Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sum facts

Warlock
Skills
Affliction

* Drain Mana now Transfers 3% of target's maximum mana every 1 sec from the target to the caster (up to a maximum of 6% of the caster's maximum mana every 1 sec). Lasts 5 sec.

Demonology

* Ritual of Summoning Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.

Talents
Destruction

* Backdraft now also reduces the global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells by 10/20/30%.
* Chaos Bolt damage has been increased (from 1036-1314 to 1243-1577 for Rank 4).

Demonology

* Demonic Knowledge now Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 3/6/9% of the total of your active demon's Stamina plus Intellect. (Down from 4/8/12%)
* Demonic Tactics now Increases melee and spell critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 1/2/3/4/5%. (Down from 2/4/6/8/10%)
* Demonic Empathy now affects all spells for 15 seconds. (Old - 3 next spells)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

and sum sarcasm :P

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=52855
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)

There are some patch notes that reference nerfs to Demonic Tactics and Demonic Knowledge.

We are NOT making those changes.

More Warlock Changes Coming (Source)

And yes we have other warlock changes we are working on. Hopefully they will be available on the PTR as well, but no promises. Sometimes changes take time. Believe me, I get impatient too when I know changes to my class are coming.
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Late are you going to play arena with your warlock?
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:Late are you going to play arena with your warlock?
oh yes
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

New in the patchnotes:
Demonology

Master Conjuror now Increases the combat ratings gained from your conjured Firestone and Spellstone by 15/30%.

Pet

Devour Magic Effect range has been increased to 45 yards, please note that it's only the effect and not the Devour Magic pet ability. It could be related to the maximum healing range of the new Glyph of Felhunter.

Glyph

Glyph of Felguard - Increases the Felguard's total attack power by 20%. (Up from 10%)

Glyph of Felhunter - When your felhunter uses Devour Magic, you will also be healed for that amount. (Old - Increases the critical strike chance of your Felhunter's Shadow Bite ability by 6%.)
Last edited by Fenz on 19 Dec 2008, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Myeah read that, the Felhunter change is good.

Its not enough, but a step in the right direction
Fenz
old man

Creative Demonic Circle Uses

Post by Fenz »

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t39730-crea ... rcle_uses/

Some nice suggestions that I didn't think of yet and some I alrady knew about.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Creative Demonic Circle Uses

Post by Lateralus »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Warlocks in WotLK
I did post a list of what we wanted to do with warlocks in LK and now that we have done those changes, we have a new list of what we want to look at in warlocks next. A few players linked it. I could have found the quote myself but I figured the community would be able to do it faster, which they did.

I am sorry if my communication sometimes seems disjoined. Reading all of these threads takes a great deal of time that I try to squeeze in during my other responsibilities. To some extent you're going to get what you're going to get. That may not sit well, but the alternatives are to give up on posting altogether or at least post a lot less frequently. I don't see a way I will be able to spend more time here than I do already. (As most of you know, I'm not a CM. I also don't want to hire people to read the forums for me, because that defeats the purpose. But I do have a lot going on.)

I think there is some truth to the notion that after enough tweaks here and there that you need to step back and take a big look at the class as a whole. I think we've reached this point with warlocks. We are satisfied with the changes we wanted to make in BC, which included things like giving Affliction more competitive damage, giving Destruction more than one button to push, and getting Demonology to consider more different types of demons. When I say we want to make some changes to the class, I would not interpret this as burning warlocks to the ground and starting over. Overall it's still a really cool and distinctive play style.

I'll reach for an analogy here, which can be illustrative but will also break if streteched too far, as all analogies do. We've spent some time checking the tire pressure and vacuuming out the interior, but every few thousand miles you want to actually pop the hood, check all the belts and hoses, and possibly even rebuild the engine. That is not the same as driving her off a cliff and then hitting the dealers for a newer model. (Source)

Talent spec in PvP
In an ideal world, we don't want Demonology (or any spec for any class) to be THE PvP tree. This is tougher with the pure dps classes because any spec that sacrifices all for dps feels like a PvE spec and any spec that has survivability, crowd control or escape tools feels like a PvP spec. Long term though it is definitely a goal. (Source)

Pets and Fear in PvP

That is the goal. I think we've done better at Affliction wanting the felhunter, Destruction wanting the imp and Demonology wanting the felguard, at least in PvE. We would like to get the succubus and voidwalker into Arenas more. We have some ideas....

On fear....

We still like the change to how fear works overall. Because it can be broken it's less of a long-term CC, but it's also more consistent in the short-term.

However, I think a lot of the consternation about warlock PvP comes from losing fear as an amazing source of CC (probably replaced by stuns now which probably isn't a good thing), coupled with losing some of the "tankiness" locks had before, but without giving you all of the get out of jail cards that a mage has.

Ultimately I think we actually do want locks to survive through mitigation (when compared to survival through CC or escape mechanisms). The trick is nailing this compromise between plate-wearers who stand and take it and glass cannons who run away. There is probably something to the fact that locks and hunters both feel like they can't stand and fight and can't get away from melee. It's the mail-wearer paradox. I know you don't wear mail per se, but we're pushing you closer to that than we are the slippery mage. (Source)
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

note to self:
keep phase shift off your imp, for some imba buffs
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gonna try this build a bit:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZfhc0sZVcGVbMuAcAbct

Or not, since I buff casters with about 220 extra damage if we don't use an elemental shaman (when I can use the swine pet).
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

isnt backdraft an insane pve talent?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=32249.0
Evidence that we are fine and working as intended.
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:isnt backdraft an insane pve talent?
Not yet, maybe after tha patch.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1
Imba warlock providing PVP tips. Maybe when dual spec is implemented and/or some changes are made I can come back and try arena again. :)
Jump in!