PRIESTS

Chit chat
agrabush
General
General

updated macro's

Post by agrabush »

Priest Macro's - expanded functionality, all macro's now include a disband, for ninjafast dismount cast spell action (with a double tap).. this is really an awesome lifesaver on the shield and heals.. any nearly dieing friend you come by while riding will love you for it.. :)

also all macro's now include a proper showtooltip.. so the most important spell in question will have a nice tooltip, (even if the first spell checked for is shadowform) .. this way you'll never forget how much mana that devouring plague actually costs.. :P

smart targeting altering harm/heal with target=targettarget has been an imba change.. no more need to assist back and forth to make sure you heal tanks and dot mobs (like I ever healed in the first place)

Proper Nukes

Code: Select all

# showtooltip Mind Blast
/dismount
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/use Zandalarian Hero Charm
/use Talisman of Ascendance
/stopcasting
/cast [harm] Mind Blast; [target=targettarget] Mind Blast;
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
this will show the cooldown/tooltip for mind blast, even if zhc is the first item used.. it alters between zhc and the toa (zhc first if cooldown is up) and casts mind blast on just one click, without display the error message from spamming a trinket with cooldown. If targeting a friend, it will cast the spell on your friends target instead..

swap the name of any trinket or the name of the nuke to whatever you care to use.. (all classes should use something like this)

this macro is almost 255 glyphs.. if you are a few glyphs short, WoW does recognice items even if you don't write their entire names.. if Zandalarian Hero Charm is the ONLY item starting with Zandalarian, /use Zandalarian will be sufficient..

Smart Targeting Shield

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
/dismount
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Power Word: Shield; [help] Power Word: Shield; [target=targettarget] Power Word: Shield;
this dismounts you first, casts shield on yourself if you hold alt, on your target if it's friendly, or on your targets target if it's hostile.

Smart Targeting Heal w/ Shadowform"

#showtooltip Greater Heal
/dismount
/cast [stance:1] Shadowform; [modifier:alt,target=player] Greater Heal; [help] Greater Heal; [target=targettarget] Greater Heal;
this will dismount you, take you out of shadowform if you have it first, then continue casting heal the way the smart targeting 1. worked,

I put this on all my heals to make sure they got functionality even when mounted or in shadow..

Informing others of your actions

#showtooltip Prayer of Healing
/dismount 
/cast [stance:1] Shadowform; Prayer of Healing
/stopmacro [mounted]
/stopmacro [stance:1]
/s --  casting massheal, 3 sec --
this will dismount and take you out of shadowform if you have it, then cast prayer of healing while saying so with /s.. it will not say anything while dismounting or removing shadowform..

Channeled Spells

#showtooltip Mind Flay
/dismount
/cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay
this will not let you cast a new mind flay until you are done channeling the old one..

some have said to me, that putting showtooltip and dismount on all your macro's isn't really neccesary.. but for me it didn't take long to get used to never having to click YET another button or click away the debuff with the mouse.. and the showtooltip thingy does make your bar look a lot more pro.. ;)

thats enough for today.. gonna post my imba shacklefocus and debuff macros later..
PWN!
ulven

Post by ulven »

new patch screwing up Silent resolve for shadow priests.
thinking of goin 0/26/35 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dZf0tIc0qZVGrzMtRht got some questions for ya fellow priests..

1. Holy Nova useable ?? or is it too mana consuming ?

2. looks like spiritual guidence is covering up misery ?? (5% of 1000 hits=50dam) (25% of 250 spirit is 62 dam) or am i totally wrong ?!

3. Healing without silent resolve ?!? will i get aggro food ? any tried ?

OK loosing inner focus HURTS !! but other wise it looks like im "almost" (missing some healing power ~15-20%) getting the most from both holy & shadow tree or is this the stupidest idea u ever heard ??
ulven

Post by ulven »

ok i respecced 0/20/41 & i can say its a pretty nice hybrid.
U still get full dps in shadowform & u will be a pretty nice healer, the 20% more heal aggro (silent resolve) isnt even noticable if u ask me.
Not having Inner focus sux when u cast devouring plague coz it costs mana like hell, but thats just about it.

0,5s less cast time on greater heal might not sound much but i find it to be a huge diff, adding the 15% less mana make u become a great healer compared to 0 pts in holy.

Ok healing when shadowspec sux...but hey u gotta give & take ;)
Spiney
Guild hopper

Post by Spiney »

Actually: there is no viable shadow/holy build.

First of all: Silent Resolve still reduces threat from holy spells after the patch, just not from shadow spells.

Second: As you said it: losing Inner Focus hurts, too much.

Third: You NEED meditation, lest it be for healing or pve shadow dps or just for the sake of farming.

There are some nice tri-specs to be honest, but a full holy/shadow build is gimping yourself in both "forms" because discipline is something you can't NOT put points in (Unbreakable Will, Improved PWS and Fort, Inner Focus, Meditation and the less important Mental Agility and Mental Strength).

A good tri-spec that I can recommend you is: Disc up to and including Meditation and Inner Focus, Holy up to Improved healing (or at least Divine Fury, or further depending on how far you want to go in Shadow), Shadow up to Silence (or further depending on what you took in de holy tree).
Moo! Happy now?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

bump
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

still waiting for lillstrumpans post about the spirit against mp5 :cry:
Lillstrumpan
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Lillstrumpan »

Skryter inte gärna, spelar inte känd. Föddes som en stjärna, dör som en legend.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Now, what exactly makes or breaks a Priest in talent choices?
Why those talents?
What causes them to be so critical?
agrabush
General
General

IMO - specs..

Post by agrabush »

as most priests will agree.. if you don't have the "neccesary" disc, you're gimped.. this list if from a strict pve group/raid perspective..

T1
for raids, unbreakable will give you the edge to throw that heal the tank really needs when everyone runs around, feared and stupid.. ( I know I'm not the only priest who felt I really saved the entire run on Nefarian when shit hit the fan by having this fucker of a talent.. ) however as it only gives 15%, noone's gonna think less of you if you don't have it, and run scared like all the other biatches...

the wanding talent pwns when soloing, it isn't noticable at all in raids..

T2
Silent Resolve!! imo a must have, less aggro on healing means you might throw a meaningless Greater Heal from time to time, and still not worry about getting on the wrong side with the mob, (ie, the tank got filled up by someone else a split second before yours, so you didn't have time to cancel yours before heating up the next one, but if you're next lands, you still don't get aggro..)
if you are the kind of priest who expect some other healer to throw the first heal, you're not gonna miss it too much..
(I for one is trigger happy with my heals, I've usually thrown 3-4 greater heals on the tank, and canceled them before they hit before the pull has started.. :P )

imp PwF, if you don't have it, other priests will look down on you.. (it doesn't help by giving us your sacred candles.. we still feel you're a cheap skunk and needs to be neutered)

imp shield: not noticable.. (everyone had the prev version, this new one is just pasta, no sauce, no parmesan, no nothing, just flour and water..)

martyrdom is close to useless, I don't expect to get hit, if I see something running for me, I fade, if something serious crits you, you die..

T3
inner focus: must have, self explainatory...

meditation: if you don't find this to be self explainatory, you aren't playing priest..

after that you're free to go.. shadow, holy or tri-spec.. this is what makes or breaks a pve priest.. (for full-shadow you can cut down on the resolve, as long as you bring 3 pts in Shadow Affinity.. )
PWN!
agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

and as someone still didn't manage to google this: the spi/five second rule vs mana per 5

if you don't know how much time you spend in or out of the fsr, you can get addons to show it, both during single encounter, and all-overs during a whole raid night..

I use a straight dps monitor for fubar that gives me: dps/hps/dt/fsr/ct clearly visible in the middle of the bar..

and for the ones who need the teaspoon..
dps = damage per second
hps = heal per second
dt = damage taken
fsr=time spendt in the five second rule - a prosentage for your calcualating needs
combat time = how much time spendt in the latest combat
PWN!
Spiney
Guild hopper

Post by Spiney »

Agree with most of what you said, but silent resolve is useless for a shadowpriest as it does not reduce threat on shadow spells anymore. Might as well take improved shield then ^^
Moo! Happy now?
Erebus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Erebus »

Holy/shadow is VERY interesting btw :) as long as u dont use shadowform!
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 1003000000
Especcially after the spirit tap proc, u will propably get the highest spell damage possible. And its always cool being able to dps from 2 different schools of magic ^^ bb counterspel! Anyway these specs are good only for duels outside orgrimmar or some noob pvping, u usually get back to the most common ones in a day or 2. The thing i enjoyed the most when specced like that was the expression of most ppl after getting silenced and then spammed with smites ^^
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!
agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

Spiney wrote:Agree with most of what you said, but silent resolve is useless for a shadowpriest as it does not reduce threat on shadow spells anymore. Might as well take improved shield then ^^
like I said: (for full-shadow you can cut down on the resolve, as long as you bring 3 pts in Shadow Affinity.. )

Silent resolve does still give aggro reduction on shields and dispells, and the less dispellable spells.. (however this isn't a musthave for the shadow user, agreed)

tho.. If you need to place a few more pts somewhere in disc while building a shadowspec, and you don't want any resolve since you're pissed of the nerf, I'd take imp wand over imp shield anyday.. :)
PWN!
Shizume
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Shizume »

Martyrdom...
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

How about this 21-disc 40-holy spec?
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000

It features...
...(utility) 1/1 Inner Focus for emergency things like buffing up a freshly rezzed player.
...(longevity) 3/3 Meditation for 15% Mana Regeneration from spirit even while casting.
...(longevity) 5/5 Mental Agility for reducing all instant cast's mana costs by 10%.
...(utility) 2/2 Healing Focus will allow you to be stacked with a Paladin's Concentration Aura or just receive an Earth Shield and keep on healing without any chance of casttime pushback - allowing steady and totally controlled heals in a hectic, maybe AOE rich, environment.
...(longevity) 3/3 Renew healing 15% more with your renew, allowing a downrank or less renews for the same effect.
...(longevity) 3/3 Inspiration for less raidwide healing on your target after a critical hit. Good for constantly healing one specific target.
...(longevity) 3/3 Improved Healing reduces mana costs of all long casttime heals by 15%.
...(longevity) 2/2 Healing Prayers reduces mana of prayers Mending and Healing by 20%.
...(longevity) 1/1 Spirit of Redemption augments your spirit and allows you to keep on healing after a really nasty accident.
...(longevity) 5/5 Spiritual Healing allows all of your heals of any time to heal for 10% more. Allows at the very least one downrank of every type of heal causing you to burn less mana for the same amount healed.
...(longevity) 3/3 Holy Concentration is another 6% less mana used on any direct heal. When used with proper long casttime heals you'll probably get a full spirit regeneration tick as well because of a spell being free of charge and not triggering the 5-second rule of spirit based regeneration.
...(longevity) 5/5 Empowered Healing increases the effect of the healing gear you're wearing to the point you might start thinking about another downrank, cutting back mana costs even more.

This way you can keep on forever and have at your disposal, at will, incredible heavy healing at the max ranks.

You can mangle that spec towards 24-disc, 37-holy to get a PvP based healing spec.

You'll lose the empowered healing and you'll practically have 3 second long big heals which really need you to be on the ball in PvE but you'll gain...
...(pvp survival) 2/2 Martyrdom: No pushback problems and 20% resistance to school locks for 6s after being critted.
...(pvp survival) 3/3 Blessed Recovery: 25% of the critical hit you took gets regenerated in 6s.
...(pvp survival) 3/3 Blessed Resilience: On getting critted you have a 60% chance that you'll be uncrittable for 6 seconds.
...(shits and giggles) 1/1 Lightwell: Who knows, maybe when you're getting focused fired, your pals can use the lightwell to heal themselves - since heals in general are sparse in Arena anyway.

This has the advantage of having nearly all the longevity functionality from the earlier spec.

Another option is taking the very first spec and slanting it towards the Spirit buff, getting a 24-disc, 35-holy, 2-spare setup.

In essence you shift points into Discipline to be the Spirit buffer in the raid - and you'll take the additional points to augment that spirit buff in deliver additional damage and healing done to every caster who gets your buff.
You still retain most of the healing longevity and power of the first spec but you gain two free points to put in whatever suits you; harder hitting offensive powers, clearcast smites or even improved mana burn.