HUNTERS INN

Chit chat
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Dont forget to tame this beauty before cataclysm hits when isle of dread is submerged, this Chimaerok Devourer is a 61-62 elite and can be tamed by BM hunters

By altarion_wako at 2010-09-24
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Anyone tested different builds yet on dps? I haven't had time yet to go into details yet but I will soon. I really like the new pet abilities. A hunter becommes usefull for buffs now if you have the right pet. Cats give 155agi + 155str, wolves give 5% crit and so on.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Dosan wrote:Anyone tested different builds yet on dps? I haven't had time yet to go into details yet but I will soon. I really like the new pet abilities. A hunter becommes usefull for buffs now if you have the right pet. Cats give 155agi + 155str, wolves give 5% crit and so on.
ill test BM soon and if you like i can post it here
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

here is a BM test:

dosan if you could post a MM would be nice :)

Sarpedons talents: Sarpedon

Pet talents: PlipPlop
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Well I have made a surv build myself but I need to change some gems first in order to go testing. I got to much +hit since the patch and I could loose some crit aswell (almost 63% unbuffed). Dunno if mastery is nice but I need to stack some hast to make my steadyshots quicker for a better rotation. I will start testing later on today or tomorrow morning.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Dosan wrote:Well I have made a surv build myself but I need to change some gems first in order to go testing. I got to much +hit since the patch and I could loose some crit aswell (almost 63% unbuffed). Dunno if mastery is nice but I need to stack some hast to make my steadyshots quicker for a better rotation. I will start testing later on today or tomorrow morning.
awsome, do you use 2 surv specs or?
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Havent made an mm specc yet. But I will do that aswell. The only problem is that I will focus my gems on my surv build and not my mm build. So my mm dps will be a bit lower then the max possible dps.

Do you got a good site where to make wow 4.0.1 builds? Since the armory is under construction and the one from mmo champion is bugged. I could link my build then together with my stats.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

http://www.wowpopular.com/Hunter/talents

my BM is not popular though :D
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

My build that I use now: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZfZcrhcMhrRsk

agi: 2808
ap: 6341
haste: 23,27%
+hit: 9,33%
crit: 63,72%
mastery: 8

(need to regem and reforge)

Want to test the focus regen talent (Go for the Throat) in the mm tree together with the pet talent that makes your pet attacks do more dmg at the cost of extra focus.
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

6.85k dps with Dosan and my pet does an aditional 1.25k. Recount does not merge my pet with me (bugged). This is in total 8.1k dps. I think I can put out 9k if I get the rotation right (which is hard atm :P). Need more haste and more ap. Don't know what mastery does tbh. Gonna look on the internet for some info on the stat changes.

Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Did some quick regemming and switched some items to haste. Now I do 8.5k dps but I fucked up the rotation during the test. Had my own dps on 7.4k and my pet's dps on 1.4k for a long time which is 8.8k. I know I can reach 9k now with a little bit of practice and the use of autohotkey and eventalert.

p.s. both tests are done on the boss target dummy.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

does it feel like a good rotation, solid and fun? i must say BM is awsome, BM is behind still but not much at all i have heard, atleast in end gear. My pet crited 20k and a few new moves like Move to skill and if you have the tanking bear you can put him too sleep :D

And with some pvp gear, drinks and buffs and survival talents and glyphs im sure i can put my Hivebug Sandstalker up to 40-50k hp and he willl be uncritable and that would be and awsome solo hunting for special stuff in cata :D

ty Dosan for the test and looking forward too MM test <3
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Well it does not feel like a solid and fun rotation tbh. Shitty focus and casting glitches...
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

So what is wrong with huntards in cata?
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Dosan
General
General

Post by Dosan »

Rotation glitches, pushing SS when the other SS is 1/3 of the castbar will trigger another SS which is very annoying because you cant spam SS anymore untill you need to cast something else. You need to wait before the castbar is finished to cast something else. So it feels completely broken and not solid or smooth enough to max dps. I have put a lot of effort in getting the rotation right and it will get me @ 9k dps on the boss target dummy but if you press SS once to many your rotation becommes fubar and then the dps drops to 6/7k... I will play hunter in cata but I have had some doubts tbh.

There is one pro since the last patch: the new pets, abilities and stable slots. That rocks! To bad BM dps is shitty as hell.