WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Joujubruju
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Joujubruju »

This is 90% not from Vanilla except if it is the last month before TBC that locks had Shadowfury talent which is the 1 skill at bar, plus the combat log is late TBC and I do not remember any old add on resembling 2days combat log back then.

As far as I can tell the earliest this SShot can be, is mid TBC + and by that time, a Destruction lock could easily Soul Fire for more that that
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

Inncubus wrote:That's from Vanilla !
And i am sure was bug or something. But maybe our old locks know something about that.
Wait we had crossrealm battlegrounds in vanilla?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

New warlock build on beta,, seems like blizzard wants to clear our keybinds from shit-spells :p

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Affliction
Bane of Doom - Curses the target with impending doom, causing 2213.37 Shadow damage every 30 sec. When Bane of Doom deals damage, it has a 25% chance to summon a Demon guardian. Only one Bane per Warlock can be active on any one target. / 15% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown
Jinx *New* - Your Curse of the Elements also effects all nearby enemy targets within 20/40 yards of the cursed target, and your Curse of the Weakness also reduces the targets energy, rage, focus or runic power generation by 5/10 while active.

Demonology
Ritual of Doom is now Summon Doomguard - Summons a Doomguard to fight beside you for 45 sec. The Doomguard will assist you by attacking the target which is afflicted by your Bane of Doom or Bane of Agony spell, and will sometimes dispel harmful magic effects from you. / 80% of base mana, Instant cast, 10 min cooldown, Reagents: Demonic Figurine
Inferno is now Summon Infernal - Summons a meteor from the Twisting Nether, causing 28.87 Fire damage and stunning all enemy targets in the area for 2 sec. An Infernal rises from the crater, under the command of the caster for 1 min. The Infernal deals strong area of effect damage, and will be drawn to attack targets afflited by your Bane of Agony or Bane of Doom spells. / 80% of base mana, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 10 min cooldown, Reagents: Infernal Stone
Create Firestone is gone.
Create Spellstone is gone.
Detect Invisibility is gone.
Sense Demons is gone.
Unending Breath is gone.
Nemesis is now a Tier 5 Talent. Down from Tier 6. Now 2 ranks, down from 3.
Molten Core is now a Tier 4 Talent. Down from Tier 5.
Demonic Brutality is gone.
Hand of Gul'dan cast time has been increased from 2.5 to 3 sec.
Ancient Grimoire now increases the duration of your Infernal and Doomguard summons by 10/20 sec. (Up from 6/12 Sec)
Improved Succubus is gone.
Improved Healthstone is gone.
Improved Imp is gone.
Dark Arts *New* - Reduces the cast time of your Imp's Firebolt spell by 0.25/0.5/0.75 sec, increases the attack power bonus of your Felguard's Demonic Frenzy by 1/2/3% and increases the damage done by your Felguard's Shadow Bite by 5/10/15%.

Destruction
Empowered Imp now seems to gives your Imp's Firebolt a 6/12% chance to cause your next Soulfire spell to be instant cast within 8 sec. (Rank 2 Not Yet Implemented ... Could be a bug)
Bane of Havoc now lasts 5 min. Up from 2 min.
Nether Protection now reduces all damage by that spell school by 15%. (Down from 30%)
Afterburn is now named Burning Embers, now lasts 7 sec (Down from 10). The damage done by your Burning Ember effect cannot exceed [ 1/2% of Spell Power + 167.45 ] total damage.
Backlash now has a 13/26% chance to proc. (Up from 8/16%)
Shadowburn base damage has been increased by 23%. Now only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health.
Improved Soul Fire now has a flat chance to increases your spell haste by 7/15% after you Soul Fire a target above 80% health.
Emberstorm now reduces the cast time of Soul Fire by 0.5/1 sec. (Down from 1/2 sec)
Bane no longer reduces the casting time of Soul Fire.
Improved Shadow Bolt is now Shadow and Flame - Increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt and Incinerate spells by 4%, and your Shadow Bolt has a 33/66/100% chance to cause the Improved Shadow Bolt effect to the target.
The Improved Shadow Bolt effect causes the target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 5% for 30 sec.
Shadowflame now also fears the enemies. <<< LOL?
Cribby
Champion
Champion

Post by Cribby »

Shadowflame now also fears the enemies.

Wuut?!

Finally a reason to get this out of the spellbook (unless glyphed), but this sounds a bit too much :-) If it will be a fear as HoT, just as frontal cone it will be lol indeed.

What's the source of above info Late?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Cribby wrote:
Shadowflame now also fears the enemies.

Wuut?!

Finally a reason to get this out of the spellbook (unless glyphed), but this sounds a bit too much :-) If it will be a fear as HoT, just as frontal cone it will be lol indeed.

What's the source of above info Late?
mmo-champion =)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

The spawing of a guardian sounds nice.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

New stuff:
Affliction
Dark Intent *New* - You link yourself with the targeted friendly target, increasing both of your haste by 3%. When you or the linked target gains a critical periodic damage or healing effect, the other gains an increased 3% increased periodic damage and healing lasting for 7 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. Dark Intent lasts for 30 min. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

Soul Swap *New* - You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target. For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage. You cannot Soul Swap to the same target. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 45 sec cooldown

Demonology
Summon Doomguard and Summon Infernal no longer require reagents.

Destruction
Fel Flame now increases the duration of Immolate or Unstable by 6 sec instead of refreshing it.

Aftermath now gives your Conflagrate a 50/100% chance to daze the target. (Up from 6/12%)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

The next beta build (though I would guess the one after that is probably more likely for you guys) will have two important warlock changes, and several talent changes as well: Demon Soul no longer has a shard cost. Soul Link is now a trained ability.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
The next beta build (though I would guess the one after that is probably more likely for you guys) will have two important warlock changes, and several talent changes as well: Demon Soul no longer has a shard cost. Soul Link is now a trained ability.
yeah read that earlier, awesome
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

alot of interesting changes in the new beta patch, check out life drain (bound to be nerfed but still ^^)

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Affliction
Seed of Corruption base AE damage increased by 33%.
Drain Mana mana cost reduced from 17% of base mana to 12% of base mana.
Drain Life now restores 5% total health to the caster every 1 sec regardless of damage done. Soulburn now reduces cast time by 50%, down from 60%. Mana cost reduced from 17% of base mana to 12% of base mana.
Life Tap changed to - You Life Tap for 20% of your total health, converting 75% of that into mana.
Corruption now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
Haunt now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
Soul Swap now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
And I think Dark Pact is gone, but since I also screwed up with Soul Link last time, I strongly suggest that you assume I'm stupid until it's confirmed.

Demonology
Soulburn now lasts 20 sec, up from 15 sec.
Unending Breath is back.
Nemesis is gone.
Hand of Gul'dan's range increased from 30 yards to 40 yards and revamped - Summons a falling meteor down upon the enemy target, dealing 1597.26 to 1886.4 Shadow damage and erupts an aura of magic within 4 yards, causing all targets within it to have an increased 10% chance to be critically hit by any of your demons for 15 sec.
Ancient Grimoire is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 4.
Demonic Rebirth has a 2 minute cooldown.
Aura of Foreboding (Tier 4) *New* - When your Hand of Gul'dan lands, all enemies within 4 yards will be rooted for 2/3 sec and stunned for the same duration if they are still within the Curse of Gul'dan aura 6 sec afterword.

Destruction
Shadowflame no longer fears the targets.
Hellfire base damage increased by 33%.
Rain of Fire base damage increased by 33%. Range increased from 30 yards to 35 yards.
Immolate range increased from 30 to 40 yards.
Chaos Bolt range increased from 30 to 40 yards.
Empowered Imp now has a 2/4% chance to proc from your Imp's Firebolt.
Soul Leech now restores 1/2% of your total health and mana, down from 5/10%.
Backdraft now reduces the casting time of Shadow Bolt, Incinerate, and Shadow Bolt by 10/20/30% for 15 sec. No longer has 3 charges.