still on the spot raiders? :)
Finally, an emotion I do not have to fake
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

51 point talents info:
51 beast
Beast Mastery [NYI]
You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total amount of Pet Skill Points by 5.

51 marks
Chimera Shot
You deal 30% weapon damage, consuming the current Sting on your target and triggering an effect:

Serpent Sting - Instantly deals 40% of the damage done by your Serpent Sting.

Viper Sting - Instantly burns 30% of the amount of mana drained on your Viper Sting, restoring 100% back to you.

Scorpid Sting - Reduces damage done by the target's next three attacks by 60%. The damage reduction is diminished by 20% following each attack. Lasts 10 sec.

51 surv
Explosive Shot
You fire an explosive charge into the target, dealing ${$RAP*0.2+$m1}-${$RAP*0.2+$M1} Fire damage every second for $d to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

bah the last talents in marks seem awesome, while survival provides some insane raidbuffs now. Although, if the exotic pets and the new pet skill system would allow for BM to rape damagemeters again, or at least be equal with Marksman, I am going for Beast Mastery. :>
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

in fact, i think i'll go with this for pure raiding

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?hun ... 0000000000
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

woot finally some info on pets in wotlk...
http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Hunter#tab=Pets
http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Hunter#tab=Pet_Talents

Some things look pretty overpowered, like the crab family Pin ability (pin the target in place for 12 sec and some minor physical dot), the owls' snatch (6sec disarm), nether rays get Nether Shock (earthshock...), sporebats get a cloud with 10 sec cooldown, that reduces the armor of everyone caught in it by 700...insane stuff...And thats only the family-specific abilities. The pet talent trees provide massive damage/utility/tanking boosts, up to now there wasnt any analogue to those talents, pets are not only completely rehauled they are buffed on a MAJOR level. I expect pet dps for a beast master to jump from roughly 30% of his dps now to 40-45% in wotlk. I completely take back anything I might have said about hunter not getting any new "OMGNERFLOL^^" talents like warrior and rogue for example...also with that much of an improvement in dps, seems like BM will still top marks, even with the awesome buffs they are getting ;). There are 2 talents in the pet DPS and tanking tree, that function like warrior shouts, only have 5 min CD, i guess they are saved for emergencies or for execute times:
Call of the Wild
100 Focus
Instant 5 min cooldown

Your pet roars, increasing the melee and ranged attack power of all party members within 20 yards by 5%. Lasts 20 sec.

Roar of Fortitude
100 Focus
Instant 5 min cooldown

Your pet roars, increasing the total health and Dodge chance of all party members within 20 yards by 10%. Lasts 40 sec.

Looks awesome TBH, can provide a helpful dmgboost, especially if it adds 5% to the total AP, or a third activate-able effect to a tank :P. I doubt anyone will raid with a tank pet, but with all the new talents for health, mitigation, aggro, taunt, last stand and etc i am willing to think a hunter pet can serve as a 5man instance tank. Maybe not heroic instance tank, but still...

BAH I WANT WOTLK ALREADY ><
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

Wowhead's pet talent calculators are up, and its obvious that if you dont have the final BM talent you dont have pts enough for the final tiers. Also your pet can have only one ultimate talent, finally some divercity.

what bugs me the most is that cat's racial is now prowl, and this is virtually making them redundant, compared to wolves, raptors, even moths...:/
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Prowl, how does it work for PvP? Or solo?
Rev
Scout
Scout

Post by Rev »

prowl is world PVP or BG for NE hunters
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

and you could also just dismiss your pet while you hide, the crab and hyena with their snare effects seem like a way better choice. Or the nether ray with its interrupt skill...
Rev
Scout
Scout

Post by Rev »

Yeah well its not the best pvp pet, but its just the only thing you can use it for.
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

sneek wrote:Prowl, how does it work for PvP? Or solo?
it allready exist: and imo sucky, as the pet moves slow to the target, which in most cenarios is running away from you: at least if you are named Gaar..;) I ganked alot in duskwood with my pet with prowl back at lvl 60, just stood outside the town, and took control of my pet, prowling into the town, pwning lowbies. Fun for about 30 mins. Also did some scouting with it when me nesraj (?) and Freudian had our ourdoor pvp sessions back in the days

Alot of awesome talents here, if I will somehow care once more, I really dunno what to pick, probably rp beastmastery with a hyena or wolf or bear. Bear is the ultimate rp pet imo. Miss my strawberry back at spinebreaker..:O

Roar of sacrifice:

Your pet absorbs damage from the friendly target up to a maximum of 50% of the pets total health. Last 12 sec. 3 sec cooldown (w00t?)

Overpowered? :) Thats a pretty heavy shield if you keep a tenacious pet like a Bear with heavy hitpoints.

Roar of recovery:

Your pet's inspiring roar restore 20% of your total mana over 8 sec 6 min cooldown

Call of the wild:

Your pet roars, increasing the melee and ranged attack power of all party memeber within 40 yards by 10% last 20 sec. 5 min cooldown
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

SU for life !
Much depends on how good the 'exotic' pets turn out to be - but it's good to see that surv is getting some insane buffs :p
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

HAHAHHA is this actually someones pet???
Shaatii
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Shaatii »

look mr Frodo! its an Olifant :lol:
Gaar
General
General

Post by Gaar »

hehe, very nice.. I remeber the first time I tamed a bear (ashenvale at lvl 20 mars 2005, named him strawberry), and got so sad when it shrinked into nothing. Big pets ftw