Starcraft 2

Chit chat
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Yeah most orginal blizz designers arent there anymore with most splintered out having left to red5studios/flagshipstudios/arenanet/ncsoft so prolly bit too much hoping for some real innovation.

Ah well at least it was vivendi that bought the blizzard name. Could have been EA too who bought redwood and turned the c&c line quickly like all their games in fast quick money making boring never ending sequals :x
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Yes I've been waiting for this moment for almost 9 years. I'm so happy this is the best day since I played Starcraft for the frist time in my life I still remember that day like yesterday. :D
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJB-Z54R61s
OHMYGOOOOD! I'm out as soon as SC2 hits I think.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Jhorar wrote:Yeah Versus, that's kinda the point. ;)

And Sneek, since the braintrust left blizzard I don't think they have it in them to innovate any more.
They can still crank out amazingly polished products, just not push the boundaries.

But all in all i still look forward to playing this game. :)
This is being produced by the guy that made the Red Alert & Battle for Middle Earth series. And while i'm not really a big fan of Command and Conquer, i was extremely happy to hear that the series is in good hands - instead of being dragged through the mud by Rob Pardo (WC3).

Yes, this looks like 'Starcraft in 3D' (which is what most people actually wanted), but the balance is probably going to be so insanely different that it's going to feel like a whole new game - but still in a universe we know and love. I'm really, really looking forward to this. It's been like 9 years or whatever since my last major RTS addiction, and since then i've always been left wanting more :)
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kibs wrote:
Jhorar wrote:Yeah Versus, that's kinda the point. ;)

And Sneek, since the braintrust left blizzard I don't think they have it in them to innovate any more.
They can still crank out amazingly polished products, just not push the boundaries.

But all in all i still look forward to playing this game. :)
This is being produced by the guy that made the Red Alert & Battle for Middle Earth series. And while i'm not really a big fan of Command and Conquer, i was extremely happy to hear that the series is in good hands - instead of being dragged through the mud by Rob Pardo (WC3).

Yes, this looks like 'Starcraft in 3D' (which is what most people actually wanted), but the balance is probably going to be so insanely different that it's going to feel like a whole new game - but still in a universe we know and love. I'm really, really looking forward to this. It's been like 9 years or whatever since my last major RTS addiction, and since then i've always been left wanting more :)
I second that.. tho i liked and still like (and play) wc3.. love the hero system.
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

I get chills when the crowd realise what they are watching.
Finally, an emotion I do not have to fake
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

bah should have been D3 :p
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Kibs wrote:This is being produced by the guy that made the Red Alert & Battle for Middle Earth series. And while i'm not really a big fan of Command and Conquer, i was extremely happy to hear that the series is in good hands - instead of being dragged through the mud by Rob Pardo (WC3).

Oh by no means do I expect a bad game, and I firmly believe the gameplay will be different from the first (just reading these very early alpha protoss unitdescriptions cemented that for me). I just don't expect anything else than pure, un-shrouded fan service from this game. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but I've had my fill of uninovative rts going by the same old mold. HOWEVER, the one thing that has me hyping like a madman is the potential for a brilliant new story-telling rts. The first one did it well, actually the only rts in history that had me more interested in the story than in actual gameplay. And if the can carry that tradition on this will probably be the highlight of the gaming year it's released for me personally.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Goatlord
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Goatlord »

rmz wrote:bah should have been D3 :p
Word
Fuzzy
Shaatii
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Shaatii »

Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Gameplay trailer is now up on starcraft2.com. Holy, fucking, shit - this kinda takes away all doubt if you think it's just a 'sc remake' :)
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

that youtube movie looks extremely boring .. gg showing same units shooting at eachother for 3 mins straight .. /yawn

not a rts fan, does it show? :)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kibs wrote:Gameplay trailer is now up on starcraft2.com. Holy, fucking, shit - this kinda takes away all doubt if you think it's just a 'sc remake' :)
did u watch that demo from fz.se??

WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.fz.se/filer/?id=3131
for you nonswedes scroll down to "StarCraft II, gameplay-film
449.31 MB" and press the big url!!

That movie is fucking awesome!!
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Lateralus wrote:
Kibs wrote:Gameplay trailer is now up on starcraft2.com. Holy, fucking, shit - this kinda takes away all doubt if you think it's just a 'sc remake' :)
did u watch that demo from fz.se??

WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.fz.se/filer/?id=3131
for you nonswedes scroll down to "StarCraft II, gameplay-film
449.31 MB" and press the big url!!

That movie is fucking awesome!!
It's the same as the official gameplay trailer ^^