Guild hopper

Post by Spiney »

edited cause i suck at counting!
Moo! Happy now?
Erebus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Erebus »

So when are u rerolling Sneek? :) Shizume asked me of my spec the other day, and i think he got a bit disappointed from it :(. Here it is btw:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000
Well... i wont deny that i specced like this mostly to be able to FARM all those primals and daily quests, but u must admit i've thought of pve as well, since i put in all the must-have talents from discipline (silent reslove/imp buffs/meditation/mental agility) and a few from holy as well :). So far this spec hasnt let me down on our current raiding targets (magg/grull/hydross/lurker), at least i manage to fulfil my occassional role quite well ^^. To be honest, this spec is only 7 talents away from a full pve spec (imp smite and spirit tap) and for now i dont see this change obligatory. Of course the epics help also that i dont have to rely on every talent point ^^.
Anyway, i am very proud that i can combine pve with farming so well (and pvp too, since we made it to 1900 5v5 with this spec and me as an only healer :) ), so unless we get to Vashj next week or something i dont think i'll spec otherwise soon!
(Remember, spec has NOTHING to do with me wiping you SOMETIMES :roll: )
PS: Holy damage lovers should try it btw, maybe remove one point from silent resolve and 2 from focused power and put em at force of will, high crit is a must (23% here :()
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

For Narg:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=rxMRzZZVMGpMtRGtEo

A nice all-around build for your needs, since u don't raid u don't need less threat and 5/5 Shadow Focus :wink: and Meditation ain't needed that much for grind / PvP.

Just contact me for further questions :p or wait for other feedback here ^^
agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

here's the (basic part of the) macro for holyfire / smitespam someone asked about..

Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt] smite; [nocombat] holy fire; [help, target=targettarget] smite; smite;
This casts holy fire if you are out of combat, and casts smite if you are in combat..
If you target a friend, you will cast smite on your friends target..
(so you can get the insta-free-smites when Surge of Light procs off a heal, and you don't want to change target)

I also included an alt-cast smite, for those occations where surge of light has procced, but has less than 4 seconds left, and you would like to pull with a free instant smite instead of holy fire..
PWN!
agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

and this is the shackle macro I'm using..

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Shackle Undead
/dismount
/cast [target=focus,harm] Shackle Undead; [harm] Shackle Undead
/stopmacro [target=focus,noharm]
/script SendChatMessage&#40;UnitName&#40;"focus"&#41;.." <- shackling..! "&#41;
it shackles the target normally, or it shackles your focus..
if it shackles your focus, it informs everyone who you are shackling..

I also added that it removes your mount if you're mounted..
PWN!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

More damage!

http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/1531044380.htm
The plan is for a percentage of the +heal stat on items with pure +heal to be added as +spell damage, for no extra cost. Further details and exceptions will be discussed at a later time.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Talked about this crap at extreme length during some Molten Core runs ages ago.
The desire of the developers to introduce "interesting" item statistics like attackpower and recently, armor penetration and haste - at the time things like +shadowdamage, +naturedamage and +healing rather then just plain spelldamage, just breaks the game mechanics at a fundamental level.

I'd actually go as far as say to let all "power", be it melee skills or magical abilities to flow forth from "strength" rather then all sorts of secondary statistics like attackpower, spellpower, fire damage, healing and more.

You'd have to suffer very very boring loot though!
Lillstrumpan
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Lillstrumpan »

Skryter inte gärna, spelar inte känd. Föddes som en stjärna, dör som en legend.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 4375&sid=1

Something to smile while ur bored : )
Lillstrumpan
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Lillstrumpan »

Best raiding gear available (shadow)

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=3384
Skryter inte gärna, spelar inte känd. Föddes som en stjärna, dör som en legend.
Dawni
Scout
Scout

shackle

Post by Dawni »

simple shackle macro used in instance/raids so you don't have to click back and forth all the time.

/target Name
/cast shackle undead
/targetlasttarget

simply edit the name before the fight.
F.x. at moroes: "/target Baron Rafe"

Note: your focus will not change from the target you are healing/dps'ing, just remember to stand with front facing the shackle target.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Pain Suppression seems to stack atm...
Sinarion
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Sinarion »

How's your spell rotation on trash mobs in instances? Do you dot up several targets at the start or just focus on the main target?

Feel like im falling behind dps wise on trashpulls with only single target fire.

Usually use this cast sequence: VT>MB>MF>MF>MB>SW:D (Been thinking of maby using SW:D after the first MB but happens that i steal aggro quite easy).

Feels like SW:P isn't worth the mana since it rarely gets to be active for the whole duration before the mob dies.

I it worth it to dot up all mobs with VT+SW:P before i begin to focus on the main target?

Help appreciated
Cuming soon in a bed near you!
Spiney
Guild hopper

Post by Spiney »

In 5 man instances (even heroic):

1) If the group is good they will die too fast for SWP to be effective. Just use VT and then MB and SWD and start flaying until MB is up again.

2) If the group is badly geared then you probably can use VT + SWP on the main target, just check on the first pull and see how it works out.

3) Dotting up all targets depends on your tank, check his gear/spec/skill and see how it works out. Be mindful of CC though, cause if you dot everything up there won't be any.

On raid trash you can put VT+SWP without too much worries on every tanked target and then go for the main target, it will add nicely to your dps even when the mob dies when it's not full duration. Refresh them also. However, shadowpriests weren't built for 5-man instances unless you have BoS and/or a good prot tank/feral druid, cause you are required to hold back your damage or are very likely to overaggro.

Now about spell rotation and spec for max dps:

VT + SWP + MB + SWD and then flay until mind blast is up again. Use SWD after every MB when the cooldown is up. Usually after the 2nd SWD you have to renew VT again, depending on your spec/gear it could also be the same for SWP.

However, improved SWP is a good talent and should be taken. It is main source of damage in Mount Hyjal at least, haven't seen our Black Temple WWS yet.

Cap your spell hit rating if you haven't. In fact spell hit on as much gear pieces as you can requires less points in shadow focus so you can put that elsewhere.

Shadow Power gives bigger crits, so more damage, but if you want maximum dps you are required to use SWD whenever you can and have high HP. 1 HoT should be enough to put you back on full hp by the time the cd is up again, unless you had a big crit. Don't use it too much when the target takes extra damage, because then it might get ugly...

Get meditation. You go oom much slower in comparison to the old version, where it was simply not worth it. You might have to sacrifice some pvp talents for this cause by the time you have VT and 47 points in shadow already you will have to start choosing.

Don't take improved VE. It's a waste of talent points for pve.

The same goes for improved psychic scream and silence. For max pve damage output you can't afford putting points in this.

Spirit tap or blackout? I would take spirit tap for the extra mana regen you get, especially on fights with adds. You can sometimes time it right so you get the killing blow. It's not that great for raids, so if you prefer to have blackout then it shouldn't be a problem.

5/5 shadow weaving, even when you're with another shadowpriest.

I think that was the most important stuff. I'm holy atm but this is my usual 14/0/47 shadow build that i use for raiding. Check armory on january 2nd for this spec ^^
Moo! Happy now?