Chit chat
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

Blahran wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Blahran wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Aikon wrote:I'm serious considering leveling my Mage. The Warlock class looks totally shit in beta atm so unless some major revamp is taken Aikon will be collecting dust in the char selection screen.
Please tell me more
yeah pls tell me what do you think has been imba improvement for mage havent seen it atm, only arcane got some love that it might even be a pve spec
stick that in mage forum then :)
well locks always QQ on mage formus taste my revenge
Gogo Blahran!!!!
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

There will be a new talent in Affliction in an upcoming build.

Keywords: "DoT" and "Crit" (Well, sorta)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

next thing you know locks will get bear form to be totally immune to dmg :?
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Mortleg wrote:next thing you know locks will get bear form to be totally immune to dmg :?
Replace bear with deamon and we're on our way to world domination :)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Mortleg wrote:next thing you know locks will get bear form to be totally immune to dmg :?
Finally some balance
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Lateralus wrote:
Finally some balance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw6dcqiMz54
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Corruption - Base instant cast
We're going to make Corruption base instant cast. The Improved Corruption talent will now increase Corruption's damage by 4/8/12/16/20%.

Ruin and Devastation changes

In an upcoming build we are changing Ruin to a 5-point talent. However, it will swap places with Devastation. Devastation will become a 1-point talent (5% spell crit). This will be a minimal change to the Destruction Warlock, while opening up Ruin to other builds without having them sacrifice their 51-point talents.

Metamorphosis changes - details
We recently re-designed Metamorphosis for an upcoming build. Some changes:

- It will no longer remove your pet (your pet remains)
- It increases your armor by 600%, up from 360%
- It increases all your damage by 40%
- You can still cast your regular Warlock spells
- You gain access two a few new unique Demon Form abilities that can only be used in Demon Form

Among some other improvements. It will be changed back to a 5-minute cooldown, however (with a 45 second duration). With the changes to Ruin, you can also get Metamorphosis and Ruin in a build if you wish.

Pandemic
Going to be changing the visual and some other aspects of the talent soon, not going to have the Shadow Bolt graphic.
Nice.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

yeah read that earlier, quick thinking on that corruption feature ,, only 3 years to late :)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

"Pet classes are a huge design challenge"
When the pet does 30-40% of your damage, and dies, you lose a chunk of damage that isn't comparable to any other dps loss by a class in the game. The alternatives aren't very appealing either -- the brick that can't be killed and does no damage, or the frail being that dishes out massive damage before collapsing when looked at. It's even worse when "pet" is a spec, as it is for locks and hunters, because then either the pet is disposable for the other specs, or it's OP for the pet spec. I can't offer any great insight into how we're going to tackle the problem, but it does keep me up at night sometimes. (src)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

if( isUnitAlive(player.pet) ) then
addDamageReductionAura(player, 20, "PetOutReductionAura");
else
removeDamageReductionAura(player, "PetOutReductionAura");
end
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sneek wrote:if( isUnitAlive(player.pet) ) then
else
end
what?
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

a solution to the problem you do 20% less dmg while pet is alive

but when its dead yyou get that debuff removed

that about accurate sneek?

since the pett does 30% of your dmg its still advantagus to have it out but youre not screwed if it isnt
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:"Pet classes are a huge design challenge"
When the pet does 30-40% of your damage, and dies, you lose a chunk of damage that isn't comparable to any other dps loss by a class in the game. The alternatives aren't very appealing either -- the brick that can't be killed and does no damage, or the frail being that dishes out massive damage before collapsing when looked at. It's even worse when "pet" is a spec, as it is for locks and hunters, because then either the pet is disposable for the other specs, or it's OP for the pet spec. I can't offer any great insight into how we're going to tackle the problem, but it does keep me up at night sometimes. (src)
Which is exactly the reason why I usually went with the Imp aka passive stamina boost and mana battery (OK, and sometimes for a little bit of DPS). Pets are a far too big a liability (even when you don't count the pathing problems of yore).
Jump in!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

sneek wrote:if( isUnitAlive(player.pet) ) then
else
end

|>quote="Hi">(Sneek)>=(,all,)...="(ok)"»»with««`//"you-add!!??quote
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Lateralus wrote:"Pet classes are a huge design challenge"
Which is exactly the reason why I usually went with the Imp aka passive stamina boost and mana battery (OK, and sometimes for a little bit of DPS). Pets are a far too big a liability (even when you don't count the pathing problems of yore).
well u cant use imp in arena tho