0/40/21 would overall be best of the above, since its very similar to DS/SNF, though needing to have succi out might prove annoying to hell.

In any case ill try it today in TK/SSC, for MH/BT ill prolly go felguard or hybrid.
buzz wrote: So far i've used and compared 0/40/21 and classic felguard spec in TK and MH, first one proving to be a huge waste of time. Felguard wasn't THAT bad tho, thats why im gonna try it in BT today to see on how many fights it is viable.

On a sidenote, have any of the felguard using locks notice an incredible miss rate on 2nd MH boss anytime? I mean it did 8k damage in a whole fight, 69% of swings being missed, a large percent being dodged aswell... is it a known bug or did i do something extremly noobish an i don't realise it.
buzz wrote:The fact succubusses survival is complete shit is more than enough for it to lose viability.
Ruin itself isn't that high of a damage boost, 10% that MD succi gives is much better, shame she doesnt stay alive long enough for one to benefit from it. As i said, did only TK with succi, and she is worthless at most trash(los doesnt work). If i managed to lose her multiple times on alar and solarian, imagine how fun it would be on najentus or illidan.
If one manages to lose felguard(way way tougher than the bitch), succi is like 10 times more likely to die on a given fight.

Bottom line is, even if these specs are decent on some encounters, they are not good for all situations, and thats what a lock aiming for progression needs. I dont care much about spec thats good on 50 or 6o or 80 percent of bosses, i need a spec that OWNS on all of them. This is what UA specs and ds/snf offer and other simply dont.

Oh, and also... even in p1 Alar where she didnt die once, i was totally buffed and flasked with perfect group, i still got outdamaged by Jinxarn in DS/SNF by a LOT, in the end of the fight difference was 250k...
EVEN hypothetically if succi was phase shifted it would still suck more than DS/SNF...

Ill talk about it in more detail later, but for me one of conclusions is that 0/40/21 with succi is worst shit ever.
buzz wrote:We dont use WWS, and Clinkz wasnt in the raid, tho me and Jinxarn compared recount data and in the end only final damage meter listings count.

On Rage we were pretty close on damage, i was sustaining around 1400 dps in perfect conditions with no iceblocks, tho i usually do over 1800 there easy with my DS/SNF spec.
On other bosses dps was WAY lower, on last 2 couldnt even use the damn pet cuz of the enviro damage. Gonna have more thorough comparisment in BT, cant wait for Teron.
buzz wrote:Trezh, article is gonna be finished this weekend.

Hakusi, the latter.
just saving some stuff he said
more to come :p
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

So, digging through 119 pages was to arduous a task. So it would be much appreciated if you would give your opinion as to which spec is the best for questing/grinding at 62.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Jhorar wrote:So, digging through 119 pages was to arduous a task. So it would be much appreciated if you would give your opinion as to which spec is the best for questing/grinding at 62.
Demo imo.
Deadleg
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Deadleg »

Fenz wrote:
Jhorar wrote:So, digging through 119 pages was to arduous a task. So it would be much appreciated if you would give your opinion as to which spec is the best for questing/grinding at 62.
Demo imo.
ye i used felguard all the way to 70, i miss him sometimes :-)
//Deadleg
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Not rightly sure how to do a good spec for demo, been affli all the way to 62 so the other trees are mysterious.

Was thinking this

Suggestions? Changes? Help plx! /beg
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I'd put 1 point in mana-feed, just to keep your felguard going.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kingeling wrote:I'd put 1 point in mana-feed, just to keep your felguard going.
yeah demonic resilience isnt that really needed, only needed in arena imo.

personally id use this build to level up
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IA0MV0fZbxczIizzxst