Tigole talking about 2.1

Chit chat
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Tigole talking about 2.1

Post by zNow »

Last edited by zNow on 02 Apr 2007, 20:21, edited 2 times in total.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

nothing to see here... move along...
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Supposedly this was what he said:
Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about the same subjects – subjects that have been addressed in an upcoming patch – so I wanted to let you guys know where things stood.

The Rogue Situation

We’ve done a tuning pass of many of our dungeons/bosses/encounters to ensure that nothing overly punishing occurs to “melee DPS’ that would lead people to favor ranged DPS over Rogues/DPS Warriors etc.

Also, we’ve changed the NPC cleave mechanic so that it’s now a frontal cone ability rather than a 360 degree chain attack. Sweeping Strikes has been removed from all Burning Crusade NPC’s.
We’re also reducing the Glancing Blow damage penalty for creatures 1-3 levels higher than the player. This will have a significant effect on melee DPS as it relates to endgame melee dps. More details on this at a later time.

End Game Itemization

As we’ve stated before, we made a lot of improvements to endgame gear progression. To put it in perspective, take a look at this Warrior Tanking Breastplate from before and after.

Destroyer Chestguard – Currently
+24 Strength
+22 Agility
+39 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Red Socket
Socket Bonus +6 Stamina
Equip: Increases Defense Rating by 23
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 16
Equip: Improves hit rating by 18

Destroyer Chestguard – Patch 2.1.0
+21 Strength
+22 Agility
+51 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Red Socket
Socket Bonus +6 Stamina
Equip: Increases Defense Rating by 23
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 20
Equip: Improved hit rating by 20

�Trash� Concerns

Equally interesting yet non-epic-dropping non-bosses (or “Trashâ€� as he community likes to call it) has been of concern lately on these forums. In all of our 25 person raid zones we’ve made a number of bug fixes and tuning adjustments. For example, the trash should be significantly easier to clear in most cases – and take less time. Also, we’ve lengthened the time between respawn on a lot of the trash. Yes, trash will respawn in some cases. It’s a pacing mechanic and one that works well when tuned correctly. For example, the trash before the Prophet Skeram or the trash before Attumen the Huntsmen or the Maiden of Virtue works well. You get a couple of tries on the boss, and if you fail, you spend a short time re-clearing. Yes, there are cases of the trash respawning too fast or the trash being too difficult or too lengthy. Those are the cases we hope to fix. We’ve also fixed some bugs that were allowing the trash to respawn after the boss for a certain area was dead.

Consumables

We’re making substantial changes to the way certain consumables work . In particular, Flasks and Elixirs are going to undergo major changes. More information will be available later on. We want Flasks and Elixirs to be a part of the game. We want alchemy to be a cool, needed profession. But we want to remove the tedium and cost from the massive consumable farming that’s going on for endgame raiding. We’ll provide more information soon – but for now, expect big changes to Flasks and Elixirs.

Boss Tuning

We’re looking at the boss tuning from dungeons to heroics to raids. Your feedback is being listened to.

To Summarize

We’re making big improvements to the game. Whenever possible, we hotfix changes to get them to you as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, there are many changes that require a patch and cannot be hotfixed. Many of these changes are coming in Patch 2.1.0. The patch will be on PTR’s in the upcoming weeks. You’ll be able to see them there and try them out for yourselves. You’ll also be able to test Black Temple. We’re also looking into ways of making Hyjal accessible on the PTR as well to get more testing on that zone.

I can assure you that we’re aware of the issues you guys are discussing on the boards and we’re listening closely. We’re also dedicated fans of the game ourselves. We play it every day =D We will affect change as quickly as we can. Patch 2.1.0 will be on the PTR soon enough and you’ll all have the opportunity to comment and make suggestions on the changes
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

True story!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Sounds pretty okay ... The part about consumables kind of worries me though, it would be awesome if they do what they say (either 2 elixirs -one 'offensive', one 'defensive' or whatever OR a flask) AND tune EVERY fight in ssc/the eye down a bit, as i don't see how some things will be possible without the mass potting / flasking that has been going on since tbc release. Sure, consumables are hilariously overpowered at the moment - but people don't farm that shit for fun.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yes, driving Elixers into catagories, Defensive, Offensive, Utility -like was erroneously seen in a German wow client update a while back- would be a pretty big change.
Then you only have a choice as to what you take; Agility or Mongoose or Strength or Fel Strength, etc.
I'm confused as to what the deal is with Flasks though.

The game would be a whole lot more fun if they'd just ditch consumable based tuning though and aim for a regular baseline and nice spread of classes and talenting.
Kind of hard to drill that into the Lead for raid encounter design, Tigole - seeing his background.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

So to make one profession viable they have to fuck up all bossencounters ;) Just make it as pointless as engi imo (jk)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

This game would be a lot more entertaining if they'd remove alchemy and aim for sane gearing and talenting requirements (1-of-each-spec and 75%+ blues from L70-5mans) for the raid encounters.
Tier 5 should require 75%+ from tier4 instances, etc.

Makes perfect sense and would open up longevity for their customer base.
But nooo!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sneek wrote:This game would be a lot more entertaining if they'd remove alchemy and aim for sane gearing and talenting requirements (1-of-each-spec and 75%+ blues from L70-5mans) for the raid encounters.

But nooo!
but feels like potrequired bosses > farming > takes more time to down > more money for blizz :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
sneek wrote:This game would be a lot more entertaining if they'd remove alchemy and aim for sane gearing and talenting requirements (1-of-each-spec and 75%+ blues from L70-5mans) for the raid encounters.

But nooo!
but feels like potrequired bosses > farming > takes more time to down > more money for blizz :)
In the long or short run people will grow tired of farming tho.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

But nooo!
In the long or short run people will grow tired of farming tho.
so you mean that one of those days i will be left alone in wow?? OMG
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

the insane trash repops made a lot of hardcore ppl quit alrdy from what Ive read (ssc is infamous for this, think of a dungeon full of chtun trash. which repops :)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Larona
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Larona »

30-45 Mins clearing time for Trash in Fathom Lords Room, so u got a max of 1h30mins for trying. If u got unlucky Colossi the killing takes alot longer, and u even have less time.

But Luckily u can skip 90% of the Trash to Tidewalker after Hydross is down.

What u could read on US Forums, SSC Trash is nothing compared to The Eye. (3 Hours clear , 2 hours respawn)

quite funny read is the old newsarchive from Legacy of Steel (till 26.2.2002), http://www.legacyofsteel.net/newspro/archives/arc.html if you're BORED at work.