World of Starcraft?

Chit chat
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

World of Starcraft?

Post by Asharak »

www.worldofwar.net wrote:Blizzard will no doubt be mega-pleased with how well WoW has sold and what it has done for the MMORPG genre. There has also been a whole host if MMO related jobs posted on the Blizzard site over the past 12 months so there may be some fact in the news that World of StarCraft will be announced at the WWI in Korea on the 19th and 20th of this month.

C&VG has posted a story which apparently comes from reliable sources that World of StarCraft will be Blizzard's big announcement in the next couple of weeks. Personally I would prefer an MMO Diablo but this would be good news for Starcraft fans if it proves true.
Guess they are making MMO's of all their franchises if this is true :)
Last edited by Asharak on 06 May 2007, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Yeah, atm the gameindustry rumormill is torn between a true sequel to starcraft (ie rts) or a starcraft MMO, forums everywhere are filled with speculations. Good times.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

WoS > WOW !

Just when blizzard said that theyll make WOW a few years ago i was pissed because i would rather see a World Of Starcrat(Or diablo). If so that is the only game that would get me to stop playing WOW :)
Asharak
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Asharak »

i would rather see a world of diablo since im not that big sci-fi fan ;)
Mains through the ages: Asharak -> Liandrin -> Shaidar -> Albeo
Sneek: So much, so fast. It's hard not to OD
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

I'd love a good sci-fi mmo. The market is swamped with more or less good fantasy mmo's. There has to my knowledge been two "large" sci-fi mmo's and that's Planetside and AO. Planetside was way to niche and to much of a fps for me while AO had its flaws and at the time i tried it was way to clunky. Nice concept tho.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

there's that EvE online game .. thats sorta scifi? :)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

I chose to ignore EVE because it's a horrible game and nobody likes it! (Ok, so I forgot :| )

Besides, it has way to steep a learning curve for the massmarket. :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Jhorar wrote:I chose to ignore EVE because it's a horrible game and nobody likes it! (Ok, so I forgot :| )

Besides, it has way to steep a learning curve for the massmarket. :)
Eve's following has been growing slow but steadily, it's not my type of game but owning your own piece of space seems to appeal to some at least :)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Shizume
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Shizume »

eh EVE is pretty cool imo =)
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

don't count me in in future mmo's.. I honestly don't got what it takes to moderate myself. After wow, its strickly gonna be FPS's or strategy.. something wich don't include stats or rep or upgrading over months and years.. Lock and load, or nothing at all.
Finally, an emotion I do not have to fake
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

If you think WoW or any other MMORPG has a terrible timesink design; in comparison EVE'll be Satan's tool to conquer and enslave any and all geeks of mankind for all eternity.

Pretty cool though how there's only one universe of EVE in which every player gets to do his or her thang.
That's, well, unique.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Gaar wrote:don't count me in in future mmo's.. I honestly don't got what it takes to moderate myself. After wow, its strickly gonna be FPS's or strategy.. something wich don't include stats or rep or upgrading over months and years.. Lock and load, or nothing at all.
be my AT buddy in the following blizzard strategy games then ;)
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Lateralus wrote:
Gaar wrote:don't count me in in future mmo's.. I honestly don't got what it takes to moderate myself. After wow, its strickly gonna be FPS's or strategy.. something wich don't include stats or rep or upgrading over months and years.. Lock and load, or nothing at all.
eta: 2045 :p
Pretty sure their announcement will be an MMO (hence the lack of RPG). Would be pretty awesome if they managed to make some kind of MMO-RTS, more or less combining the 2 genres they're best at into one :)
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kibs wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
eta: 2045 :p
perfect then i have more time for my fractions!!!!
agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

I solomly swear that if they bring out world of starcraft, I'll quit working and just go on wellfare for a year.. I wanna be the first 'toss templar with full epics..
PWN!